Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

what is the fastest 50cc restricted bike?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

jackv202
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 11:24 - 16 Aug 2004    Post subject: what is the fastest 50cc restricted bike? Reply with quote

what is the fastest 50cc restricted bike? and how fast does it go because 30mph seems really slow, thanks for the help
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

carvell
Scuttler

PostPosted: 11:25 - 16 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fastest restricted 50cc bike goes 30mph.

Thats what they are restricted to - as they are designed for 16 year olds and that's all they're allowed to go.

divuk83
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:47 - 16 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly, if it goes faster than 30mph its not restricted. Do you mean whats the fastest de-restricted 50?

Dave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ts50x0
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 14:21 - 16 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

my old ts50 went 35mph(40mph on clock) and it was still restricted.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

badlydamaged
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 17:40 - 16 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

A mates RS50 (brought brand new a year ago) is restricted, just about hits 45mph on the flat, many geared 50ccs will pull over 30mph even when they are restricted, dont know why, they just do.
jackv202 This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Confusing). Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:17 - 16 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

When they're restricted they're all the same, 30mph top speed that's the whole point of them being restricted.

binge
Emo Kiddy

PostPosted: 20:27 - 16 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, hes got a point. if you are looking at a derestricted bike, the gillera runner (2stroke) is a pretty good bike, good on hills etc. rs50s are cack, i can beat them on my speedfight. lol. and if u wana look like a gimp on an out of proportion 2 stroke "road bike" then get an rs50. but for a 50cc, i think scooters are the best for price, and they can be done up to go about 60mph.

ive got a speedfight 1, with 70cc kit on it, 70cc pipe and rollers, and i can push about 70mph on the flat.

but its ur choice. but all "Restricted" mopeds go 30mph, cos they are RESTRICTED!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:31 - 16 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably worth pointing out that (trying to) tuning a 50cc is going to make your insurance invalid, and you're not licensed to ride one with a big bore kit fitted so the police could become interested if they spot you, and your insurance will find out in the event of a claim as they want to find ways out of paying out so will want to check the bike over and will notice all the modifactions you've done and then you've got no insurance. Also worth mentioning that the improvement you'll make for your money tuning a 50cc is very very bad, so it's not worth doing really just save the money, do your test, then get something which takes tuning better.
ts50x0 This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Confusing). Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:27 - 16 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insurance companies strangely enough do look round for ways out of paying for a claim so was just letting you know that you could be caught out. The bigger the claim the more they look and if they find something then you're a little bit fucked.

They might be faster than the other 50cc bikes, but at what cost? Stupid money which is better saved and used on something where you get a much bigger gain for your money.

So if you tune an RS50 it will pull power wheelies? Yeah sure I believe you, honest. Laughing Laughing Laughing Are you actually trying to be serious in saying that? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Look better maybe but again at what cost? Those fairings will be very expensive to fix when it is dropped (and I use the word when as opposed to the one if as learner bikes do get dropped) and they don't really do anything for the bike other than that. Oh yeah, you'll look better on here if you use good spelling and grammar. Thumbs Up

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 23:53 - 16 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

ts50x0 wrote:
seriusly witha bit of tuning they can pull power wheelies and are seruisly quik.

Laughing

No they won't.

Nighteyes
Dirty Bint

PostPosted: 00:15 - 17 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh let them brag and boast Thumbs Up, after all.....then we get the opportunity to see them prove it Twisted Evil!

Come on lads, find a video camera...prove them wrong! Laughing

Frost
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:28 - 17 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

An RS125 wont power wheelie. claims that you adjusted the gearing to increase its top speed indicate you have changed either front or rear sprocket to gear the thing up for higher speeds. this makes it even less likely to power wheelie.
speeds of over 100mph are indeed possible on a 50, however for the amount of money you would have to spend to acheive this you could buy an R1.
At 16 you should be doing 30-40mph to work and back to save up enough money to buy a half decent bike when you turn 17.

Trunecka
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 02:34 - 17 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is unlikely for anyone looking for a restricted 50, but they might want to know which is the quickest ACCELERATING.

Though for that matter, there can't really be much between them from 0-30...

Trunecka
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 02:34 - 17 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is unlikely for anyone looking for a restricted 50, but they might want to know which is the quickest ACCELERATING.

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes

PostPosted: 12:52 - 17 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

An rs125 wont power wheely, but come out of the right corner at the right revs and the front end might come up a few inches, but not for long and it wont be that high.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:57 - 17 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm, that's still a power wheelie and unless you clutch it as you come out to corner or hit a bump in the road your front wheel will stay on the road which is the best place for it when you're coming out a corner.

ts50x0
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 13:07 - 17 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

i aint even got an rs50 ive got a cg and ive never had one. but me n my mate saw an rs50 do it and it was fast. yeh he probably did spend money on it but why would i lie when i dont care if they are fast or not....

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 14:04 - 17 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trunecka wrote:

I expect it is roundabout the same, up to 30 I can keep up with mates derestricted ped but after that nope!

Mine is still restricted yet I have got 45 out of it downhill.

Is it possible that after a certain amount of use the restrictor could be worn out anyway, even though it is only a washer in the variator? Confused
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
LorryDriver71 This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police

PostPosted: 15:52 - 17 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
No to mention you look Soooooooooo gay on a scooter, I can't believe anyone would ride them, I wouldn't be seen dead on one, even when someone I know needed their scooter moving a few meters into the garage I refused to get on it, thats how gay they are.

Overcompensating much?

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:58 - 17 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Lorry Driver, when you blast them away at 55mph in 3rd gear, that's about 35mph by your other assumptions of how much speedos misread. Razz Laughing

And yes he does have a right to say any bike is cack. He may only have a ped, but he still has an opinion and if wants to voice it then no problem. Thumbs Up

And refusing to even ride a scooter a few meters when a friend asks you is very very childish. Laughing Laughing

ts50x0 so it did a power wheelie at high speed? How do you know he didn't just dump the clutch, and the higher the speed on any bike the harder it is to wheelie so I very much doubt a 50cc could power wheelie from high speed.

Nath
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:31 - 17 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

ts50x0 wrote:
i aint even got an rs50 ive got a cg and ive never had one. but me n my mate saw an rs50 do it and it was fast. yeh he probably did spend money on it but why would i lie when i dont care if they are fast or not....

How can you be sure the rider didn't use the clutch?

Calling inanimate objects gay is pretty childish imo. From my prospective, riding a pretend sportsbike, which everyone knows is basically a moped with fancy plastic, is far worse than riding a scooter - It's expensive posing, that impresses no-one. I wouldn't have a scooter, but they're far more sensible than these 50cc "sportsbikes".

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:34 - 17 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

If even the rider had tried to use the clutch then on an RS50 they'd need to be going very slowly to clutch a wheelie on it, so I doubt that ts50x0 is telling the truth.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 247 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4