Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

what is the fastest 50cc restricted bike?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

mrchips
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:28 - 17 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I dumped the clutch into 2nd on my MT50 I felt the forks go light - probably more of bad clutch control than power! See when I cleared out the port on that thing but, boy did it fly. Up to 40 in a few seconds.
LorryDriver71 This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

jackv202
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 13:23 - 18 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol bak to the topic guys, we seemes to have strayed a little, people have sed that some restricted bikes can top 40mph is this true. and wud a aprilia gpr be able to go 40mph i restricted form?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 13:26 - 18 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't get it, a restrictor only lets you go 33MPH, in some cases it doesn't work very well, but I don't think that is dependant on the bike, it depends how they are restricted.

If you really want a 50 that goes fast then you will have to go down the derestricted group anyway.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
LorryDriver71 This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:07 - 18 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

LorryDriver71 wrote:
I could wheely in 3rd gear and had enough torque to pull to top speed (87mph) in top gear from 20mph.

Must have been a shit one or you weren't trying hard enough you should be able to power wheelie in 4th gear on them!! Razz RazzLaughing

philcxiv
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:15 - 18 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Restricted 50s 30mph tops de-restricted 60mph pushing it tops. Like it or lump it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 12:50 - 24 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

my brother had an aerox 50 and it pulled 40 (just). he then got new clutch rollers and it pulled 50 with scorpion exhaust. it could equal cg's and c90's easily. becasue of the new rollers, it lost some of the grunt (ahem) at the bottom end, but if you yanked it hard enough, it would still come up. i saw some maniac come past while i was in a car on an rs50 and he just went into a huge wheelie, like biaggi atbrno 1998. it did look cool. goes to show that you can wheelie anything, but i'm still struggling to sustain a clutch wheelie on my gs125 Laughing

simon1221
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:52 - 24 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

to get to 50mph the bike would have been de-restricted unless the restrictions were in the exhaust and they were removed when the new exhaust was installed

Reano
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 04:23 - 27 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

as far as i know, when a 50cc is de-restricted, its not classed as a scooter, its classed as a bike, which is what makes this illegal.

prove me wrong on this if you like.

simon1221
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:24 - 27 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can class it as a lawnmower if you like it still doesnt make any difference

16 year olds can only ride a bike of up to 3bhp

derestricted 50s are about 5bhp, so it is illegal for a 16 year old to have one, but about 95precent are derestricted, cos i think being restricted to 30mph is dangerous when cars are flying past at 60mph

17 year olds on provisional are allowed up to 15bhp (i think), so to have a derestricted 50 at 17 is fine
Reano This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 18:57 - 27 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reano, chill, we get it all the time, we are not l33t. Some people even go as far as saying we aren't even bikers. Though the last time I checked my ped had 2 wheels. Wink

Just ignore them. Or Agree.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

Reano
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:05 - 27 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh, im not agreeing to something i dont agree with Wink

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police

PostPosted: 19:07 - 27 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reano wrote:
as far as i know, when a 50cc is de-restricted, its not classed as a scooter, its classed as a bike, which is what makes this illegal.

prove me wrong on this if you like.

No derestricting it makes it illegal. If it were a 50cc scooter, it would still be a scooter once derestricted. If it were a 50cc race replica, it would still be a race replica once derestricted. There is no licensing class of "bike" or "scooter".

For legal use, it's a moped if it a) has a capacity of 50cc or less, b) is restricted to 30mph, and c) it has pedals if it was registered before August 1977.

Quote:
i was proving the point that 50cc's are not scoots when thier de-restricted, which is why 16's cant ride a de-restricted 50.

No, you weren't.

16 year olds can't ride a derestricted 50, as it breaks one of those rules above.

And switch to decaf.

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:19 - 27 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can whatever you want to, scooter or bike, at the age of 16 as long as it doesn't have an engine above 50cc and it can't do more than 30mph (well something like 50kph).

simon1221
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:23 - 27 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didnt say your bike was a lawnmower i said you can call it whatever you like

"you can class it as a lawnmower if you like it still doesnt make any difference"

i apologise completely if you think my reply was personally directed towards you, it wasnt, im just saying it isnt classed as anything different if it is derestricted

im sorry i didnt know what your dad does i was just picking a motorised example, so dont take it personally

im sure he did work hard to pay for it ive worked hard all summer to pay for mine

and btw i have a gilera dna which i got 2 months ago, is a scooter and makes me look silly but i dont care, as i am not abusing new bikers, just explaining what i thought were the rules

Reano
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:35 - 27 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh, no worries simon, my post wasn't directed totally at you either, but at everyone who uses that "sarcasm" in thier posts about 50cc's (excluding ste's recent post).
was my fault for snapping like that at you, which i shouldn't have, for which i am sorry Thumbs Up

what can i say?, im easily frustrated Razz

TheShaggyDA wrote:

And switch to decaf.

i dont drink coffee.

but if you'd like me to calm down just hand me the spliff Wink

simon1221
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:37 - 27 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok dude no worries

Wave2k
G's Stalker

PostPosted: 00:58 - 28 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

its the same for people with 33bhp licences and 16 year olds

most 50cc peds are deresricted

and most people with a 33bhp license go above it

its all illegal and it makes ur insurance invalid

its ur own risk, but i say to hell with it
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Spiral
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 11:28 - 28 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh 50cc doing 70mph Laughing

yeah of a cliff they will!

binge
Emo Kiddy

PostPosted: 03:18 - 30 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

ts50x0 wrote:
im afraid your wrong ste ive made a claim on a tuned up 50 n knowone batted an eyelid. no-one rides a restricted 50 these days n ive never heard of any insurance companys not paying out or the police looking at them.
n the rs 50 is a very fast 50. you were probably racing 1 that was either restricted or had origonal road gearing on so that it reved out at 50mph. seriusly witha bit of tuning they can pull power wheelies and are seruisly quik.
but bloody unreliable so i still woulnd go there.
n dont get a moped get a proper bike!!!!!!!!! u will look 10 times better on a rs than a ped boi

When my first scooter was written off by some old blind guy in his volvo, the insurance came out and had a look at my bike and sed yes, it is a write off. heres £2000

The bike is only usually inspected if sombody is put in hospital caused by the accident!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:37 - 30 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

They'll only inspect if it is a sizeable payout, if you crash into a new Jaguar or something I'd expect them to have a look over your bike.

binge
Emo Kiddy

PostPosted: 02:15 - 01 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt quite say it does a ton. ive got a mate whos got a Derbi GPR (all the same) with a FULL metrakit on it (75cc) and he can just creep past my on my speedfight 70cc at top speed. my speedfight has been clocked flat out at 69mph. So that means his GPR probably does 72 - 75mph. Im not being bitchey or picking but i doubt that a 50cc would be able to top 87.
I think somebody is lying. Wink

LorryDriver71 wrote:
jackv202 wrote:
wud a aprilia gpr be able to go 40mph i restricted form?

Hahaha, yea Aprilia GPR's are well good. I remember I had a friend who used to have an Aprilia GPR back in the early 90's. I could wheely in 3rd gear and had enough torque to pull to top speed (87mph) in top gear from 20mph.
He put an Aprilia GPR big bore on it taking it from an Aprilia GPR50 to and Aprilia GPR80. That made it do about 96 mph and then with a sports exaust it did 104mph. In the end because it wheelied so much the powerband snapped. But it was a great bike untill then which he did around 34k km's on.

I would say an Aprilia GPR could easily do 40mph restricted more like 55-60 seening as they can do almost 90 de-restricted.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 02:31 - 01 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a 75cc big bore kit it is no longer a 50cc bike. Razz

There is no real chance of getting a 50cc to 87mph without spending stupid money on tuning it, or throwing it off a cliff and measuring it with a radar gun on the way down. Single use 50cc though. Razz
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 232 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4