Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

what is the fastest 50cc restricted bike?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

27yo kid
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 16:52 - 08 Oct 2004    Post subject: Derbi 50cc Reply with quote

Hey, I'm just getting derbi gpr, Insurance guys would definately check it out if I rode it off a cliff to get it to go above 70!

Fire_Eyes
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 07:23 - 09 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

honda have a 2005 nsr50 looks very sporty its made for us youngsters that wanna learn how to knee down but its not allowed on the streets so i dont know anyone feeling risky Very Happy ...guess not lol Exclamation
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 09:57 - 09 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NSR50 is quite an old bike I think, and is street legal as far as I know. No reason you can't get your knee down on most bikes; and many scooters.

Spiral
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 11:39 - 09 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of curiosity how long would a 50cc de restricted be able to maintain 60mph i mean granted they could probaly do it with a bit of work, but how long could it maintain this till it overheats or just dies the death.

Marc_Buck
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 18:09 - 14 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

LorryDriver71 wrote:

Quote:
the gillera runner (2stroke) is a pretty good bike, good on hills etc. rs50s are cack, i can beat them on my speedfight.

Firstly, just to clarify this, a gillera runner is not a 'bike', it is a 'scooter'. You have no right to say that an Rs50 is cack when you have a scooter. And the only way you'd beat one was if it was restricted.

To be honest, a friend of mine has an 04 plate Gilera Runner sp50, de-restricted, it beat another of my friends rs50 derestricted and another of my friends yamaha tzr50.

So LorryDriver71 you do not know all mate.

The rs and tzr are heavily tuned too.

Spiral
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 19:59 - 14 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i have heard this as well, speed fight 50's taking on RS50's and winning, gears on a 50cc is pointless.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:31 - 14 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other than the point that they help you get used to using the gears and the clutch which will be helpful when you get a bigger bike, geared 50cc bike are pointless. Even if you plan on going the Max Power direction when you're 17 they will still help you have an understanding of gears and the clutch and how they work, which will be helpful as I don't think you can get a twist and go Nova yet.

Nath
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:10 - 14 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus the fact that riding with a gears is more fun. Twist and Go is just that - You sit on the thing and twist the throttle, and it goes. Never ridden one myself but i'd guess it must get pretty boring, especially on roads without too many bends. Working the engine is half the fun of biking.

Spiral
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 22:05 - 14 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

but on a 50cc you must have to work them gears a lot!

Kye
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:17 - 14 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scooter racing at Cadwell at the weekend, im off, you'll see tuned Zip's doing 90mph+, go tell them they are only scooters and are only doing 60 "real speed", you bunch of arrogant c*nts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:26 - 14 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well they're not "only scooters", they've spent lots of money on them and will be spending lots of time and money keeping them that way and rebuilding them. So someone who is actually spending lots of money and time and getting a scooter which can be used on a track to go fast for a bit is slightly different to most ped boi's and their K&N filters and a aftermarket exhaust.

27yo kid
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 12:43 - 15 Oct 2004    Post subject: agree with ste Reply with quote

Guys I have to say I agree with ste here.
Its like getting a kit car (which I have) and comparing it to a racing kit car.
I mean my cars great but the cars they race are more than just kit cars.
Same goes with truck racing.
(besides, I bet they dont whizz in and out of traffic and up on the pavement when they're racing them on the track!)

THAT WAS A JOKE BEFORE ANYONE GETS UPSET!!! Laughing

DM
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:31 - 16 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I borrowed a friend's Runner SP50 for 2 months while he was in school and my engine was in pieces. It's a '99 model, original piston and cylinder, completely stock but derestricted and I managed 102 kph / 60 mph (indicated 110 kph, but the speedo's off) down a long, slight hill and was good for 88-90 kph on a flat if I was to duck breeze. It's the fastest stock 50 I've ever ridden, and I've ridden a lot of 50's Wink.

Another friend of mine had an NSR 50 with carbon fibre reeds, a 21mm carb, cone air filter and performance exhaust and was topping 115 kph / 72 mph on a flat for a few months after buying it. Those are correct speeds as someone was following with a digital speedo the first night he opened it up proper.

My point is some of you have some strange ideas about what 50's are capable of. In Bermuda, when you turn 16, you get a 50, whether as a birthday present or from your own pocket. That's just how it is. You can imagine the competition between the guys with the faster bikes and the money dropped on performance parts Smile. So, I've been to a lot of races, ridden a lot of tuned machines, etc, and some of them aren't bad for what they are.
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 10 years, 125 days between these two posts...

SuperSpack
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 00:38 - 17 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

What speed increase will you get from changing from 11T to 12T or 13T
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Clutchy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:45 - 17 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

100000000mph

Give or take.

Bikeless
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:51 - 17 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clutchy wrote:

Give or take.

10 years or so.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:14 - 17 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's gone relativistic, probably only 5 minutes subjective time.

pdg
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:42 - 17 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste, 10 years ago, wrote:
I'm coherent!!

Time travel is brilliant.

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 15:27 - 17 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperSpack wrote:

1/ Don't dig up a decade old threads.
2/ Expect to get the piss ripped regardless
3/ Ask a full and proper question.

To answer what you asked.. a 13 tooth sprocket will be heavier than an 11 tooth sprocket... other than that.. sort of depends really... quite a lot actually... like whether that's the driving sprocket, or the drive sprocket, and how many teeth the 'other' sprocket has.. the gearing 'ratio' is the 'ratio' of teeth on driven sprocket to teeth on the drive sprocket... and you have only offered half the sum. THEN there is the small issue, that 'gearing' is merely the means by which you match engine speed to road speed. POWER = DRAG x SPEED.. so if you want to go faster, which we assume you do, you need to ether increase power, or reduce drag, or both... if you don't, you can do what you like with the gearing; all you will do is make it slower. If gears too low, engine will reach max revs at a road speed beneath that where Power matches Drag. If gears too tall, power will match drag before you reach max power revs; and most bikes with gears, to start with, have 'too tall' a ratio in 'top' gear and 'too low' a ratio in bottom gear, so messing about with the overall drive ratio by one or two teeth over 30 odd, rarely makes much odds; and tend to just moves your shift points around a bit. So what's the 'question'?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:37 - 18 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teflon-Mike wrote:
SuperSpack wrote:

1/ Don't dig up a decade old threads.
2/ Expect to get the piss ripped regardless
3/ Ask a full and proper question.

To answer what you asked.. a 13 tooth sprocket will be heavier than an 11 tooth sprocket... other than that.. sort of depends really... quite a lot actually... like whether that's the driving sprocket, or the drive sprocket, and how many teeth the 'other' sprocket has.. the gearing 'ratio' is the 'ratio' of teeth on driven sprocket to teeth on the drive sprocket... and you have only offered half the sum. THEN there is the small issue, that 'gearing' is merely the means by which you match engine speed to road speed. POWER = DRAG x SPEED.. so if you want to go faster, which we assume you do, you need to ether increase power, or reduce drag, or both... if you don't, you can do what you like with the gearing; all you will do is make it slower. If gears too low, engine will reach max revs at a road speed beneath that where Power matches Drag. If gears too tall, power will match drag before you reach max power revs; and most bikes with gears, to start with, have 'too tall' a ratio in 'top' gear and 'too low' a ratio in bottom gear, so messing about with the overall drive ratio by one or two teeth over 30 odd, rarely makes much odds; and tend to just moves your shift points around a bit. So what's the 'question'?

To summarise Mike, unlikely to increase your top speed (by much, if at all). The engine is unlikely to have the ummph to propel you faster.

Wednesday Biker
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 15:00 - 23 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Used to have an old DT50.
That went to 47mph and then needle stopped but mates clocked me at 55mph downhill.
Blew it up like but they were cheap to fix.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:18 - 23 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperSpack wrote:

None. Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 2 years, 164 days between these two posts...

JAWA
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:13 - 05 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

carvell wrote:
The fastest restricted 50cc bike goes 30mph.

Thats what they are restricted to - as they are designed for 16 year olds and that's all they're allowed to go.

Bullshit, i have Jawa betka 50 and it can go max 70km/h. However the bike will shake a lot and it consumes a lot of fuel when you go that speed.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:34 - 05 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's de-restricted then Rolling Eyes

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:42 - 06 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAWA wrote:
carvell wrote:
The fastest restricted 50cc bike goes 30mph.

Thats what they are restricted to - as they are designed for 16 year olds and that's all they're allowed to go.

Bullshit, i have Jawa betka 50 and it can go max 70km/h. However the bike will shake a lot and it consumes a lot of fuel when you go that speed.

Cool Story Bro. Rolling Eyes

Why oh why did you drag up this thread with your 1st and so far only post? Brick Wall
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 258 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4