Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The anti third wave feminism anti SJW nonsense thread.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 147, 148, 149  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:43 - 07 Jan 2016    Post subject: The anti third wave feminism anti SJW nonsense thread. Reply with quote

Update: Changed the thread title to include SJW nonsense because it's all much the same really. Modern feminism, safe spaces, white male privilege, etc.

- - -

Because why not.

Posted as a 'current affair' because feminism is current and will die out at some point.

I'm all for equality and would have once fully backed the cause under its original meaning.

But now, as with almost every social phenomenon ever, it has been hijacked and ruined by morons.

So this thread is specifically for people to say or do or post whatever they care about in relation to this topic.

Recently I discovered a couple of fantastic anti-feminist youtube series, so here are those:
Joseph Paul Watson
Thunderf00t

These two are particularly great:
Thunderf00t - If men acted like feminists - Part 1
Thunderf00t - If men acted like feminists - Part 2

He essentially highlights and analyses female privilege in society. It's brilliant.

Last edited by Lord Percy on 19:38 - 10 Mar 2016; edited 1 time in total

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:48 - 07 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

The truth is this whole 'feminism' debate only seems to exist online anyway. It's keyboard warriors vs keyboard warriors. I've never seen anything anywhere near as extreme, at both ends of the scale, happen in real life. Ok there's the odd rape etc, but there are also muggings, fights, harassment etc towards everyone anyway. I was 'sucker headbutted' on Tuesday night by a drunk guy at 3am whose sole intention was to be angry towards anyone in the vicinity. He was then knocked spark out by someone else. I'd say violent, binge drinking culture is just as serious as anything else, but nobody will pipe up about that because it doesn't involve the persecution of a minority.

I'm bored of the male guilt thing. And I'm especially bored of being told my opinion is invalid because I haven't 'experienced' it or whatever. I was accused of condoning rape (in an online debate of course - these accusations never come out in real life) because I argued it's not as big of an issue as it's made out to be (how many of us actually know a rapist or rape victim, seriously), and I argued that a culture of fear is the most unhealthy aspect of society, so why do they promote it?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:54 - 07 Jan 2016    Post subject: Re: The anti-feminism thread. Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
because feminism is current and will die out at some point.

Insha'Allah.

Snackbar will deal with them soon enough. They better enjoy it while it lasts.

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:55 - 07 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
I'm bored of the male guilt thing. And I'm especially bored of being told my opinion is invalid because I haven't 'experienced' it or whatever...

Exactly this. If I haven't experienced it and/or wouldn't understand it then why waste you're breath trying to educate me? I'm a white male and I do what I want because I don't care about minorities!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mpd72 CPT
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:56 - 07 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't that Thunderf00t one appear on here recently? He got revenge after some annoying militant woman (I use the term loosely) tried to get him sacked.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:57 - 07 Jan 2016    Post subject: Re: The anti-feminism thread. Reply with quote

a moron wrote:
it has been hijacked and ruined by morons.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:14 - 07 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Thunderf00t

He doesn't half bang on and on and on. So at least he's got that common ground with feminists.

staffo
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 15:18 - 07 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post tumblr stress disorder on facebook. My daily dose of laugh or cry.
15:58:19 Ste: your spelling it worse than a retards.
15:58:23 Ste: *is

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 16:00 - 07 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

A great deal of what is referred to as feminism these days is actually misandry.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:16 - 07 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
A great deal of what is referred to as feminism these days is actually misandry.

Well, it's about justice, not equality.

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:19 - 07 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

The very term feminist is anti equality, egalitarian is equality if I remember my bullshit labels correctly.
Agree with Stink, been reading a fair bit into it recently and there seems to be a large array of screaming misandrist harpies who wouldn't know equality if it bitch-slapped them back to the 1900s. What really galls though is their seeming lack of compassion or interest for the women suffering under genuine oppression as it doesn't fit their agenda of Western white patriarchal oppression.

And what about the white knight feminists? Some funny reading about those that fell from grace.

Last edited by Sload on 20:28 - 07 Jan 2016; edited 2 times in total

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:27 - 07 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sload wrote:
What really galls though is there seeming lack of compassion or interest for the women sufferring under genuine oppression as it doesn't fit their agenda of Western white patriarchal oppression.

All oppression is the fault of Western white patriarchs.

https://womenagainstfeminismuk.wordpress.com/tag/amanda-kijer/

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:53 - 07 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, Carbon fibre is misogyny.

By Anna Hickey-Moody, the 'Head of PhD Arts Practice and Learning, Reader in Cultural Studies of Education' at Goldsmiths University of London.

You'll probably read the abstract a few times before realising it isn't obscure academic speak, it really is just pure nonsense.

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:16 - 07 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
Actually, Carbon fibre is misogyny.

By Anna Hickey-Moody, the 'Head of PhD Arts Practice and Learning, Reader in Cultural Studies of Education' at Goldsmiths University of London.

You'll probably read the abstract a few times before realising it isn't obscure academic speak, it really is just pure nonsense.

What a load of tosh. Probably why it's been published in a "Journal" with an impact factor of 0.00
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:20 - 07 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although, re-reading my post. Impact factor can obviously be linked with the historical white patriarchal scientific community and thus the IF can be used as a way to oppress the womens and disableds ...

Ribenapigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:12 - 07 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im perfectly happy to have the notion that women are inherently superior to men in all ways, thereby meaning all men are effectively disabled and so I can qualify for some state disability benefits.

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 19:09 - 07 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was to tune an engine, I would start off by removing any artificial restrictions. Then I would look at forced induction. Then I would get into head work and messing around with the fuel injection.

At this point I have doubled my output. I am now moving into the land of diminishing returns, where to make an increase in power output I will have to spend a lot of money, and compromise on something else - it could reliability, a narrow power band, weight.

Feminism has hit diminishing returns. Fringe groups looking to make an improvement in one area must sacrifice something else - generally the stability and image of the entire feminism banner. Arguments must be completely over the top to attempt to achieve a minor change. The evidence base is shaky, so anyone challenging it is shouted down, which adds to the evidence base acting against their chosen objective.

Its a shame, because amongst all the noise there are some worthy things. Breastfeeding in public comes to mind, something which is currently becoming a bit of an issue in America due to them being 40 years behind Europe. Women's rights in the Middle East and large parts of Afrcia, which are medieval.

But progress is being held up by people who think feminism should be taking an everyday object, holding it up as a symbol of white patriarchy, then getting wound up.

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:16 - 07 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inb4 Mumsnet
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.

Nexus Icon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:00 - 07 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just let them get on with it. They'll ruin it for themselves eventually.

Once they find themselves getting destroyed in divorce cases, having to work for an extra five years and having to stand next to someone of questionable character to urinate in a public lavatory they'll realise it's not all roses.

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:40 - 07 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Sload wrote:
What really galls though is there seeming lack of compassion or interest for the women sufferring under genuine oppression as it doesn't fit their agenda of Western white patriarchal oppression.

All oppression is the fault of Western white patriarchs.

https://womenagainstfeminismuk.wordpress.com/tag/amanda-kijer/

I read that from the other thread. Ill raise you https://witchwind.wordpress.com/2014/10/07/utopia-what-would-a-womens-society-look-like/

For bonus points make it through the comments without saying psychopathic hypocrites out loud Mr. Green

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:57 - 07 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nexus Icon wrote:
Just let them get on with it. They'll ruin it for themselves eventually.

Once they find themselves getting destroyed in divorce cases, having to work for an extra five years and having to stand next to someone of questionable character to urinate in a public lavatory they'll realise it's not all roses.

This is why they seem to hate transexuals and the whole gender fluid argument, feminists now want to be the top dog, but if there is no gender so to speak, they cannot push their anger on everyone
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Jewlio Iglesias wrote: I actually did vote BNP once

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:44 - 07 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:

This is why they seem to hate transexuals and the whole gender fluid argument, feminists now want to be the top dog, but if there is no gender so to speak, they cannot push their anger on everyone

My experience of the feminist lot is that they totally take these sorts of people in as well. Or at least they're the ones that grate on me the most - the ones who support literally every single possible minority 'rights' campaign there is (which I suppose is fine) but at the same time they aggressively shout down all those who don't fit into their special sympathy boxes. So mainly cis white hetero males*.

*(It amazes me that the term I've just used there even exists. The fact they can argue about gender fluidity while at the same time create, and use, such a label makes absolutely no sense and is pretty much counter to their own apparent ideal of allowing everyone to be whatever they want).

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:48 - 07 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
mpd72 wrote:
Thunderf00t

He doesn't half bang on and on and on. So at least he's got that common ground with feminists.

Well, I quite like him now because it lead me to Amy's Kitchen Bakery kitchen nightmares episode... pure gold

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:49 - 07 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
Rob Fzs wrote:

My experience of the feminist lot is that they totally take these sorts of people in as well. Or at least they're the ones that grate on me the most - the ones who support literally every single possible minority 'rights' campaign there is (which I suppose is fine) but at the same time they aggressively shout down all those who don't fit into their special sympathy boxes. So mainly cis white hetero males*.

*(It amazes me that the term I've just used there even exists. The fact they can argue about gender fluidity while at the same time create, and use, such a label makes absolutely no sense and is pretty much counter to their own apparent ideal of allowing everyone to be whatever they want).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mnui7OqawSM

These 2 didn't really see eye to eye, it just makes me laugh now
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Jewlio Iglesias wrote: I actually did vote BNP once

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:01 - 08 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just seen this.

"Not Allowing Your Wife to F**k Other Men is Sexist"

It's a ranty video about a guy who happily lets his wife go out and sleep with other men, and he wrote about it for New York Magazine.

The comments are partially correct - if a guy is content with his wife going out and doing that, then who is anyone to judge...

I guess the thing that gets to me is that these ideas are being promoted by major publications. Does anyone really think society would be better if every woman could go out and sleep with whoever she pleases (keep in mind it's far easier for any woman to get sex), while men have to continue with the same uphill struggle they've been dealing with for aeons? I believe slut-shaming is more than a modern social construct. It's a social evolutionary measure of some sort. The simple fact that most men and women have a negative opinion on sleeping around is proof enough that it's more than some male-enforced patriarchy nonsense.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 313 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 147, 148, 149  Next
Page 1 of 149