Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The anti third wave feminism anti SJW nonsense thread.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 147, 148, 149  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:14 - 13 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I deleted the one guy who exposed me to it all. I mean literally it was one person on my facebook friends list who caused all the feminist grief. And it was only rarely that something like the argument above happened. In fact only twice. But I still often saw the shite he would post up and it grated on me all the same.

He's deleted now. Free at last. I think I mainly enjoyed seeing his opinions because it acted as a kind of subconscious pat on the back - "Oh I'm so glad I'm not like this guy." Pretty weak of me really Laughing

And I don't have lectures at the moment as it's exam time Wink

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:21 - 13 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sload wrote:
You got your ass handed to you

How so? Because I didn't rise up and bluntly call her the dumb, feminazi moron she is? I don't see the point in throwing childish insults around, I prefer reasoned discussion. Specially on a public website where my name and details are there. I still think most of the people I've ever argued with on the internet I would probably get on fine with in real life, so I try to avoid it these days as it doesn't reflect the way we'd probably interact in person. She wasn't having any of it though so I flounced.

I was meaning to respond with this video actually but I can't now since deleting the guy.

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:21 - 13 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Modern feminism to the feminist movement is ISIS to Islam?

Not at all, simply because as it reads to a (semi) objective outsider, you retreated from the oppressive barrage. At least you appear to be seeing through that stuff, still a massive dreamer though.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:31 - 13 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it you mean the part where I called her an extremist. Honestly I think she was. Feminism is in theory a good thing. She claims to be a feminist. She isn't, she's giving it a bad name. I didn't really make an ISIS link like that, I didn't mean she's a terrorist, I just mean she's at the extreme, negative and alienating end of the scale when it comes to her ideologies.

Here's a picture I found after a little stalk of her facebook page:

#notallfeminists ?

http://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12042928_10156118981185335_1569658650316089242_n.jpg?oh=5ae0b45c6949b54f03e619a7182aa02e&oe=573DC225

ThoughtContro...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:35 - 13 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
I was meaning to respond with this video actually but I can't now since deleting the guy.

Nah, just tell her to enjoy her cats Wink

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:57 - 13 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

No link to terrorists implied, just the reference to viewpoints of vagaries of ideology within a supposed movement.

Did you watch that vid I posted?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 17:00 - 13 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next time, just skip to asserting that you sexually identify as an attack helicopter.

Incidentally, if the issue of gender being a social construct comes up, be sure to ask if that means that homosexuality is a choice.

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:09 - 13 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

To quote "I sexually identify as a subway train. I am metrosexual."

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:19 - 13 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sload wrote:
No link to terrorists implied, just the reference to viewpoints of vagaries of ideology within a supposed movement.

Did you watch that vid I posted?

The hour long TV interview? It's quite long for me to sit through at the moment but I've skipped along some bits of it and I agree with what that old lady is saying.

ThoughtContro...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:33 - 13 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sload wrote:
To quote "I sexually identify as a subway train. I am metrosexual."

Some days I identify as a glass of Vimto. Other days I identify as a cup of tea. I'm genderfluid

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 17:38 - 13 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this gender bollocks is just an updated FYIAD. Boring people desperately trying to make themselves seem interesting by inventing shit about themselves.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:39 - 13 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm cifgender

http://www.filmefex.hu/content/images/111101173513_cif-costume.jpg

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:57 - 13 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the one, it's great in that you get a fair and reasonable account of the origins of modern 3rd wave feminism from the radicals of the second wave, from an egalitarian feminist.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:05 - 13 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I noticed her saying about how feminism used to be in her day. It was quite refreshing. She said they enjoyed men as friends and equals, it was about liberation and rights, rather than the mindless hatred we have today.

Poseidon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:04 - 13 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want all people to be treated equally.

Except politicians... They can get tae fuck.

Speaking to a sociologist I know, wanting everyone equal (equal pay, equal rights etc) essentially makes me a feminist. I don't mind that. Given I spend an inordinate amount of time staring at the female form and fantasising about their fun bits, I'm not so sure I am a feminist. But hey, I know plenty of females women who spend an inordinate amount of time staring at males men and fantasising about those fun bits too, so I guess their not feminists either.

I don't mind that either.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:18 - 13 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poseidon wrote:

Speaking to a feministI know, wanting everyone equal (equal pay, equal rights etc) essentially makes me a feminist.

Well, they would say that.
As per my first post, not the case to my mind.

Poseidon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:28 - 13 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm reading you correctly, it should be an "equalityist movement", rather than a feminist movement, thereby, regardless of gender, you can campaign for everyone to be equal.

I'm up for that. Especially if it means dad's get as much leave as mum's do once sprogs come along. Broke my heart only having 4 weeks with my new little bundles before heading back out 50+ hours a week to provide for them.

smegballs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:54 - 14 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main IMO with feminism as it appears these days is that is not simply "equality for men and women", it is a doctrine. From what I gather "feminist theory" hinges around the alleged existence of the big evil boogman "the patriarchy" (dun dun duuunnnnnn) who actively arranges society to be keeping women down and that.

Then they try to play the line "feminism = equality for men and women" to try and get their foot in the door, then open up with various insane unfalsifiable "theories" and "truths". Repeat said insanity over and over in enough echo chambers until you get a manufactured consensus of what is what, and anyone who disagrees is a misogynistic shitlord. It's pretty much the exact same mindset and tactics of the privilege police, funny how feminists seem to also be well of

Real life is much simpler:

Women have some issues they want addressing.
Men have some issues they want addressing.

You can accept the two above statements and agree that men and women should enjoy equal rights without full retard.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:12 - 14 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/12099023/Pink-Ladyball-designed-for-women-footballers-has-to-be-seen-to-be-believed.html

Laughing Laughing Laughing

They just need a good hard dick in them, that'll cure 'em.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:30 - 14 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/12099023/Pink-Ladyball-designed-for-women-footballers-has-to-be-seen-to-be-believed.html

Laughing Laughing Laughing

They just need a good hard dick in them, that'll cure 'em.

It must be a piss-take, surely.

Quote:
A description of the garish pink ball claims the ball is inspired by new technological advancements that means it is: "Soft touch, eazi play and fashion driven."

The ball is said to boast a 'high gloss pink exterior', which is designed "especially for a women's unique grip."

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:33 - 14 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:

Photoshop cut-n-pasta with a Rampant Rabbit in 3... 2...

scorps
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:37 - 14 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought i'd have a look in and having waded through it all I figured I should shove my tuppence worth in.

What is classed as feminism today, is definately not feminism. I think women should be treated as equals regardless, we can hardly preach this to the darlings that gather round big areas like stations wanting to get some of the free for all feely if we arent treated equally.

A woman doing the same job as a man should be paid the same. If a woman is physically able to do the same job as a man then there should be no problem, if a man and woman both work then both should share domestic stuff etc.

Ive no idea where this vagina yeast bread making and period blood painting group of feminazis have appeared form neither do I know the point. I can say this though, they are not popular with your non feminazi women.

Men and women do think differently and this is fine if we communicate. I have no issue with men who think women belong in the kitchen because there are women who will be happy to fulfill that role. Women have put so much pressure on themselves to be everything that they are now starting to feel resentful because you cant do it all. The work family balance is only attainable if there are two parents to share the load, this is another issue when the family unit breaks down. Society has pretty much dismantled the whole family values through progression so I dont see anything improving in my life time.

smegballs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:50 - 14 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

scorps wrote:

A woman doing the same job as a man should be paid the same.

Should a timid man and a confident man doing the same job get paid the same?

Say the above are both doing the same job. The timid man doesn't want to rock the boat and feels pretty thankful just to have a job at all. The confident man knows his worth to the firm and on that basis asks for, and gets, a raise.

No-one is "at fault" here, the pay discrepancy is just the product of their own personal characters and perceptions of life. It does end up though with people being paid differently for the same job. Obviously shelf-stackers are paid a basic wage regardless, but there are certainly some roles in which your renumeration will be dependent on your personal negotiation skills. Is it fair to pay less to shy, less confident people than you pay to confident people who will fight for what they want?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

scorps
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:54 - 14 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you are saying Smeg is that women aren't assertive enough? Women have been fighting for equal pay since before I was old enough to work. Nothing to do with being timid. I've walked from a job and taken clients with me rather than accept less pay than a male colleague even though I got promoted over him. Because no amount of protest has resulted in it being unlawful, women have to put up or move on. Nothing to do with being timid. The employment laws don't offer any protection for women regards pay levels based on what a male colleague earns.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 21:36 - 14 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

scorps wrote:
The employment laws don't offer any protection for women regards pay levels based on what a male colleague earns.

View it another way: enforced equal pay protects misogynists from the consequences of their idiocy.

You were worth more than you were getting paid, and you walked. Who lost out?

They did.

Problem?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 306 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 147, 148, 149  Next
Page 3 of 149