Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bullit hunt s 125cc

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Pepi1967
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 18:40 - 12 Jan 2016    Post subject: Bullit hunt s 125cc Reply with quote

Hi guys I was hoping one of you may of heard of this bike. My son is in love with the thing and wants one but I can't find anything on the net about them. Well not in a language I can understand anyway. I don't think it's a Chinese brand but was hoping one of you more informed bikers new something. Any help would be a bonus.

Matt B
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:47 - 12 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that not just a re-badged Mash?

riejumike
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 18:54 - 12 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the Lexmoto XF125R is the same bike rebadged. I don't know much about it but I think that "Bullit", "Lexmoto", etc. are just the badges the importers put on the Chinese imported bikes.

I think you'll find it much easier to find a local Lexmoto dealer that could sell you an XF125R, than a "Bullit" dealer. Although if it was my money, I'd get a used Suzuki VanVan 125 for about the same money (or even less). Chinese bikes seem to be a decisive issue but I'd be happier (and IMO safer) riding a proven Japanese bike that's been around for a few years. I got the chance to ride my friends '09 VanVan and it seemed sturdy if a bit slow compared to the racier 125s. It was a bit rusty in places (the chrome bits) but the frame and important bits seemed well made.

Bullit Hunt S 125
https://www.nemc.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Bullit-125_1.jpg

Lexmoto XF125R
https://www.lexmoto.co.uk/gallery/XF125R/600/2.jpg

Pepi1967
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 19:21 - 12 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does look very similar Could even be the same bike. I have no idea. So many Chinese copies around now seems like there is a new one every day. It's hard to know what your buying hence the reason I asked here before parting with any cash. I'm more than a bit worried buying a Chinese bike as I've read so many horror stories about how bad they are.

Sable
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:06 - 12 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a half way point between a Sinnis Retrostar and a Trackstar. Never heard of the brand. Would not buy.

Not only is it an unheard of brand, but for the same money you can get a Sinnis Retrostar/Cafe/Scrambler and have access to a larger dealer network along with a bike that can take parts from the 125 and 250 models that are the same basic bike from the other brands, Mash, Mutt, HMC, Herald, Villiers, Lexmoto and other classic styled Chinese bikes.

As far as choosing between Sinnis, Mash, Mutt, HMC, Herald and Villers it comes down to dealer network size, price and look. The lexmoto use some cheaper components on an already cheap bike. Would not buy the Lexmoto, but would happily use odd spare parts from one.

toerag
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 21:29 - 12 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appears to be one for sale on the first link, in the results here.

Bullit appear to be a belgian outfit flogging chinese bike with hipster market appeal.

Nearer the bottom of this page is a map which displays Bullit dealers around the UK , as well as Europe.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 21:40 - 12 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd forget the "Bullit", that's just another no-name rebrander. Herald can sod off too, with their hipster-beard premiums. Maybe they upgrade a few bits, but when you start pushing prices towards "Japanese" branded money, you remove most of the benefit of a Chinese bike - that it's cheap.

The Lexmoto looks verrrrry similar to the Jinan Qingqi - sorry, the "Sinnis". Different seat, different front disc, placement of the rear indicators. But even the windings on the funky rear springs are the same.

It's £200 cheaper, which buys you a fair amount of spares.

Between the Sinnis and the Lexmoto, I'd be influenced by the tyre brand on each bike, and how close and friendly the dealer is.

Sable
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:51 - 12 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be worse Roger. Could be a brand new Francis Barnett.

https://francis-barnett.org/

Thinking

Sable
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:01 - 12 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ref the Lexmoto looking like the Sinnis. Possibly came from the Quingi factory. Parts look like they are from a Trackstar, like the passenger footpegs that lose the chrome off the ends. The bolts in the back of seat / mudguard are sort of like the Trackstars but not quite the double bolt the Trackstar had. Yet the grab bar is badly welded on, like my Trackstars, and further forward than the Retrostars.

From what I have seen on Facebook groups, Quingi like to rubber stamp the newer Retrostar frame and shape and send it around the world under 300 different names. Would they make a bike different for Lexmoto alone?

Its kinda like Lexmoto said to Quingi (or a cloning factory) "build that cheap bike but cheaper".

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 23:05 - 12 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sable wrote:

"Built in Coventry."

Laughing

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:04 - 13 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look like they all rolled off the Quingi line. They are all the same bike except for the switchgear, lights, seat, paint.

I would be amazed if they were made by different factories. They might be finished at different factories, but even then I'd be surprised.

On that basis, I'd go with whoever was my nearest dealer of either Lexmoto or Sinnis......actually, not totally true. I rather like the black valiant version.

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:06 - 13 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sable wrote:

Thinking

Is it me, or does that 250cc Falcon still have Sinnis stamped on the clutch cover?
Ever Onward This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:27 - 13 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Lexmoto starts XF it'll be off the Pioneer line. Subsidary of Qingqi.

bamt
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:30 - 13 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
Sable wrote:

Is it me, or does that 250cc Falcon still have Sinnis stamped on the clutch cover?

Yep. But to be fair it does say that they use the Sinnis bikes as their base, they aren't trying to hide it completely.

Pepi1967
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 10:20 - 13 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've shown the young un this thread and he's decided not to buy that bike after all. He agrees it's to much of a risk so he's going to look at a bike today called a derbi SM 4t cross city. £1200 with 2 years parts and labour. I've heard of derbi before I think they are a Spanish company and with the two years warranty he should be ok. But he's agreed not to buy it until we have found out as much info on the bike as we can first. If I hadn't of asked you guys we could have made a costly mistake so thank you to all who took the time to reply it's much appreciated

weasley
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:07 - 13 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Sable wrote:

"Built in Coventry."

Laughing

https://francis-barnett.org wrote:
Francis-Barnett
47 Stoneleigh Rd, Kenilworth, Warwickshire CV8 2GB

https://goo.gl/maps/z8PTmJRkXP72

Sable
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:54 - 13 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pepi1967 wrote:
a derbi SM 4t cross city.

I quite like Derbis. I lusted after the Terra Adventure when I was learning to ride but it was out of my price range.

I had a Rieju (spanish bike, shares derbis factory) and met a few derbi owners at the ace cafe. I always understood them to be great bikes but with Spanish electrics. Electrics not built for the UK. They can also have a long wait for parts.

Everyone with a derbi or rieju always seems very happy with their bikes though, including me, I'm happy I learned to ride on a rieju Smile

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:21 - 13 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it too much of a risk??

There's plenty of dealers around the UK, with equivalent bikes, Lexmoto, Sinnis, WK, Buillit, Herald to name but a few.

Personally, I'd go for colour/minor style differences, however, would probably avoid the 'premium' brands, such as Herald. As, even the tyres on chinese bikes are now no longer anything like as bad as they used to be.

By all accounts these 'retro' bikes, are generally well received, and don't appear to suffer particularly badly with faults.

However, I can't say for absolute certain, as I haven't owned one, however, I have owned, and still own a number of chinese bikes without any real issues at all.

I will say though, I have seen a Bullittt in the flesh, and the paint finsh was very impressive.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 21:51 - 13 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one thing I'd say about a Derbi SM is they are total thief magnets.

You'll be able to feel the covetous eyes on it as soon you wheel it into the garage (and DO keep it in a garage!).

Buy a fucking huge chain to go with it.

Sable
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:26 - 13 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:
Why is it too much of a risk?

Because not everybody has a grand and a half to plonk on an unknown bike.

For the most part you and I have had luck with them. Not everybody does.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:37 - 14 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Perhaps not, but, they are not that unknown now, at least not with a bit of research. Anyhow, I've learnt from experience, paying for a well known bike, does not necessarily guarantee how well a bike will behave/handle over time.

Take my Triumph America, I got caught out in the grit/snow with it once, due to travelling for work, it was cleaned off thoroughly afterwards, and yet still the lacquer on the forks, yolk etc crazed to buggery, and continued to do so, rigt up until I sold it ..

Also, on that bike, I had to take the wiring loom apart, as one of my indicators wouldn't work, which I traced to a broken connection within the loom. In the end, with the bike 4 years old, I ended up losing ~£3500 on the America when I sold it, so, wasn't overly impressed, even though I did like the bike in general.

Sable
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:49 - 14 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bullit are now a known brand? Could you direct me to the reviews of the bike?

Unbiased ones if possible.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:11 - 14 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
It only took a 5 minute search ..

The Bullit versions are the Pioneer/Shandong XF 125 R

Which makes it the same base bike as the Lexmoto Valiant

If I remember corerctly, Sinnis, HMC, Mash etc, use the Qingqi 125 for their base 125 retro models.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:12 - 14 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm, https://bullitmotorcycles.com is a mix-and-match of English and Klingon, and the top hit for "Bullit bikes" actually goes to a hipster pushbike site, https://larryvsharry.com/

If resale is a concern then I'd definitely stay away from "premium" niche brands.

People using a bike forum are atypical. We may be willing to seek out reviews of them, but I very much doubt that a typical Gumtree 125 buyer is going to value a Herald or Mutt any more than the cheapest equivalent Lexmoto model.

If you're buying a marked-up Chinese 125 from a website featuring a chap with facial cutlery banging on about heritage and rebel spirit then you're not getting your money back. Wink
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 105 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2