Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

legal green lanes essex

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

Cdb1991
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 13:02 - 13 Jan 2016    Post subject: legal green lanes essex Reply with quote

hi i know i few legal green lanes in essex but none of them are really that great , me and a pal want to try some slow and tecnical stuff like rock climbs n tree logs, really fancy trying some hill climbs but being essex theres not many great mountains or hill climbs as far as i know, does anyone know of any ? i know i said legal but if theres anything at all let me know Very Happy thanks in advance people
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:19 - 13 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

loads of great lanes in Essex, but none quite like what you describe, there are a few that are tricky to ride, but not in the way you want

better off looking to do Enduro pay and play days etc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:46 - 13 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you want is a van and a weekend in the Peak District. Rock steps aplenty.

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:49 - 13 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or join the trials club at Poleswood (opposite the secret nuclear bunker just outside Brentwood). Plenty of climbs, ditches and logs there.

You turn up, put your cash in the special box and just ride anywhere inside you want to. I had to go to hospital the last time I went there.

Cdb1991
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 22:35 - 13 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
loads of great lanes in Essex, but none quite like what you describe, there are a few that are tricky to ride, but not in the way you want

better off looking to do Enduro pay and play days etc

ahh where abouts are the decent ones, done a few in ongar but not that great they was ok though, and a few in dunton wich where terrible more for 4x4

Cdb1991
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 22:37 - 13 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

yen_powell wrote:
What you want is a van and a weekend in the Peak District. Rock steps aplenty.

yeah peak districts defiantly on my to do list, as for the one near the seceret nuclear bunker i never knew that was there but thats defo sumthink I'm going to research , possibly go there within next couple weekends if it snows Razz

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:56 - 14 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my only picture from Poleswood and my old cronky XL250, this is the car parking area. Got no pictures of it further into the wood and no online pictures from Derbyshire at all.
https://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b165/yen_powell/old%20pics/P1060106.jpg

Cdb1991
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 14:18 - 14 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

just had a quick look through looks great fun but seems to be only trials bikes, do they let mx bikes on there, i imagine they would do from your pic, looks kool though

Cdb1991
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 18:28 - 14 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

spoke to a freind of mine he said you cant take mx bikes over there, he went there once when it was shut and said the owner moved him on pretty sharpish

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:00 - 14 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cdb1991 wrote:
spoke to a freind of mine he said you cant take mx bikes over there, he went there once when it was shut and said the owner moved him on pretty sharpish
He allowed road legal bikes when I was there years ago, so trail bikes were okay then.

Maybe he had trouble and decided not to let them in any more. I moved away so not been there for ages.

You could pop through the tunnel into Kent. I found there that east/ west green lanes were flat chalky and rutted, north/south were usually up hills. Oldbury Hill has got a single set of rock steps that are each about 2 foot high, I only managed that one downhill and had to have a lie down afterwards from the fear.

Cdb1991
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 21:24 - 14 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

yen_powell wrote:
Cdb1991 wrote:
He allowed road legal bikes when I was there years ago, so trail bikes were okay then.

Maybe he had trouble and decided not to let them in any more. I moved away so not been there for ages.

You could pop through the tunnel into Kent. I found there that east/ west green lanes were flat chalky and rutted, north/south were usually up hills. Oldbury Hill has got a single set of rock steps that are each about 2 foot high, I only managed that one downhill and had to have a lie down afterwards from the fear.

hes bike is road legal he got moved on because he went there on a day when it was shut so thats why he got kicked off but i might give them a ring tomorrow, the oldbury place seems pretty kool how far roughly is it from the tunnel ?

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:58 - 15 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

15 miles, 30 minutes according to GSV. I used to link it with other lanes in the area so had already done a few before getting to it. It's near Ightham, you'll need a decent map.

Fizzer Thou
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:50 - 15 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the OP was a member of the TRF then there would always be a welcome from other groups around the country and many people from around the south-east have enjoyed a day out with the Kent group.

As for Oldbury Lane,this has changed quite a bit over the years.The Eastern end Roman Agger is still very slippery with bare chalk and mud,but a lot easier going down than up Wink

https://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv23/WiNot_Rhencullen/Dirt%20bikes/Localride3.jpg

Always have a 'Plan B'

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:50 - 15 Jan 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah it's the TRF I ride into Essex with,

we go under the M11 to Newport and beyond
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 100 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1