Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

ACTIVATE! 8pm - BBC2

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:03 - 30 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snod Blatter wrote:
Also, bloody Carbide Sleeping

Gabriel was epic though.

https://i.imgur.com/YlSztay.jpg?1

On that, giggles abounded at the Arena Sheriffs sperging out and trying to stop the fight by fiat.

TbirdX
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 11:09 - 30 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't overly taken with the ginger one up close. I can confirm she doesn't smell of piss tough.

Carbide looking unstoppable again.

colink98
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 12:38 - 30 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant seem to find any info on when Battle bots is back on the TV.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:07 - 31 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a little disappointed that Gabriel didn't win, it was a good design, but not good enough. If flails/entaglement have only just been allowed, maybe they will get better, haven't had enough time to learn and improve them. The wheels on Garbriel I assume are easily replaced, so it's no big thing to get them damaged of they still work.

I think that vertical spinners will be eventually banned or nerfed, due to increasing damage to arena. Hope not.

I ffwd through most of it and just watched the fights.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:34 - 31 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gabriel's never going to win, but that's not why it's there. It's to be as difficult as possible to win against. It does a splendid job of that, and I'm glad it's there to throw monsters like Carbide a googly.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:46 - 31 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

they can win though, but it needs a dose of luck with a side order of bad driving
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:54 - 31 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
they can win though, but it needs a dose of luck with a side order of bad driving

They need sympathetic judges, which has been the trend towards kids with badly put together robots (by 'quirky' dad).

Gutted another flipper went out, they're more entertaining than spinners IMO.

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:02 - 31 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
thx1138 wrote:

They need sympathetic judges, which has been the trend towards kids with badly put together robots (by 'quirky' dad).

Gutted another flipper went out, they're more entertaining than spinners IMO.

Just think of the potential 10 way battle though, that could well be carnage

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:19 - 31 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to that most of all.

Also, I want to see someone hurt a house robot on purpose, not seen that for a while.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:27 - 31 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who was it who went after the house robots and caused utter carnage, flipping them over?

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:30 - 31 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Who was it who went after the house robots and caused utter carnage, flipping them over?

Was it Apollo, on the first series of the reboot, over Xmas last year (or was it the year before that)

EDIT:

Yes it was Apollo i was thinking of

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/4dZLJg6fFX8ktrMltnxPPZ3/david-vs-goliath-s-how-apollo-flipped-the-house-robots

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:06 - 31 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

That Behemoth decision last year was worth it just for Spergy McGrump's rage-flounce though. Whistle

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:11 - 31 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
M.C wrote:

That Behemoth decision last year was worth it just for Spergy McGrump's rage-flounce though. Whistle

I felt a bit sorry for him that he was pissed off at his own team, and it got turned into a sore loser thing.

Oh well Laughing

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:46 - 31 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im a bit meh about it tbh. Some robots seem to get in and just.. do nothing... i mean what a waste of time cluster bots are. Gemini was inventive but useless back in the day... now whats the point in 4 tiny robots getting no impact done..

I am also liking the idea of spinner jammers, though why gabriel didnt use some sort of metallic string rather than plastic is that maybe not allowed?

+1 also to the house robots being a bit shit. shunt used to cause havoc, the cpz's are a bit of a waste.

Maybe not enough people are making good robots, it is an expesive hobby after all... Im glad apollo got knocked down they were a bit smug tbh, even if it is at the expense of the sore loser.

I'd love to see another Razer or something similar, but the bar spinners which can take a considerable hit are hard to beat - the only way to beat them is some sort of high impact counter offensive weapon, whereby the bar hits it and the impact shocks the robots (or some spinner jammer).

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 18:33 - 31 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

AshWebster wrote:
now whats the point in 4 tiny robots getting no impact done..

Because you need to kill three out of four to get a guaranteed win, and simply wearing (or burning) out something like Carbide that's designed to quickly wreck a couple of big targets is a valid strategy. Their victory over Gabriel nearly turned out to by Pyrrhic.

Perhaps not a great spectacle, but with a bit of development someone might actually make it work and pull off an upset on control and aggression.

AshWebster wrote:
I'd love to see another Razer or something similar

Eh, a simple robot for a simpler time, when it could prey on soft, slow, lumbering boxes. I doubt that it would get a bite on anything now.

Note that Big "Nipper" debuted as a gripper, but it's now just another vertical spinner.

I like to see evolution, even when it goes off down a dead end.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:49 - 31 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If clusters are allowed physical tethers, that could work to stop a spinner. 2 tied together goading, 2 loose hassling. Might just work.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:25 - 31 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

AshWebster wrote:
Maybe not enough people are making good robots, it is an expesive hobby after all... Im glad apollo got knocked down they were a bit smug tbh, even if it is at the expense of the sore loser.

Watch battlebots. The carbide guys went over there (with a different robot) and barely made an impact.

Rogerborg wrote:

AshWebster wrote:
I'd love to see another Razer or something similar

Eh, a simple robot for a simpler time, when it could prey on soft, slow, lumbering boxes. I doubt that it would get a bite on anything now.

Note that Big "Nipper" debuted as a gripper, but it's now just another vertical spinner.

I like to see evolution, even when it goes off down a dead end.

Didn't they come back with the new series, and promptly drove into the pit so not to damage their precious antique Laughing

Rogue_Shadow
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:16 - 01 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

AshWebster wrote:
some sort of high impact counter offensive weapon, whereby the bar hits it and the impact shocks the robots (or some spinner jammer).

Firestorm or Tornado would be great for this.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/robotwars/images/b/b6/Firestorm_5.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/310?cb=20170524222055
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/79/8f/87/798f8716092585ff3db94e2f0ffea21d.jpg
Full speed ahead!

Your right though, the only true counter to a powerful spinner is a re-enforced robot with ALOT of traction & weight to absorb the hits.
Force the spinner into mechanical failure then just push them about.

Reversible, low ground clearance and either speed to ram or weight to push Thumbs Up

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:57 - 01 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe a walker? They are allowed to be heavier

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 14:40 - 06 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else watch this weekends?

That fucking spinning weapon of death. Laughing

All in all, Rapid team are fucking jumped up 'anyone who can beat us can work for us' go fuck yourself Laughing

All in all, fantastic, I want to build one now Sad

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:56 - 06 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it, it was good. Thumbs Up

I should imagine there will be some rule changes, and some re-enforcements to the arena for next year, the battering that it's taking., Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:00 - 06 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
That fucking spinning weapon of death. Laughing

I thought this had been established before on Robot wars, too big and you shake yourself to bits shame it didn't hit Dara

Paddy. wrote:
All in all, Rapid team are fucking jumped up 'anyone who can beat us can work for us' go fuck yourself Laughing

Yeah Artie Ziff's really annoying.

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:26 - 06 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Paddy. wrote:

Yeah Artie Ziff's really annoying.

I laughed so hard last year when that cocky little cock womble had to pull out because he built the most over engineered/complicated robot know to man, then even he couldn't fix it

But yeah, that spinning blade of death was pretty spectacular, i did wonder how much testing they had done on that thing though when i first saw it revealed.................... obviously they had done absolutely zero

Who would build such a thing and not even test it, i mean, buy a broken washing machine, and use said robot to smash it to bits, who wouldn't do that with their freshly built bot, i know i would

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:28 - 06 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably for the best that they didn't test it at home, I don't suppose many people have a "bullet proof" arena at home to play in.

The nut that held the spinner on seemed to come off, silly way to go really, seems a simple split pin might have saved them from self destruction!

Snod Blatter
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 21:37 - 06 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heart-in-mouth hoping Terrorhurtz might win. Never mind, maybe next year..
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 165 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 9 of 14