Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Junior Doctors strike?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49
View previous topic : View next topic  

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:02 - 13 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

A&E's biggest problem is pussies. Wanking little faggit pussies who run screaming to A&E for a couple of stitches or an xray for a stubbed toe. My son has a very fetching scar in his eyebrow after falling on a tent-peg, another on his lip after falling onto the edge of a bench. The other mothers were not impressed when I ignored their frantic screams to call for an wahmbulance in the first case. Even less impressed with my clearly expressed contempt. And I've genuinely lost count of how many times I've signed myself out of hospital (last one with a broken sternum and wouldn't take a bed in the ward, caught a taxi home instead).

No, it's not 'hard' or big and clever, it's the default fucking normalcy and if more people practiced it the NHS' crisis would be less of a crisis and more of a bit of a problem.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 10:20 - 13 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:
A&E's biggest problem is pussies.

Pussies.

Stupid stupid pussies who can't think for themselves, haven't got a clue about basic first aid and surround themselves with other pussies meaning that they all reinforce each others uselessness whilst raising their kids to not think for themselves or to be able to take a bit of responsibility instead of needing someone else to do it for them.

Facebook #stayathomemum circle jerk groups only make the problem worse.

It'd be good if the NHS could send people who've arrived at a&e and once triaged to either the real waiting room for those who need to see a doctor or the waiting room where first aid is being taught to help avoid people going unnecessarily presenting at a&e.

Something needs to change.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:27 - 13 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

I think something already has Shocked .

Hetzer wrote:
The other mothers were not impressed

I fucking am, you're a medical marvel. Thumbs Up

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:35 - 13 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

It probably is a mother problem. A spring snapped on our trampoline and whacked young Master Borg on the bonce. Scalp wound, so blood. I told him to rub some dirt on it and walk it off, Mrs Borg threw him in the Mummy Bus and rushed to A&E because what if concussion-fracture-death.

I thought of tying her to the bed, but it wasn't a Friday.

I'd feel bad about it, but then again, I pay taxes.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:43 - 13 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Hetzer wrote:
A&E's biggest problem is pussies.

Pussies.

Most patients we take into A&E don't need to be there.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:01 - 13 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Ste wrote:

I think something already has Shocked .

Hetzer wrote:
The other mothers were not impressed

I fucking am, you're a medical marvel. Thumbs Up

The comparison was with my missus, who demurred not.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:18 - 13 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

More a&e ranting... you overhear people being asked how much pain they're in on a scale of one to ten.

Ten ten ten!!!! One hundred!!!!

Bawwwwwwwwwwwwww babies. Wimps. Pussies. Rolling Eyes

Okay data protection patient confidentially would never allow it but if they had screens in the waiting room showing the rough order of the queue then those who shouldn't be there in the first place would get an idea of what a&e is actually for and why they're being left waiting for hours.

Sure, other people being more severely injured doesn't make your own injury any less painful or severe but it would open peoples eyes about what "accident and emergency" really means.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:39 - 13 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
it would open peoples eyes about what "accident and emergency" really means.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-MWPt-ECqhSo/TsQTZNMah3I/AAAAAAAAAA4/WtL38nRgmW0/s1600/rsz_3.jpg

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:42 - 13 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziAeYl7TzZI

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 11:43 - 13 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

It isn't just patients who need training in what needs treatment or what doesn't, some Dr's do as well. Two incidents spring to mind in my life.

I hit a bad pothole and came off, had some pain my chest. After 10 days I was struggling to breathe so dropped into A+E at the Royal London. The head of A+E was there traing 2 junior Dr's, he asked what was up, said I suspected I had broken a few ribs, just wanted checking as if I had I would take it easy. Quick examination, he confirmed 6+ breaks, didn't bother with an xray and told me to come back if it got really bad as there was risk of lung infection and to not bother with my GP as if it got bad enough for me to come back they would probably just admit me. Two junior Dr's couldn't believe that I didn't want an xray just a check and the head of A+E didn't insist on one.

Second incident was when I shattered my left thumb. Had it strapped for 48 hours and then nothing. Went back for a check after 2 weeks and one of the Dr's had an apoplectic fit, couldn't believe I wasn't in plaster. In fact he only shut up when another Dr pointed out that I had full movement and wasn't really bothered about being in plaster. Another quick check at 6 weeks and that was it.

Some Dr's need to realise that some people genuinely need more help than others and that some need to MTFU, that some only need the minimal tempered with good sense. Some people need to realise that the NHS isn't there to rub there knee better when they bruise it and some people need to be told that they are wasting the NHS's time.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:58 - 13 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently if the attending physician shares ethnicity with the patient the ailment will likely be taken more seriously,
as will any provision of relief for patient described levels of pain/discomfort.

Racist NHS is Racist. Laughing

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:57 - 13 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

Stupid stupid pussies who can't think for themselves, haven't got a clue about basic first aid and surround themselves with other pussies meaning that they all reinforce each others uselessness whilst raising their kids to not think for themselves or to be able to take a bit of responsibility instead of needing someone else to do it for them.

Perhaps a sensible solution would be to teach children first aid in schools as part of the national curriculum.

It would be more use to them than BS like religions studies

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:00 - 13 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

But religious studies was fun. It was a total doss and you could almost get away with anything.

I'm a first aider, fully qualified in aquatic first aid. Thumbs Up

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:21 - 13 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

duhawkz wrote:

Perhaps a sensible solution would be to teach children first aid in schools as part of the national curriculum.

It would be more use to them than BS like religions studies

Also to re-allow proper rough and tumble in sports etc, instead of the weird H&S soft-touch special little petal stuff we hear about these days.

Might make kids grow up to better understand pain, recovery and general self-awareness.

I wonder if school playgrounds are even allowed to contain stinging nettles without risk of being sued these days.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:58 - 28 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Justice Green, in full possession of all the provable facts, rules: new contract is fine, quit your bawwing.

Sad times, I guess they'll all be off to New Zealand and Australia. You know, on principle. Crying or Very sad

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:04 - 28 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Zealand and Australia will soon need to have stricter immigration controls due to the influx of Scotch sore losers , bremainer sore losers and butthurt junior doctors Mr. Green
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 1 year, 98 days between these two posts...

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:47 - 04 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
New Zealand and Australia will soon need to have stricter immigration controls due to the influx of Scotch sore losers , bremainer sore losers and butthurt junior doctors Mr. Green

Yes, about that.

X-posted from the Brexit thread.

https://i.imgur.com/KdaKtrN.jpg

But, but, things are just awful. The BBC told me so, they had a "staff nurse" on to tell me how bad it i- aaaaaand she's a Marxist activist.

https://i0.wp.com/order-order.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/tiplady.png?w=540&ssl=1

Well, OK, but Channel 4 had a lovely, lovely junior doctor on, blubbing that it was just terriba- aaaaaand he's a Marxist activist.

2016: Totes going to quit the NHS.

2015: Totes going to quit the NHS.

2011: Actually did quit the NHS, fvcked off to Australia, but they kicked the whinging Pom out after just a year and he crawled back.

So, do please tell us yet again why the NHS is so intolerable, but you just can't bear to leave it.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:02 - 04 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
So, do please tell us yet again why the NHS is so intolerable, but you just can't bear to leave it.

It's pretty simple and much like other professions.

As a doctor you've always got a bit more training to do until you're fully qualified. 3-4 years med school, then a couple years foundation training then 10+ years potentially to train in your speciality.

The other half wants to be an ENT surgeon. She's just about finishing her F2 now, it will take at least another 7 years for her to finish her training as a surgeon, some people stick at it until they finish the training. I'm wondering if we should stay together at this rate tbh.

Once that's done THEN you can go into full gouge mode.

It's similar in other professions, accountancy I loathed it but I stuck at it until I got my yellow card and membership. I then did the minimum required to get my fellowship. My cousins loathed architecture and stayed in until they qualified.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:13 - 04 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
It's pretty simple

And yet, this chap did bolt for greener pastures, apparently realised that the NHS wasn't so bad after all, but now he apparently can't stop carping on about it, while not following through on his repeated threats to leave again.

So, should we believe what he says, or believe what he's done?

Seems pretty simple.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:05 - 04 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Ste wrote:

Yes, about that.

X-posted from the Brexit thread.

https://i.imgur.com/KdaKtrN.jpg

But, but, things are just awful. The BBC told me so, they had a "staff nurse" on to tell me how bad it i- aaaaaand she's a Marxist activist.

https://i0.wp.com/order-order.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/tiplady.png?w=540&ssl=1

Well, OK, but Channel 4 had a lovely, lovely junior doctor on, blubbing that it was just terriba- aaaaaand he's a Marxist activist.

2016: Totes going to quit the NHS.

2015: Totes going to quit the NHS.

2011: Actually did quit the NHS, fvcked off to Australia, but they kicked the whinging Pom out after just a year and he crawled back.

Them figures have gone up, but have they gone up to match the increase in population?Mr. Green

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 18:46 - 05 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
Them figures have gone up, but have they gone up to match the increase in population?Mr. Green

I'm sure they're sufficient for the official ONS estimates.

You know, the ones based on voluntary dip samples of incoming "vistors" asking them how long they plan to stay, and whether they're health and benefits tourists or not.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 102 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49
Page 49 of 49