Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Belgium and more - Loads More Piccies!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:51 - 20 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to get a Hi Viz, a Euro badge and whatever other crap I need to ride over there legally. Fingers crossed for the MOT tomorrow otherwise I'll have to buy another bike, too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:58 - 20 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
I need to get a Hi Viz, a Euro badge and whatever other crap I need to ride over there legally. Fingers crossed for the MOT tomorrow otherwise I'll have to buy another bike, too.

You thinking the bike might fail on anything?
Still a few more days, hope you're resting.
I've got a spare Euro no. plate badge now you can have, I'll bring it.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:03 - 20 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mate. That's a great help.

Yeah still resting, apart from taking the bike over to test tomorrow - I think I'll be OK, but it's touch and go.

I don't think it'll fail on anything, it's fairly sturdy, but if it does even if it's something stupid it ain't getting fixed for Friday morning, so I'll have to go straight to a showroom and buy something. Lolz.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:53 - 21 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I got to the MOT station. I hurt though - but not as bad as I expected. Let's hope it passes now.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:05 - 21 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's either passed with the sum total a brake and throttle check and a quick bounce, or it was so bad he's given up testing the rest of it. But he's sitting in his little hut going at the PC so I'm assuming it's either a failure or pass certificate I'm getting next - but the wheel bearings, fork seals, brake pads and the like aren't going to get an eyeball. Laughing

Quality MOT centre this.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:55 - 21 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well......??

What bike are you buying? Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:03 - 21 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

It passed. Is it wrong I'm disappointed Laughing

I passed too, but it was hard. And I sucked at riding. I'll be bringing up the rear for sure!

But it looks like I'm gonna make it!

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:07 - 21 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
I'll be bringing up the rear for sure!

You'll be competing for that position with Matt, if his bike falls apart anymore, or Pigeon, if his homemade chain oiler turns into a gusher, or Neil if his Fazer decides it wasn't designed for carrying the weight of a small planet Laughing

-Matt-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:28 - 21 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear it passed mate Thumbs Up.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:38 - 21 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust me, I'm really slow at the moment Laughing realised when I got the MOT I've done less than 600 miles this year. Ridiculous.

Cheers guys. Really looking forward to it. Bought a few bits n bobs from Infinity including a US30 Kreiga which should make things a bit easier. Might not even take my panniers - never know!

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:37 - 22 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full test packing session carried out, with everything I'm actually taking:

https://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b550/nicknicklxs/DSCN3755_zpscxsxzgrv.jpg

https://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b550/nicknicklxs/DSCN3757_zpsz1ikcq0o.jpg

After this, I added the Euro/GB sticker to the no. plate (BCF one of course Mr. Green ), and replaced a split no. plate nut I fortuitously discovered in time.

I have also packed a cargo net and some bungees, just in case - old habits die hard Laughing

Now I is PROPER ready!

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:45 - 22 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Test fitted the Kriega today - couldn't think of anything to stuff in the bag for the purposes of the trial so I filled it with air instead Laughing

https://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk301/arryR32/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0412_zpsb4jdl9p0.jpg

Seems to work alright, so that's me sorted luggage wise I think. I'm going to stick this one on first, with the Kriega inside it, and then offload everything I don't want to take during the day and pack up the Kriega instead which is a lot easier to stick on / off the bike.

https://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk301/arryR32/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140729_165049_zps43d8ac23.jpg

Obviously without the tent underneath it as not required Laughing.

Hopefully won't have to use the panniers - although I'm thinking Chickenstrip how big are those Euro stickers? I don't appear to have a lot of space for one..... If it won't fit the numberplate then I'll have to stick it on a pannier.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:18 - 22 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Chickenstrip how big are those Euro stickers? I don't appear to have a lot of space for one..... If it won't fit the numberplate then I'll have to stick it on a pannier.

The spare one I have is 85mm height, 33mm width. The BCF (Inspired Gifts) one is smaller, about 75mm height, 25ish width iirc, but don't have one of those spare alas.

-Matt-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:35 - 22 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bikes completely ready now - by some miracle. Changed the oil and filter today and have done a good 120 miles on it the last few days since fixing all the other bits to give it a good run and it all seems okay; fingers crossed it stays that way Laughing.

Just got to call the bank and insurance tomorrow then pack my Kriega and i'll be good to go Smile.

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:37 - 22 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Trust me, I'm really slow at the moment Laughing realised when I got the MOT I've done less than 600 miles this year. Ridiculous.

To be fair, the weather has been pretty crap in 2016 so far (at least the weekends have here).
I wouldn't worry about speed, I'm usually blocking Matt's view at the back Smile

In fact, it's Mr Strip who usually sets the unattainable pace, and he's leading with a new set of PR4's....I think we are in trouble Laughing

I think everyone is, mostly, on the trip to actually see stuff rather than just a tunnel vision blur of colour and noise..... at least until I've offloaded some weight at the Hotel Smile

I've got a GPS in my phone in case we get split.
Have brought a few spanners and allen keys.
Have packed a compressor, puncture repair kit, as well as the usual cable ties, bungees, cargo net, insulation tape, cheapo leatherman, fuses, self-amalgamating tape, bulbs, batteries, torch, seal-mate, first-aid kit, snacks & water.

Checked / Adjusted:
Coolant
Chain
Engine oil
Tyres

Swapped my 8x6 plate for a 9x7 Euro

Glued the front mudguard back together (again) after cracking it (again) with a disc lock. Have now put a sock on my bar grip to remind me.

Fitted one of those throttle wrist-rest thingies.

Loaded the bike with everything. Fits perfectly with ease.

Nearly got all my docs (need to print a couple at work) and tell the bank.

Have not cleaned my bike. Don't want to jinx the weather Smile

Was down at my parents place, scanned a few WW2 photo's from my grandparents. Got a few pics of Churchill and Monty too, but google has revealed that these are probably press photo's.

Really looking forward to the trip and saying hello Very Happy

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:58 - 22 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not planning on making this a hooning trip. As you say, this is a touring trip to see stuff, not a race to get through it as quick as we can Smile

Jeez, I haven't even sorted a puncture repair kit! I know what i'm doing tomorrow then Rolling Eyes

And for gawd's sake, no more talk about the bleedin' weather!! Just go prepared! Laughing

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:27 - 22 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

And for gawd's sake, no more talk about the bleedin' weather!! Just go prepared! Laughing

I have the Factor 30 packed Cool

Last edited by Pigeon on 22:36 - 22 May 2016; edited 2 times in total

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:30 - 22 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

I have the Factor 30 packed Cool

Aqualung Shifty

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:36 - 22 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we all just meeting at Folkestone, or ....?

I will be probably be leaving 7am and going A3, M25, M20.
Should get there around 9am, with an hour in hand just in case.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:39 - 22 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
Are we all just meeting at Folkestone, or ....?

I will be probably be leaving 7am and going A3, M25, M20.
Should get there around 9am, with an hour in hand just in case.

Er, dunno. Never used the chunnel before, I take it there's somewhere logical we can all meet up before heading to book-in? Me and Neil will be leaving from his place in Northfleet on the day, so I guess we'll be M20.

-Matt-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:44 - 22 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can meet in the carpark of the waiting/services sort of area after you go through the first ticket booth things Thumbs Up. I'll be going m3-m25, will allow at least an hour spare too. Meant to be one of the busiest days of the year at the tunnel according to an email they sent out Rolling Eyes.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:50 - 22 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'd rather be waiting around too long than miss the booking because the traffic was heavy. Will definitely look to get there early.

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:53 - 22 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Splendid. Well, if you see a fat bloke on a Striple with a bright yellow Lomo dry bag, massive top-box with giant cock-rings and a flailing hi-viz......get in front before I hose you down with chain lube Very Happy

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:55 - 22 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
Splendid. Well, if you see a fat bloke on a Striple with a bright yellow Lomo dry bag, massive top-box with giant cock-rings and a flailing hi-viz......get in front before I hose you down with chain lube Very Happy

Don't know if I'm scared or aroused Confused

-Matt-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:56 - 22 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last one there is a loser etc Wink.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 311 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9