Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Belgium and more - Loads More Piccies!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

jimspeed
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:29 - 23 Mar 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully I'll be back up to strength by then.. I should be back at work by then tho wonder if it's a bit cheeky to take time off after 18 mts of sick leave lol..
Hyosung cruise 125(passed test on, sold) Kawasaki el 252 (better than expected but sold on) Kawasaki GPZ500S first "big"bike.(sold) ZZR600 E5..Z750 2007,ER5, currently on a 2008 Enfield bullet electra x and loving it..
,"Alpha-9: Is there any correlation between dyno rod and dyno kits?"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

jimspeed
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:30 - 23 Mar 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully I'll be back up to strength by then.. I should be back at work by then tho wonder if it's a bit cheeky to take time off after 18 mts of sick leave lol..
Hyosung cruise 125(passed test on, sold) Kawasaki el 252 (better than expected but sold on) Kawasaki GPZ500S first "big"bike.(sold) ZZR600 E5..Z750 2007,ER5, currently on a 2008 Enfield bullet electra x and loving it..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Silver_Fox
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:37 - 23 Mar 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

18 months of sick leave? Were you pregnant? Laughing

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:45 - 23 Mar 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver_Fox wrote:
18 months of sick leave? Were you pregnant? Laughing

Twice?

jimspeed
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:28 - 23 Mar 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing not quite.. had cancer and couldn't do my job while on the chemo..getting better again now tho. Cool

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:55 - 26 Mar 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimspeed wrote:
Laughing not quite.. had cancer and couldn't do my job while on the chemo..getting better again now tho. Cool

Couldn't do your job whilst having chemotherapy? What are you a man or a mouse?! Shocked

Bloody hell mate. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Actually got out on the bike yesterday! 100 miles. Not too bad on the shoulder although aching a bit this morning. More to do, to get ready.....

https://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk301/arryR32/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0360_zpszaqwnbfl.jpg

jimspeed
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:03 - 26 Mar 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha a mouse....no not really they banned me because of the infection risk (mechanic) currently weak as a kitten and I've bought a valarado 125 to get me back into it lol the z750 is too easy to speed on lol.

slimwilly
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 22:38 - 25 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warning !!!! do not get in a tent with chicken strip

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:01 - 25 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pass the popcorn
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:03 - 26 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not long to go now!

Need to think about what to pack. Oh, and MOT the bike. Nothing major Laughing

-Matt-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:47 - 26 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Not long to go now!

Need to think about what to pack. Oh, and MOT the bike. Nothing major Laughing
Don't worry, i'm even less prepared currently Laughing.

Have a rather large list of things to fix to make sure the bike doesn't horrifically break soon.

Weeks left ShiftyThumbs Up.

Northern Monkey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:58 - 26 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just been over for a few days but with the car, rather than the bike.

Make sure Bruges is on your list of places to visit.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:50 - 26 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

slimwilly wrote:

Shit, he found me! Can I get a restraining order for this one ^? Laughing

I keep thinking there must be something else I should do to prepare for this; health insurance, travel insurance, breakdown recovery, sat. nav., new phone...but can't be bothered. How effective is a wing an' a prayer these days? Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

-Matt-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:55 - 26 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

EHIC if you haven't got one is worth having.
https://www.ehic.org.uk/Internet/startApplication.do

Travel insurance you can get for about a fiver to cover most basic stuff - worth it for cancellation cover more than anything in my opinion, even after you knock any excesses off some policies. I let my bike insurance know when/where i'm going as well. Not sure if you have to do that legally, but it requests it so i've always tended to.

If you're planning on using your cards over there too check with your bank what the fee's are like (my debit card for example is £1.50 per purchase + 2.75% transaction fee Shocked) and inform them when you're going; some banks will freeze the cards if they're unexpectedly used abroad.

I tend to try and use cash mostly now but a lot of the French petrol stations in particular seem to be un-manned so a card comes in handy quite often.

And a non-expired passport would be useful Mr. Green.

Northern Monkey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:02 - 26 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Matt- wrote:

If you're planning on using your cards over there too check with your bank what the fee's are like (my debit card for example is £1.50 per purchase + 2.75% transaction fee Shocked) and inform them when you're going; some banks will freeze the cards if they're unexpectedly used abroad.

Barclaycard Platinum have a not too bad exchange rate and no minimum. Useful for buying cheap stuff like a fuel

slimwilly
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:05 - 26 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
slimwilly wrote:

Shit, he found me! Can I get a restraining order for this one ^? Laughing

I keep thinking there must be something else I should do to prepare for this; health insurance, travel insurance, breakdown recovery, sat. nav., new phone...but can't be bothered. How effective is a wing an' a prayer these days? Laughing

Just you EU health card, free from wherever,,post office..the only time we were going to get stuck was MONEY,,so two cards and a stash of cash
I got a post office Euro card,,,debit card, put a few hundred on it and the fuel ,tolls if any,,etc are easy,,

Efes123
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:01 - 26 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you guys going to Italy get down to Umbria, give me a shout. I'm hoping to have my bike back on the road by then Thumbs Up

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:38 - 04 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm now under some serious pressure. Not only have I still got my shoulder injury I've managed to separate a rib cartilage!!

How's your luck eh.

Bike has to go for MOT before we leave and I'm not likely to be able to do it this weekend for sure and I'm going to struggle to do the week after too.

Wow - timing is everything.

-Matt-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:40 - 05 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully you can get it all sorted in time Thumbs Up.

I'm not in much of a better state in terms of being prepared either at the moment. My bike is currently in many pieces 30 miles away while I gather up parts I need to get it all put back together in working order Laughing.

Should be fixed in time, hopefully, if nothing unexpectedly snaps or explodes in the next couple weeks Shifty.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:19 - 05 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha we're both going to be winging this one!

Need to work out what I need to take, too. I mean lawfully, so to speak

-Matt-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:41 - 05 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually just carry my passport, driving license, V5, MOT and a print out of my insurance certificate.

I'll have a few spare bulbs with me people can pinch if needed too, (having forgot them last time and had both my headlights die Rolling Eyes).

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:18 - 06 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Matt- wrote:
had both my headlights die Rolling Eyes).

I'm really starting to get a bit worried now Matt Laughing

Hope you can make it arry. I've almost built up enough of a stash of painkillers now, you won't be alone if you're a bit sore!
Me and me mate will be totally winging it after the Belgium bit cos we can't be arsed to plan it all. Should be fun Neutral

Think I've got everything sorted now, just need to actually go Very Happy
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Ali in Austria
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 10:39 - 06 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit late to the party and no idea what accommodation you are using but in Bastogne The Best Western Melba is around 100m from the central square and has Tea & Coffee making facilities in the rooms just to ease you in to the start of a day (Rare in Mainland Europe). The Hotel Colin in the square itself is very noisy: Night Club next door.

For those heading to The Alps, some ideas for you: https://drive.google.com/open?id=16Y3UvpUSosUFKqPEfzNNlkqO4kU&usp=sharing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ed Case
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:05 - 06 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

No country does 'drabness' with such pizzazz as Belgium !.

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:08 - 06 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Striple is mostly ready. Have modified the luggage a bit and fitted a Euro plate.
Just fitted a loobman which I've tweaked to become automatic.
Came down this morning to find she'd got overly excited in anticipation over an A4 area of the garage floor. Needs slight adjustment, will test Sunday.

Striple is going to Santa Pod next weekend, so depending how that goes, might see you all on my SV Smile

I even bought the book you recommended Nick about a month or two ago......only read 10 pages so far. Think I've killed too many brain cells over the last few years.

Have also procured a new lid (mines 5 years old and I couldn't stomach another £60 to replace a scratched visor). Got a good deal from a local shop which was nice. Bought a more sporty oriented lid, and apart from 2 annoying failings, it's more suited to touring than my Shoei Quest as it turns out.

Also bought a keenly priced textile jacket, my first one. Quite impressed with it really given it's 1/3 of the cost that my leather jacket was 5 years ago......that said, my leather jacket is one of the family, no replacing that.

Ehh, yeah, so now i'm broke again Smile

Breathalyser
Bike Insurance Cert
Driving License (photocard, do we need the paper bit?)
GB Sticker (or EU marked plate)
Spare bulbs
HiViz
MOT
Passport
Reflective stickers on lid (no chance!)
Travel Insurance (free with bank account)
V5
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 346 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9