Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

2016 AJP PR5 250 Enduro -worth it?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

Snowdonia Rider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:19 - 04 Mar 2016    Post subject: 2016 AJP PR5 250 Enduro -worth it? Reply with quote

Been looking at one of these, more able and rugged (and lighter!!) than say a CRF250L or KLX250 but still the same price. Would I be disappointed with one of these? Are they reliable? Can't say I've heard any disaster stories. Also been looking at the GasGas EC250 Cami as a rugged trailie, but again lack of info. Any opinions/thoughts guys?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:29 - 04 Mar 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly? I looked at those too, but went w/ the klx. I know a guy in my TRF w/ the AJP and yeah sure there's not much wrong with it. Is it a reincarnation of the old Honda XL250 air cooled job, but with electric start not just kick? Something like that, iirc. Put next to each other the KLX looks like the better bike, imo - the finish on the klx is actually pretty damn good, for one thing. Okay yeah it's got very little power, and what it does have is delivered very predictably - but that's a low tuned 4t 250 for ya, and the AJP and GasGas aren't going to be much different. Also, haven't GasGas gone bump now - spares might get more difficult to source. Anyway, if you're looking for reliable, obedient and relatively robust, there's not much wrong with the KLX at all. I've put about 3k on mine now, 50%+ off road and it's a pretty happy bike. I like the suspension a lot.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

Snowdonia Rider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:41 - 04 Mar 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yeah I'm sure I recall something about GasGas going now that you've mentioned it. I test rode a KL250 a while back and I have to say I was quite impressed, but that was road only with Distanzias.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Snowdonia Rider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:29 - 02 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update lol. I went with an EXC250 in the end!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 18 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1