 Jimmie_20002003 L Plate Warrior
Joined: 26 Oct 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 15:55 - 17 Apr 2006 Post subject: Help needed, as I want to get back on a bike. |
 |
|
I past my DAS in December last year and brought a Yzf Thundercat 600 as my first bike, I had not had any previous riding experience at all before my DAS. The bike was great, I went to Leiecester about 4-5 times, no problems, great ride, always taking it steady with the power. But on a number of occasions when pulling out of a junctions and pulling in to a juctions, I kept going to wide, nearly hitting the kerb as some points. I all so had a problem of stalling it, and a few times when it stalled I nearly dropped it. The last time it happened I deceided to get rid of the bike as I held traffic up. After two weeks of getting rid of the bike, I want to get back on one, as I do miss the riding. But I am unsure which bike I should go for. I thought may be I should go for a 400 CBR or ZXR as they are lighter, or may be go back to a 600 CBR or even a Thundercat again, as my errors could be possible due to lack of experience. I want to go for a sports or sports tourer, as my friends all have 600. Can anybody tell me if they had similer problems when riding there first bike and also what they recemmend I should do, 400 or 600.
Thanks for the help. ____________________ Jimmie |
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
 Noggin Traffic Copper

Joined: 27 Feb 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 19:50 - 17 Apr 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hi, this site will probably help with countersteering and any other questions you have. Loads of the guys on here recommend it...
Riding Skills
Hope this helps
Craig G(Noggin) ____________________ Current bike: kawasaki zx12r 2002
Track bike: yamaha r6 1998
Old Bike: honda NSR 125 1998 |
|