Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

harassment to non golfers on and near Trumps Aberdeenshire c

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

scorps
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:21 - 18 Apr 2016    Post subject: harassment to non golfers on and near Trumps Aberdeenshire c Reply with quote

A friend was threatened and harrassed by staff at Trumps golf course for taking photos of the sand dunes and the effect they were having on the greens. She was told that she'd be followed etc every time they saw her.

As she has been walking on that stretch for many years she wasn't happy but she was accompanied a friend to feel safe next time she went over the dunes. The golf course was empty and although they had both been tailed by a member of staff for a while earlier on a quad there wasn't another soul in sight. Menie dunes are a huge area
At 10pm that evening her friend answered the door to discover two police officers who told her they had mobile phone evidence that she appeared to be squatting to urinate in the dunes. Three phones apparently and she was duly charged . According to the vice president of the course she had done this vulgar and disgusting act in front of players and guests.

The police up here have long been accused of acting like Trumps private security. This is a 61 year old woman who has obviously along with my friend been stalked by staff members and photographed for a few hours without their knowledge.

It's made the news even the Sun has done a story on it.

I plan on walking my dog along the dunes next weekend. I know I'm going to be hassled but they don't intimidate me. Is it okay for me to record them on video if they start following me?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:35 - 18 Apr 2016    Post subject: Re: harassment to non golfers on and near Trumps Aberdeenshi Reply with quote

https://theferret.scot/woman-charged-peeing-trump-golf-course/
https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14433234.Donald_Trump_s_staff_film_Scots_granny_caught_short_on_golf_course_then_call_police/

Surely without the videos of her pissing in the sand dunes, there isn't much of a court case?

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:27 - 18 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

She should have taken a dump.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:31 - 18 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ariel Badger wrote:
She should have taken a dump.

https://sports.vice.com/en_uk/highlight/someone-has-been-shitting-in-the-holes-of-a-norwegian-golf-course-for-10-years

Thumbs Up

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:27 - 19 Apr 2016    Post subject: Re: harassment to non golfers on and near Trumps Aberdeenshi Reply with quote

scorps wrote:
Is it okay for me to record them on video if they start following me?

Yes. Overtly or covertly or both.

I expect they'll make you feel "harassed, alarmed and distressed", in those words.

scorps
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:36 - 19 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably not Roger Laughing best I have company when I go if only to stop me ramming a camera up someones arse.

Holdawayt
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 09:43 - 19 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they have photographic evidence how can she deny it? Sounds like your mate is a bit of a filthy one and was caught taking a piss there. That's probably why they approached her and have been following her around the course since.

I can't imagine for one second they'd frame someone like this just because she's taking photos of sand. Come on.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:36 - 19 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tons of pissing spots. It's basically wilderness with a golf course plonked on top.

She maybe did take a piss but who honestly cares, it's piss. Should we kill every seagull that shits on the fairway?

https://www.trumpgolfscotland.com/images/dynamic/getImage.gif?ID=3359667

Last edited by Lord Percy on 12:31 - 19 Apr 2016; edited 1 time in total

scorps
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:10 - 19 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holdawayt wrote:
If they have photographic evidence how can she deny it? Sounds like your mate is a bit of a filthy one and was caught taking a piss there. That's probably why they approached her and have been following her around the course since.

I can't imagine for one second they'd frame someone like this just because she's taking photos of sand. Come on.

So wrong mate, it was my other friend who has been taking photographs and her that had been harrassed. Photos have shown illegal dumping of chemicals, public footpaths along the dunes planted with gorse and spiked fencing burioed so deep now that only the spikes are poking through so an accident waiting to happen for horse riders and the like.
The woman in question accompanied her, hardly a filthy one either, you obviously have no idea what trumps staff do up here especially to the locals who refused to sell their properties to him.

evidence showing her crouched down nothing more by the way. I doubt its actually going to get much further court wise anyway, it appears the world media is getting involved in this one and all seem totally sympathetic to the alleged dune pisser.

I will never allow him and his thugs the pleasure of stopping me exerting my rights to roam just because he thinks hes something special. If you dont believe what he instructs his staff to do, its obvious you don't live here.

scorps
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:12 - 19 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

brilliant photoshopped pic of the course there Percy, i should post some on here to show the reality Laughing

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:23 - 19 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

You'd think they would be full by now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

angryjonny
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:30 - 19 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scorps, I'm sure there's some backstory between your clan and Trump's. This is a subject that's come up before. So I'm convinced that your friend was there to piss-off (if not literally piss on) the golf course. There's more to this than the one side we've heard. She's been provoking them and she knows it.

So anyway, good on her. I'd suggest a go-fund-me for her legal fees. I bet there are thousands who'll chip in.

Last edited by angryjonny on 12:31 - 19 Apr 2016; edited 1 time in total

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:30 - 19 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

scorps wrote:
brilliant photoshopped pic of the course there Percy, i should post some on here to show the reality Laughing

Laughing Straight from the Trump golf website!

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:16 - 19 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

scorps wrote:
probably not Roger Laughing best I have company when I go if only to stop me ramming a camera up someones arse.

I think Roger was suggesting, in strong terms, that you did feel "harassed, alarmed and distressed" by being followed and filmed because those are particular words that carry weight. So when you make your complaint, be sure to use them.

scorps
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:40 - 19 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are a group Johny and my friend Sue is the one who has upset them by taking photos showing that environmental rules are being broken, not Johan. There has never been any open conflict from any opponent to Trump and his bullies, the owner of Leyton Cottage was told she would need a pass to get onto her land at one point because road access to her house and a couple of others now belongs to Trump even though it has been the only access to properties since they were built.

The owners keep getting their water and electric cut off by accident and Susan Munro gets followed to and from her house by security guards in pick ups etc. All this because they refused to sell and were then accused of demanding more money which is not true.

If no one makes a stand against corporate bullying of this nature then we may as well all lie down and allow ourselves to be ruined. It doesnt help matters that Trumps vice president of the course is married to the editor of the Press and Journal who take great delight in badmouthing those who complain and may as well just admit that they are his biggest advertisers. the course is losing millions and Trump does not like non golfers near the place even the beach which does not belong to him.

Quiet protests by just doing what we are allowed within the law is not going to stop any time soon. I will be taking a camera with me next time im on the dunes because Im going to need it.

The police took three days to go and investigate the mugging of an old woman in Aberdeen and 5 hours to go and arrest someone for peeing in a sand dune. This is wrong on every level.

scorps
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:09 - 19 Apr 2016    Post subject: non photoshopped photos Reply with quote

the course as it looks in most greens. To add, that fencing has been illegally placed and should not be on the public beach. Someone is going to get a bad injury as this crap is everywhere, no idea why he thought putting fencing all over the place would stop the moving dunes from actually moving.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:48 - 19 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are those greens supposed to look like massive bunkers? Laughing

Also, totally unrelated but this is an interesting thing that sort of links to the 'End of Poverty' thread from a while ago, where certain people claimed that poor people in poor countries only really have themselves to blame for not being strong enough or whatever else in order to protect their interests. Well here it seems even Brits aren't immune from the selfish ways of Mr Money Man.

scorps
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:42 - 19 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idiots have bulldozed an entire dune next to the burn to try and stop sand blowing onto the green in the top picture with the part buried fence. I can't wait to see what the next storm brings. I shall have to accompany Sue while she's taking photos of it. I will of course ensure that I've been to the loo beforehand😁

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:05 - 20 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give him and his staff hell Scorps Thumbs Up

Wonko The Sane
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:28 - 20 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

take a tractor and plough!

scorps
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:37 - 21 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent figured out why the travellers havent noticed the expanses of lawns and pitching space on his land yet!!!

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:44 - 21 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why was she squatting in the dunes if she wasn't taking pictures?

She was taking a piss.

Holdawayt
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:09 - 21 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still not entirely sure why you and your group are bothered?
Are you golfers? If not, why on earth are you walking over a golf course taking photos and pissing in their bushes?

This is reminiscent of the ramblers that used to walk across our privately owned field while we were riding the motorbikes around it. They would sit down in "protest" and have a picnic right in the middle of the course because they somehow felt entitled to it and told us that we were ruining the countryside with the motocross bikes.

It must've taken all of 4 minutes to get them off our land once they pulled their cameras out.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 12:09 - 21 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holdawayt wrote:

This is reminiscent of the ramblers that used to walk across our privately owned field while we were riding the motorbikes around it. They would sit down in "protest" and have a picnic right in the middle of the course because they somehow felt entitled to it and told us that we were ruining the countryside with the motocross bikes.

In scotland, you ARE entitled to access to the land. And he HAS been ruining the countryside. That area was always a nature reserve and the people of Aberdeenshire used to go down there for walks and picnics on sunny days. I've swum in the sea and rolled down the dunes there when I was a kid.

We have no history of being as grippy and narrow-minded about access to land in Scotland as they are in England. A right of access is not only implied but enshrined in law. Fencing off a huge area of Sottish countryside and heavy-handing anyone who goes on it is simply NOT how we do things.

The degree of insider dealing, backhanders, dirty tricks, intimidation and downright criminal activity, as well as subversion of the planning process up to a government level involved with that development beggars belief.

He essentially parachuted a huge golf course down in the middle of a SSSI and has attempetd mafia levels of intimidation on homeowners on the site of the proposed resort who refused to sell up to him. He even attempted to obtain compulsory purchase orders so he could bulldoze peoples houses. As a result of this, several properties in that area are now owned in common by hundreds of people, all of whom purchased a square foot of the land.

The amount of ill-feeling in the local community that has been caused over this development is unbelievable.

There was then a further debacle whereby Trump wanted an offshore wind farm relocated so it couldn't be seen from his golf course. It appears the Scottish government were happy to overrule the local planning refusal for the building of a golf resort on an area of sand dunes but not refuse planning on a renewables development.

Trump threw his teddy out of the pram. Built the golf course but not the resort then went and bought Turnbury instead.

I personally think he's lost all interest in the Aberdeen development and it's only a matter of time before he gives up.

From the pictures, it looks like it'll be a self-limiting problem in any case. Trying to build a golf course in an area of unstable, active sand dunes on the North Sea coast of Scotland is a fools errand. If he doesn't work to stabilise the dunes, they'll reclaim what is theirs. If he does stabilise them, the sea will wash it away.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:45 - 21 Apr 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's called progress.
Things have to change to improve.

People will moan about anyfuckingthing.
There is a Pub near to me for sale, that has been closed down for the best part of 10 years. It's essentially derelict, so anyone wanting to buy it would need to invest heavily. I personally see this as a surefire sign that any prospective buyer would be serious about the improvements.

Not so, the moanfuckwit brigade that plague East Bumblefuck.

They oppose each and every planning application on the property, each time anyone buys it, so they put it back on the market and fuck off to a more tolerant village. The last application was for it to be demolished and for new pub to be built at the back of the land (well away from the road) with a nice big car park out front. The opposing argument that the bigger pub would cause more traffic flow through the village...
I don't know how many cars they think travel to a busy pub of an evening but the car park looked to hold around 100 cars. I doubt they'd all turn up within 30 mins of each other, so that would hardly constitute 'traffic'. But alas, the site is still undeveloped and up for sale again.

The reason it pisses me off, is that there is now a good 25 min walk to the nearest pub to me since this 5 min walk pub closed down.
Also an even bigger bugbear to me, is that this derelict pub has been fenced off with those metal temporary fences you see on building sites and the like. It looks awful and is about 40m long and right at the start of the village. It gives a terrible impression to anyone coming here. Considering the house prices are averaging over £1m, you'd think the locals would want a nicer building at the entry to the village, but oh no, they fear fucking change.

Fuck off and read books about the old times, leave the present to keep with the times and stop bothering about shit that don't directly involve you.

Rant over. x
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 362 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5