Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Honda NC36 (grey import)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

PaulDillon
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 15 Jul 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:59 - 02 May 2016    Post subject: Honda NC36 (grey import) Reply with quote

Hi, I just made my first bike video. Just a few facts about my Honda NC36 (grey import) and some onboard footage. Would love to get some constructive feedback. Cheers

https://youtu.be/SdM6Wo-YYdE
____________________
riding: Honda CBR250R, Kawasaki ER6-n, Honda NC36
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:17 - 06 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing to offend the senses in that.

For the onboard stuff, have you thought about mounting the camera on different parts of the bike, hanblebars facing forward and facing the rider, on the frame low down facing forwards and backwards, seat facing backward, tank etc?

Can't speak for anyone else but, personally, I'm not a huge fan of helmet cam footage, hardly ever seem to get the right angle. I prefer to see stuff that been filmed from a solid mounting point.

Any chance of another mic to get the engine noise etc?

Good effort, better than a lot you can see!
____________________
"Everybody needs money, that's why they call it money!" Cool
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

PaulDillon
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 15 Jul 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:02 - 06 May 2016    Post subject: Honda NC36 video Reply with quote

Hi,
thanks for your comments - this is really useful for me. This was my first attempt at making a video and I wanted to do something a little different to the usual fayre but have zero experience. I always planned there to be a part 2 and maybe 3 to this video so I intend to try out your ideas.

I discovered that the helmet cam picks up no engine noise at all, just a lot of wind noise. When I made the film I had an MP3 recorder and a mic taped to the back of my bike so I could get some engine noise. I tried a few mic positions with mixed results. When the footage changes to the chase bike (my son on a Honda CBR r250) we didn't have an engine mic on his bike. The video was all about the NC36 so I thought that was probably OK.

I experimented with a rear facing camera on his bike to get some head-on shots of me and also tried putting the camera on his fairing as it turns out he moves his head around quite a lot when he is riding so I lost a lot of footage. The camera shake on all of the footage that wasn't shot from a helmet cam was so bad that I couldn't use any of it. I actually tried a few different software solutions to stabalise the video but it was just too bad.

I was in 2 minds about the music I put on it, I wrote and played it myself and was trying to convey a sense of the 'zone' I get into on country lanes.

Having said that I think your ideas are good and I want to try them out so now I am looking for a more sophisticated camera mount - anyone got any suggestions?

cheers
____________________
riding: Honda CBR250R, Kawasaki ER6-n, Honda NC36
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:27 - 08 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

12000-KB1-305

I made a solid mount for my camera, that attached to the frame and the top radiator mount, never had any camera shake problems.
Currently on my little trail bike, I use a gorilla tripod mount wrapped around the handle bars and cable tied in place for extra rigidity, no camera shake with that either.

Here's the handlebar mount:-

https://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu172/Troodos-Pool-Guy/XL125RC/GAP%20CAM%2014_zpsynqpnfdt.jpg

Here's a video, from the handlebar mount, haven't got a photo of it though:-

https://youtu.be/a5YnTktOEeE

Here's a video from the frame mount:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK7Xvb70QWU

Other than running a separate mic for sound, I don't know what to do about wind noise.  I've tried taping over the inbuilt mic on the camera, but the auto sound level just makes everything worse!
____________________
"Everybody needs money, that's why they call it money!" Cool
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 154 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.73 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 42.71 Kb