Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic : View next topic  

biggeeman
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:43 - 15 May 2016    Post subject: Rearsets help Reply with quote

Hi guys

Recently purchased a blade for road n track
It came with aftermarket rearsets not sure what ones..
they were set as far back and down as possible
But here's the thing is it harder to get knee down with aftermarkets
As a suppose to stocks.
I've been hanging as far as possible still no touch down on my last bike 2004 r1 ( stock pegs ) it was fairly easy with knee and scraping pegs.
I have the stock ones for the blade would it be worth putting them back as I like to have a cornering gauge wether it be knee or a slight peg scrape.
Is there a way aftermarkets can be the same as a stock setup?

Thanks guys

robertw95
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:50 - 16 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adjust them for you so when hanging off you can really clamp your knee into tank, going back to stock just to get your knee down is pretty pointless tbh. It will come as pace increases again, if your in a corner and can lean the bike further with no resistance you still have more mean to go so try carrying more speed next lap. Obviously build up slowly.

robertw95
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:52 - 16 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also have you seen any pics of your body position? Guarantee your not hanging off as much as you should be.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:52 - 16 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on the set you have. If you want them lower, then adjust them to their lowest and furtherest forward position. Also, post up a photo, someone is bound to know what they are.

biggeeman
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 00:18 - 17 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply guys..

I watched a YouTube vid tonight with Dave moss explained how they should be set I think mine aren't set correctly because I can't seem to grip the tank very well always sliding off my grip.
My body position is good if I hang off anymore I lose my grip on the tank.
I can get knee down at track granted I don't use it a lot I'll generally bring my knees back in after a sciff due to an absurd amount of injuries on both knees. I feel my body position on track has to improve to allow faster lap times I'm sort of holding my own progress back.
Just that this is my first sets of rearsets I'm not sure how to set them up .
I'll try upload pics tomoz
[/img]

biggeeman
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 00:24 - 17 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried to upload a pic of me try some new body positions out
Tbh I hate trying to knee down in a car park it feels dodgy
Would rather a fast sweeper.
That position I was in there felt connected to the bike as u can million miles away from knee down though lol.

robertw95
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 13:46 - 17 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah from that you need to drop your shoulder and your down as if your eating a banana out of your hand,feels alien at first. Also do you sit with nuts against the tank?

biggeeman
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 15:35 - 17 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

robertw95 wrote:
Yeah from that you need to drop your shoulder and your down as if your eating a banana out of your hand,feels alien at first. Also do you sit with nuts against the tank?

Ok cheers,I try keep them back a little too awkward against the tank I feel.
I moved the rearsets more forward today just playing around in the garage I do feel I have more grip on the tank I'll go a blast tomoz to see how it feels.
Rearsets are ses models says on their site they can be setup for race shift might give that a blast aswell.

robertw95
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 11:32 - 18 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah basically you want to sit back away from the tank an inch or two which means you can drop your upper body lower without twisting round the tank. You want to adjust so when you hang off normally you can properly lock your knee in place if doing it correct you should be abLe to hold yourself in place and let go of the handlebars with no weight on the inside leg. Once you get your head round it race shift is so much better around a race track

biggeeman
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:52 - 18 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

robertw95 wrote:
Yeah basically you want to sit back away from the tank an inch or two which means you can drop your upper body lower without twisting round the tank. You want to adjust so when you hang off normally you can properly lock your knee in place if doing it correct you should be abLe to hold yourself in place and let go of the handlebars with no weight on the inside leg. Once you get your head round it race shift is so much better around a race track

Ok thanks a lot 👍
Going to try practice on the street getting the body position right,
Could always practice in the garage aswell shifting from left to right on the bike.
Least when I do a track day should be a bit more natural.
I always end fatigued on a track day from moving around it's fairly demanding on your body. That's where I end getting lazy on the bike then it all goes to shit lol.

robertw95
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 14:04 - 18 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah even sitting on and gettig your head down low can help.when I started trackdays I was nuts against the tank still getting my knee down etc but I was sore for days afterwards and wasn't until I seen a video of my body position I realised how much it needed worked on. Once that was sorted the pain was non existent the next day been doing 3 day race weekends and feeling absolutely fine the Monday after could hardly tell if been doing it all weekend.

biggeeman
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:59 - 18 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

robertw95 wrote:
Yeah even sitting on and gettig your head down low can help.when I started trackdays I was nuts against the tank still getting my knee down etc but I was sore for days afterwards and wasn't until I seen a video of my body position I realised how much it needed worked on. Once that was sorted the pain was non existent the next day been doing 3 day race weekends and feeling absolutely fine the Monday after could hardly tell if been doing it all weekend.

That's good then I'll chip away at it,
Cheers for the info have fun mate
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 336 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1