Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

binge
Emo Kiddy

PostPosted: 01:13 - 24 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLOODY HELL!!! 20hp outa a 50cc.
and how much doed the dynoing cost?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

steve09
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 14:36 - 24 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude if you wana get more top end out replace ur pipe with a yasuni R pipe quite a lot of cash but worth it.
also i think its heavy rollers = more top end less accelration but im not to sure..
if i were you i mean lets face it your breaking the law already get a 125 speedflight lump and but that in there. then maybe mollosi bore it to 150 maybe more you may not even need a perfomance pipe and uve got what 60-70 mph already from the standard engine
check out
www.50cc.nl goood site they also stock the yasuni R pipes

divuk83
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:21 - 24 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no such thing as a Speedfight 125, there is only a 100. Its a pretty slow and poor to tune engine as well. You can get a Malossi 120 kit for it but its not great, certainly not worth swapping engines for. The C20 is better than the R version for all out power although it works best on harder tuned motors. The R version is E marked for road use and is normally sold with a restrictor in it.

Dynoing costs about 40 squid per hour at most places.

There is a good english section on https://www.scooterforum.net/ that is good for adivce on tuning 50/70s. Here are a few examples of some nippy 50's from Europe:
https://forum.scooterforum.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28882
https://forum.scooterforum.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21128
https://forum.scooterforum.net/forum/showthread.php?t=65459&page=1&pp=30&highlight=Speedfight

Dave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

binge
Emo Kiddy

PostPosted: 23:53 - 24 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea, i used 2 have a 100cc speedfight and it was pants. it only did about 55 - 60. heavey rollers ive got, and the bike dosent like hills with them in. Sad
I aint got mega bucks so i need to do somthing what is quite cheap. and another thing. on the carb there is a little brass screw (mixture) and the idle screw. How many turns should the mixture be set to. because sometimes if i rev my scooter to pull away from the lights, it likes to flood out. i think its flooding with air.

do yasuni make 70cc pipes, or just 50/70 pipes. cos my technigas is a "technigas RS" hand made, and it is imported from france (dont sell them in england).

if i was to put my malossi delta clutch/variator back on, would that affect my speed, or the smoothness of the drive?

I think all i really need to do is get the scooter set up properly cos the dude before me just took it to different garages geting parts fitted individually so they havnt been set up to suite eachother, and i dont even think it has the right rollers in for the pipe.

Where can i get my scooter in for dynoing?

thanks...

Ben
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

divuk83
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:55 - 25 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what the standard setting for the mixture screw on a speedy is I'm afraid. If you take it to be dynoed they will set mixture, jetting and rollers up perfect. That would be the best thing to do first as there is always more power to be had just from getting what you have running perfect. Taffspeed have a dyno and are on the edge of Wales (Newport), about 80 miles off London. Its a trek, but I usually travel about 50 miles to have mine done. I don't know of any scooter tuners in London that have rolling roads, although I will try and find out.

I would also put the delta clutch back on as when you have it all set up.

Yasuni do make 70cc pipes and its also worth considering the Malossi MHR rep pipe as that will go well with your cylinder. Check the scootertuning.net forum for better advice than mine. Very Happy

Dave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

binge
Emo Kiddy

PostPosted: 02:03 - 25 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers dave!

I would put the delta clutch on now, but cos the ped Boi who owned the scooter before me wanted max acceleration, he had the clutch set so it dosnt engage til around 7000 rpm. so it is very jerkey on pull away. but i did find that it used to do around 70, but now i can only push 65 ish.

Il have to keep my eye out for the rolling roads cos my ped definatly needs setin up right, its got a couple of flat spots, (30mph - 40mph, and 50mph to 60mph) the scooter is really slow at picking up between them speeds.
Cheers for ya advice. Thumbs Up

Ben!

mrchips
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:33 - 25 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could do with getting a 125 sticker for the side of it cause it will look well doing 70 on a 50. Laughing

binge
Emo Kiddy

PostPosted: 20:13 - 25 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe, but then wen i get pulled the cop says, "ooooh, your 16 years old on a 125cc scooter? hmmm, your NICKED!"

lol

Ive just took it out in the rain and it wont go much now cos ive got water in my airfilter. Sad gona have to fit my airbox for the winter im afraid.

Ben...
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 247 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2