BCF: Bike Chat Forums

TT 2016

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

kestrel
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 19:31 - 06 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant day of racing here in the island. Ian Hutchinson won both the Supersport 1 and Superstock races putting in a 133+ standing start lap on a Stocker.

In the Supersport race Michael Dunlop disqualified for technical infringement (coated cam buckets) which appears to be a genuine oversight by his engine builder and gave him no advantage in the race.
Rob Hodson also disqualified for running a 'significantly' oversized engine.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:19 - 06 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

The racing so far has been excellent truly excellent.

The films shown after the races also worth a mention.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:00 - 09 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, is anyone going to get a 134 in the senior?

On the video of Michael Dunlop's record lap he seemed to get stuck behind other riders a couple of times, unfortunately he caught them in the wrong places, so probably lost a few seconds off the lap time!

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:19 - 09 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Circuit looks mint, weather is good, S1000RRs are superb and most importantly the 2 big guns are charged with Hutchinson now knowing what he has to do in those first 2 sectors.

Pity that during the race I'll be out in the sticks with little to no phone signal.

Aye 134 here we come.

Also hoping that Bruce and McGuinness get their mojo back...and Rutter( Wub )is really riding well.

If I were a betting man.

1. Hutchy 134
2. M Dunlop 134
3. Harrison 133
4. Anstey 133
5. McGuinness 132
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:47 - 09 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't really disagree with that.
But there was talk, earlier in the week, that Anstey was sandbagging on the RCV.
It was said that he was being shown boards on the mountain giving predicted lap speeds, then slowing down a fair bit on the way back to the grandstand.
No idea if that's true or not, the only possible reason I can think of would be to save the bike for the Senior, although why sacrifice a win?

Can't see past Hutchy and Michael for the senior, although I said the same last year and McPint pulled a rabbit out of the hat and made a monkey out of everyone!

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:00 - 09 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be my perfect TT if Bruce were to monster it and win with Harrison 2nd and Rutter 3rd.

Bruce appears to of healed pretty fast with that hyperbaric chamber.
I too think he was conserving himself and the (almost RCV) bike. He said it felt like a 600 and that suits his cornerspeed style. The BMWs look like total beasts with Rutter and another rider reducing the power output a tad.
It's the TT....owt can and usually does happen.

Now getting pissed off that I won't be following the race.

2017 and there is talk of a new Fireblade....Get on it John.

kestrel
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 07:20 - 10 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hutchy and Michael have to be the favorites for a win but it could equally go to any one of the top 10 riders, lap times this year have been phenomenal. My guess would be Dunlop, Hutchy, Harrison, Anstey, and no cigar for McGuinness. I wouldn't usually bet against McGuinness 'cos he's pulled a rabbit out of the hat too many times in the past, but the Fireblade is getting old and struggling against the BMW's
Weather here today is better than expected but there is thick coastal fog which may cause delays.
It's been a great TT, good weather and brilliant racing, bring on the Manx in September!

RedPanda
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 11:18 - 10 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going by Twitter the mist is getting worse so there are going to be further delays for a while.

Robert, are you marshalling at Dundrod again? I’ll be round the Deer’s Leap side of the circuit this year.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:29 - 10 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phew!

Looks like rain will hit the Isle during the race, if so :

1. Dunlop
2. Harrison
3. Hutchy
4. McG
5. Bruce.

[edit] Over excited. Bounce!

I don't expect a 134 today.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:18 - 10 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mid race shot
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkmViH3W0AAaAUG.jpg:large

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:20 - 10 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

MD just laid a 133.962mph lap.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:24 - 10 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://memesvault.com/wp-content/uploads/Laughing-Then-Crying-Meme-09.jpg

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:55 - 10 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

IOMTT peoples wrote:
133.962mph on Michael's second lap now stands as the absolute lap record

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:57 - 10 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Ah, you dirty animal" - Michael Dunlop on being told his new lap record.

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:59 - 10 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
"Ah, you dirty animal" - Michael Dunlop on being told his new lap record.

I did lol.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:03 - 10 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/M0vcO2_iejo Live press conference

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/2b/49/98/2b49982e12b7eee0909612ae9b84e3ec.jpg

RedPanda
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 22:36 - 10 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive had a few drinks but Id call it even between Hutchy and Michael this week. Thats ignoring the press conference, very few people know the total truth there. I dont think Michael is the sort to spread rumours.

If you have some spare dough then seriously consider Ulster in August. On a sunny day and in a mass start those two could be explosive. Plus Anstey loves the circuit, and if Guy Martin is back he will be at the sharp end.

I was also very sorry to hear about Ian Bell. I've not known him for long to be honest but I cannot imagine what his son has gone through.

Old Git Racing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:58 - 10 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow the press conference was something else, MD and Hutchy carried it on off the track, only they know.
Rip Ian Bell, long time TT racer, heard it on TT radio about an incident at Ballaspur but never imagined that. Thoughts with his son and family.

OGR

robertw95
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 00:36 - 11 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be at the Ulster this year no marshalling though to busy with my own racing commitments now, really looking forward to it though. Another tough day today the highs again ruined by the lows. Rip lads

DoohanFan
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 16:51 - 11 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Git Racing wrote:
Wow the press conference was something else, MD and Hutchy carried it on off the track, only they know.
Rip Ian Bell, long time TT racer, heard it on TT radio about an incident at Ballaspur but never imagined that. Thoughts with his son and family.

OGR

One of hutchy's pistons?

Simba76
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 10:41 - 23 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoohanFan wrote:
Old Git Racing wrote:

OGR

One of hutchy's pistons?

Christ, Guy Martin has let himself go a bit!

-Current bike ......
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 301 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2