Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Bike ID and Exhaust Suggestions

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Renzakuken
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 28 Nov 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:39 - 27 May 2016    Post subject: Bike ID and Exhaust Suggestions Reply with quote

Hi all

I was wondering if anyone could help me solve a problem; I own a Black GSX600F 2003 and yet I have immense issues finding any compatible OEM replacement parts or after market mods. Recently I had to replace a lightbulb and finding an indicator housing for that specific make was a bit of a trek.
In particular, it seems that my bike is near identical to a GSX 600 F Katana! Anytime i search for, say, an exhaust system I have to wade through a ton of options and parts for a Katana model before chancing on something that fits my bike.
So my question is; are the two types of bike identical when it comes to parts, i.e. exahust pipes, lights and even replacement fairings.

Secondly, can anyone recommend an aftermarket exhaust system? I'm concerned my stock silencer does it's job too well and I'd rather like to be heard in advance.

Below is a photo of the bike for reference, note the previous owner stupidly removed the side decals Sad
https://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy248/Jack_Jerram/Bike%202_zpsk5qzu4tj.jpg
____________________
CBR 125 2006 STOLEN
GSX600F 2003 SOLD
GSX650F 2009 CURRENT
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

temeluchus
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 04:54 - 28 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to sharpen your google skills.

The GSX600F was called "Katana" in other markets. The engine is also used in the Bandit 600, much of the ancillaries are used in the bandits as well such as coils.

https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/browser/manufacturer/suzuki/bike/gsx600f-wxyk1k2k3-98-03/year/1998-2003
You should have no trouble obtaining parts for it from any suzuki dealer or the net. Used might be more fun, I've not seen all that many about.


Lots of exhausts out there

https://delkevic.co.uk/?route=product/category&path=106270_107170_107192_107205&description=Delkevic__Silencer+Kits_Suzuki_600+cc+Models_GSX600F+%281997-2003%29#Products

for example. Sticking GSX600F exhaust in ebay returned tons of results.
____________________
Some shite cruiser. Now with guns and FREEDOM!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dav1son
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 24 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:34 - 28 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waiting for the 'exhausts are loud from behind, not in front of the bike' comments.

But just get something you like the look of. eBay is your friend
____________________
Future: ....
Present: GSXR-750 L0
Past: ZX10R C2H, TL1000R, CBR400 NC29, GPR50RR/RS50
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Snowdonia Rider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Oct 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:10 - 28 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most parts are interchangeable with the 750. I know the carbs and rearsets are different (mounting points for rearsets may be the same on the frame so they may swap but I'm not sure) and the clip ons are different, although they can easily be swapped.

There are tons and tons of parts sprawled all over eBay and the interweb, I never have any trouble finding anything I need for mine. Many parts are also used with the GSF Bandits too.

What exhausts do you like and what's your budget? You usually see the GSXF's with Delkevic or Beowulf. Personally seeing as you have a black one, I think a dark carbon look exhaust would go nice. If I were to get one for mine and I could afford it I'd get a Scorpion carbon, I think it suits them well and in my case it has a bit of red detailing lol.

Nice looking bike though, get a tinted screen and smoked front indicators and it will look ace Thumbs Up
____________________
I want your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle.
Suzuki GP125 Suzuki GSX600F Suzuki SV650S KTM EXC250F SkyTeam Bongo 125
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/SnowdoniaRider
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 131 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 0.5 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 43.05 Kb