Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Tyre changing services "Help needed"

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

dubloman
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 11 Nov 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:30 - 28 May 2016    Post subject: Tyre changing services "Help needed" Reply with quote

I have purchased new tyres (not from a fitter)

I am looking for a local tyre fitting service in Preston Lancashire (mobile or static)

If I had the tools I can do it myself as I worked in the motortrade for many years.

I am now out of the trade and not sure who does what anymore, the places I knew are no longer there......just my luck

I need a tyre off and replacement on and probably a valve and balance. It's from a scooter for the record.

What is the normal price to pay these days for this service and who can do this without wrecking the brake disc or the rim (is it best to take them off beforehand)

Any help is appreciated

Thanks
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

CaNsA
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:32 - 28 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rolled in to my local independent tyre place, charged 30 notes for fitting 2 tyres.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer



Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:44 - 28 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheels off £10 for front and back. You do however need to remove the disc brakes first and also tape up the rim else it'll scratch the paint. This was at a car tyre place.



Ride in ride out £30 or so.
____________________
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dubloman
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 11 Nov 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:00 - 28 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, Can anyone recommend a place that can do it in Preston?

Things have increased since I last did it

Most placed if it was just a tyre change did it for free (we did)

Valve and balance and tyre change we charged a few quid and put it in the christmas pot

How things have changed
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

0l0dom0l0
World Chat Champion



Joined: 21 Oct 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:25 - 28 May 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

dubloman wrote:
Thanks for the info, Can anyone recommend a place that can do it in Preston?

Things have increased since I last did it

Most placed if it was just a tyre change did it for free (we did)

Valve and balance and tyre change we charged a few quid and put it in the christmas pot

How things have changed


Things haven't changed really, just need to buddy up with your local tyre fitter.

I've developed a good relationship with the local bike mechanic, I take my tyres down if I need them swapping, £10 for a loose wheel, inc balancing and disposal. Depending on how he's feeling he might do me 2 for £15. I pay him in cash, he sticks in it his tool box. Take cash and offer it up.

It means that if I ever want a tyre doing he'll do it there while I wait for me as well, I think I've had to leave it with him once.

I can't recommend anywhere near you though I'm afraid.
____________________
CBT Passed: 30/08/2009, Theory Passed: 31/08/2010, Mod 1 Passed: 6/9/2010, Mod 2 Passed: 13/09/2010. Restriction ended 13/09/2012.

Bikes: 2007 Derbi GPR 50, 1998 Yamaha Fazer 600 (written off), 2002 Yamaha Fazer 600, 1994 CBR 600F, 2003 Triumph Daytona 600, Kawasaki ZX6R J1.....Current: 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 1998 Suzuki TL1000R and a Honda VFR 400 NC30.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 10 years, 131 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.97 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 45.41 Kb