Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

My 1st ever big bike - silver ninja!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  

shdaxner
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 20:12 - 12 Jun 2016    Post subject: My 1st ever big bike - silver ninja! Reply with quote

So, I have been riding a tiddler for around 8 months and decided to go for my DAS - passed my MOD1 on Friday and hopefully setting a date for my MOD2 tomorrow...in the meantime I have bought my 1st big bike and it is safely locked away in the garage with me itching to ride it Rolling Eyes

Its a 2005 Kawasaki ZX6R C1H.

https://s33.postimg.org/q9s7jo6kv/27553872951_a94ee23a0c_c.jpg
https://s33.postimg.org/evk2xvryn/27349481460_d954277860_c.jpg
https://s33.postimg.org/mpp9x0p5b/27553862361_d99e3c17e8_c.jpg
https://s33.postimg.org/w01e0jzv3/27593202026_c4feddba69_c.jpg

Cant wait to get on it and get some miles under my belt.

Scythe
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 20:48 - 12 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great bike, I have one myself. Absolutely fantastic bike, wait until you really wake it up over 10k rpm. Hold on!

dannymassive
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 20:51 - 12 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great. Nice and clean too Smile

Fingers crossed, you'll get your date tomorrow!

edit : to correct typo
Previous Ride's - '01 Aprilia SR125 (Sold) '08 HONDA CBF600n (Sold) '96 CB500 (Sold) '01 FZS 1000 (Sold) '06 CB1300SA (Sold) '07 CB600F Hornet (Sold) - '93 Suzuki Savage LS400 (Sold) '98 Honda VTR1000 Firestorm (Sold) '05 CB600F Hornet (Sold) '01 FZS1000 Fazer (Sold) 2016 Harley Davidson Street Bob SE (Sold) '02 Kawasaki ZX9R (Sold) '98 CB600F Hornet (Sold) '04 Suzuki Bandit 1200s (Sold) '13 Yamaha FZ1-N

Last edited by dannymassive on 21:05 - 14 Jun 2016; edited 1 time in total

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:07 - 12 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's to hoping that you've checked that your insurance company will allow you to simply swap the tiddler to the 600 at the cost of an admin fee rather than having to take out a brand new policy because "computer says no." Not something I have first hand experience of but something I've seen others post warnings of before.

If you can't swap the bikes over then do be aware you've told your insurer that you know have access to a second bike, a question I get asked on multiple comparison sites. No I don't have any idea why this is on there or if it makes any difference but just wanted to point it out. An issue (if it is one at all) I'm sure someone else will expand on in further and more accurate detail than I will be able too.

If anything (to my limited knowledge) they can't cancel a policy just because you've made an inquiry about swapping bikes over so at worst (proving you pass) it all just be a longer waiting time than you'd hoped for.

This being said you've probably got it all sorted already and I'm just rambling on for no reason teflon styleee. In short, enjoy. Thumbs Up

I keep seeing these online for like 2K or less.. makes it a very tempting thing to want in a couple of years time once I've got my A tests out the way. Only thing I like more than the older style of these bikes in traditional green colours is the ZX4R, the dream. Wub

shdaxner
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 21:30 - 12 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the comments all.

NJD wrote:
Here's to hoping that you've checked that your insurance company will allow you to simply swap the tiddler to the 600 at the cost of an admin fee rather than having to take out a brand new policy because "computer says no." Not something I have first hand experience of but something I've seen others post warnings of before.

Fortunately I have spoken to my insurance and I can indeed swap over to this once I have passed - the quote I had for May - September (when the policys 1 year is up) was £211 which I was very pleased with....as it is even later this price will now go down so cannot grumble at all....cheers for the heads up anyways.
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

drzsta
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:49 - 13 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a soft spot for the 05/06 636. Sweet bike mate Thumbs Up

Silver_Fox
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:17 - 13 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lordy. Austin Allegro brown Shocked

shdaxner
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 15:49 - 13 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver_Fox wrote:
Lordy. Austin Allegro brown Shocked

Erm its actually titanium....

I actually quite like the colour....mostly because you don't see many in this colour, in the sunlight the metallic really pops and it looks awesome.

Silver_Fox
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:01 - 13 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://car-from-uk.com/ebay/carphotos/full/ebay141670120492772.jpg

Laughing Thumbs Up

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 16:16 - 13 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

shdaxner wrote:
mostly because you don't see many in this colour

Deauville Brown is the official name for that colour.

I had one of those in the proper colour, great bikes.

shdaxner
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 07:31 - 14 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe wrote:

Deauville Brown is the official name for that colour.

It does look a brownish colour in the shade but as soon as the sun hits it is most definitely a metallic silver.

Quick question but on its most recent MOT (end of May) an advisory was noted that the exhaust was loud - is this likely to be an issue next test time? ie. am I expected to do something about it between now and then?

dannymassive
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 09:42 - 14 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

shdaxner wrote:
Quick question but on its most recent MOT (end of May) an advisory was noted that the exhaust was loud - is this likely to be an issue next test time? ie. am I expected to do something about it between now and then?

In a word, no! That's a pretty standard advisory for bikes without standard exhausts, especially baffle less ones! Don't worry about it! Thumbs Up
Previous Ride's - '01 Aprilia SR125 (Sold) '08 HONDA CBF600n (Sold) '96 CB500 (Sold) '01 FZS 1000 (Sold) '06 CB1300SA (Sold) '07 CB600F Hornet (Sold) - '93 Suzuki Savage LS400 (Sold) '98 Honda VTR1000 Firestorm (Sold) '05 CB600F Hornet (Sold) '01 FZS1000 Fazer (Sold) 2016 Harley Davidson Street Bob SE (Sold) '02 Kawasaki ZX9R (Sold) '98 CB600F Hornet (Sold) '04 Suzuki Bandit 1200s (Sold) '13 Yamaha FZ1-N

shdaxner
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 09:47 - 14 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

dannymassive wrote:

In a word, no! That's a pretty standard advisory for bikes without standard exhausts, especially baffle less ones! Don't worry about it! Thumbs Up

Just what I was after Thumbs Up

Cheers mate.

CBFcarl
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 17:45 - 14 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

shdaxner wrote:
It does look a brownish colour in the shade but as soon as the sun hits it is most definitely a metallic silver.

Ha! You do live in England, right?

Very nice btw, and good luck with the mod2

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:56 - 15 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Throw it away....... it`s the wrong colour!

Nice Thumbs Up

Az
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:38 - 15 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice bike! You won't be disappointed with it as your first big bike Thumbs Up

I also love the 6 spoke wheels on the 05 onwards ZX6R's, over the typical 3 spoke wheels that come on most Jap' bikes.

Silver_Fox
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:00 - 15 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone seems to have a ZX6R. I need to try one Twisted Evil

trevoriv
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:59 - 15 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snap.

Mine's not as tidy as yours though, use it as a daily hack.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

thosoneill
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 07:58 - 17 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just be damn careful when you do eventually take it out - massive difference from a tiddler as you put it

shdaxner
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 22:43 - 26 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I passed my MOD 2 on Wednesday and have been out on the bike every day since and today I reached 200 miles.

The bike is surprisingly easy to ride at slow speeds....the lack of torque means that the throttle is much smoother than a V twin at lower revs but by eck does this thing come alive around 10k revs! it absolutely flys.

I also went on abit of a ride out with 30 or so other bikers from a local riding group yesterday and really enjoyed it, looking forward to going abit further afield next time.

Needless to say I am addicted to the thing and I just want to ride it at every opportunity!

dannymassive
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 21:25 - 10 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

shdaxner wrote:
So, I passed my MOD 2 on Wednesday and have been out on the bike every day since and today I reached 200 miles.

The bike is surprisingly easy to ride at slow speeds....the lack of torque means that the throttle is much smoother than a V twin at lower revs but by eck does this thing come alive around 10k revs! it absolutely flys.

I also went on abit of a ride out with 30 or so other bikers from a local riding group yesterday and really enjoyed it, looking forward to going abit further afield next time.

Needless to say I am addicted to the thing and I just want to ride it at every opportunity!

Well done Thumbs Up

Now go and enjoy your new bike!

shdaxner
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 08:42 - 11 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers folks.

I have been getting some miles on it - aswell as the normal daily commute and using the bike for any opportunity I can, I went to Barton Bike Night last week which was awesome, I rode over to Cleethorpes and back this Saturday for a scooter rally (my step dad is a scooterist) and yesterday rode down to Barnsley to meet the family for a day out.

I've done a good 6-700 miles so far and still loving it Thumbs Up

T1Cybernetic
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 10:54 - 11 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice well looked after that Wink Congrats on the pass and safe riding.

kaz32
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 12:28 - 15 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely bike bud, Congrats on Passing! Enjoy!

Kaz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 257 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1