Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Paradise Papers

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Fowlersrs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:11 - 06 Nov 2017    Post subject: Paradise Papers Reply with quote

Cannot believe I see no thread on this...

Holy friggin shit

Incredible.....

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:13 - 06 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was about to post a topic as I just watched this. However last time we covered this subject BCF decided all tax avoidance was a cycle2work scheme Neutral

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 23:15 - 06 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have no real issue with legal tax avoidance.

I squirrel away as much as I can into a pension for example...
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fowlersrs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:17 - 06 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ark at those fuckers paying there wage abroad and then loaning it back as an adviser..

This country is in ruin, these cunts can pay fuck all tax on half a million in wages a year, I do one cash job and dont declare it and I get shafted....

Fowlersrs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:19 - 06 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonB wrote:

Do u not think its immoral though not to pay your fair share? These companies like apple are depriving countries of money they could put to good use.. note I say could...

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:22 - 06 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonB wrote:

Yeah....has no-one explained to you that you'll pay tax on all but a quarter of it when you draw it out? Rolling Eyes

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:24 - 06 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: Paradise Papers Reply with quote

Fowlersrs wrote:
Cannot believe I see no thread on this...

Holy friggin shit

Incredible.....

The corrupt create laws and twist events to benefit the corrupt. Why the surprise?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:24 - 06 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonB wrote:

That's the thing, it's a distinction which only exists to allow tax 'avoidance'. For most people it means the same thing, as it does in practice.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 23:27 - 06 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fowlersrs wrote:
Do u not think its immoral though not to pay your fair share?

I think it's immoral to not avoid being robbed.

Further, I hope that all of these individuals who are having their private -
and on the face of it entirely legal - financial affairs published sue the arses out of every rag that reports on it. And doubly so for the BBC which thrives on demanding money with menaces.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:32 - 06 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
I think it's immoral to not avoid being robbed.

IF (assuming it was practical) everyone did the same thing, wouldn't that become a bit of an issue?

Rogerborg wrote:
And doubly so for the BBC which thrives on demanding money with menaces.

Is Mrs Brown's Boys not a bit of an odd one? Funded by the BBC, the daughter of the star and son-in-law are in on the scam as well.

Johnnythefox
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 08:58 - 07 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tax avoidance is illegal, minimising ones tax is not, moral? is it moral to have to pay tax over which one has no say in it's distribution?

Bono still wants you to give money......

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:26 - 07 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnnythefox wrote:
Tax avoidance is illegal

Tax evasion = illegal
Tax avoidance = legal.

skatefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:01 - 07 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

"over which one has no say in it's distribution?" - Horse shit, do your every day PAYE tax payers have MORE of a say on tax distribution because they cannot avoid paying it? Rolling Eyes

Anywho, personally, tough call, only difference is one is legal using loopholes and the other isnt.
Morally deplorable and disgusts me to the core, paying 1/4 of my meger wage in taxes before I even see it.

But would I be doing it myself if I were earning ÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁ. Most likely Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:37 - 07 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no sympathy with governments about this. If they wanted to they could close these legal loopholes but they don't.

Why? I suspect because they all have friends and relatives that make use of them, Companies that will offer them a non executive seat on the board when they retire with a nice fat paycheck to help keep these tax schemes open.

It's situations like this that are going to get Corbyn into power. He might be a left wing loonie, but he's an honest left wing loonie.

B5234FT
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 11:00 - 07 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I see things like this, I dont really feel an issue with Lewis, but with the system that enables it to be possible.

As usual, the witch hunt should not be with those taking advantage of a beneficial set of rules, but those who in the face of it, allow those rules to stand.

Ironically, F1 are far quicker to ban traction control, active suspension and double deck diffusers when they see an unfair advantage than governments when the same happens.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:03 - 07 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
It's situations like this that are going to get Corbyn into power. He might be a left wing loonie, but he's an honest left wing loonie.

Wow, I gave that an Insightful. That'll teach me to read to the end.

Honestly, he's never extorted money out of anyone personally - except maybe when he waltzed straight from being a gap yah stuuudent into a "job" a trade union representative in a trade he'd never plied. Gotta tithe them subs.

No, he just lets the State squeeze money out of the toiling masses on his behalf, then lives fat off of it, as he's done for all of his "working" life.

Such honour, very integrity.

Nobody who lives on extorted money can have any remotely objective moral authority to comment or legislate on it.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:05 - 07 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Well, not entirely honest, remember the Virgin Trains, sitting on the floor fiasco.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:08 - 07 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I'll rephrase that, comes across as a more honest choice than most of the thieving , expense grabbing rich scum that make up out government. Laughing

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:14 - 07 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Alright, I'll rephrase that, comes across as a more honest choice than most of the thieving , expense grabbing rich scum that make up out government. Laughing

Thumbs Up Laughing Laughing

Sun Wukong
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:53 - 07 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Close tax loopholes, discourage productive people from setting up business/enterprise, lower tax take and less capital in the system.

Leave loopholes open, smug bastard hide all their money and barely contribute to the system... but all their employees do, as do the people they buy shiny things from.

This is their irritating logic.

Much like not putting put until marriage works really well if no body else puts out, but fails miserably the moment a few strumpets enter the population...

You want to stop tax avoidance... better not have any states that allow it for your money-producers to bugger off to.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:05 - 07 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Paradise Papers seem to me to be saying: "Rich people legally reduce their tax bills by moving their money offshore".

Um... didn't everybody already know that? What's the actual story?

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 12:18 - 07 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should all make it a primary aim to pay the least amount of tax legally possible. The government should be making budgets based on the minimum amount of tax received.

No need to talk about morality, donate some of your spare wealth to charity. In fact, even better have your donation taken out at source so you reduce your tax burden further.

Don’t forget, you can offset your charity donations through self assessment also.

To me, the paradise papers are a storm in a teacup. I can wager 90% of people on this site would not bat an eyelid at having a conservatory installed at a 20% discount by paying the builder in cash off the books.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Sun Wukong
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:54 - 07 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

One guy I follow advocates maximum tax avoidance... and then occasional acts of charity.

He, for instance, paid for a veterans top of the range leg prosthesis.

That is an alternative way to do it.

Tough to legislate for though Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 143 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6