BCF: Bike Chat Forums

1st trackday

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic : View next topic  

andyd87
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 16:34 - 24 Jun 2016    Post subject: 1st trackday Reply with quote

Looking for some advice regarding track days. I've just found out that I have won a track day at Rockingham in the novice group. I've been riding just under a year but feel confident enough to give it a go my only worry is I will look a plonker wobbling around on my GSR 600 and not a sports bike.

Is it normal for people to take bikes on a track day that are more suited to commuting that going fast round a track?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Blue_SV650S
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:44 - 24 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop worrying if you will look cool enough and go have some fun! Smile

If you find yourself getting some pace, you will look all the more awesome when you overtake a true wobbler on his fully spammed up GSXR1000 Smile

.Bishbash.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:31 - 24 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

You lucky *%#k

Yes it's normal, in fact, very normal. Don't worry about breaking records or looking good. Go out and enjoy the no police, no traffic, no hazards(ish),no traffic rules but MUCH fun days hoooonnnn.

I promise you it will make you grin ear to ear. It's the best place for you to properly learn how to ride a bike. You won't regret it.

techathy
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 22:23 - 24 Jun 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bishbash II wrote:
andyd87 wrote:
Is it normal for people to take bikes on a track day that are more suited to commuting that going fast round a track?
Yes it's normal, in fact, very normal. Don't worry about breaking records or looking good. Go out and enjoy the no police, no traffic, no hazards(ish),no traffic rules but MUCH fun days

^^ This. My R1200 RS looked like the S1000 RR compared to most bikes in the novice & intermediate groups.

Just get on track and enjoy your self.
AltimKing This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

groovylee
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:42 - 27 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

you'll be fine dude.

bishbash made me go in inters on my first ever bike track day. and i'm no racer, believe me.

i did fine. no kittens died, and Carvel didn't accidentally nearly collect me on his way through at speed......

there were all sorts of bikes there too, not just pointy sports bikes. i mean doovy took a zx6r. Wink

go, have fun (you will) and just enjoy the experience Thumbs Up

Current - 2002 Aprilia RSV1000R & 1999 Kawasaki ZX6R
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

skatefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:22 - 28 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

What day are you going on?
I've done a good 6-7 days now and will be down there on the 23'rd next month. If you're there I'll hold yr hand Laughing

Bonus, I'm on a seriously skanky looking 1998 CBR600F3 (seriously, it looks terrible!) and am in the 1980 disco leathers Thumbs Up .

I get all the looks Laughing

Doovy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:25 - 28 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

groovylee wrote:
there were all sorts of bikes there too, not just pointy sports bikes. i mean doovy took a zx6r. Wink

Looks pointy to me! Laughing

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14333787_10154550693629513_8864660169742790704_n.jpg?oh=278e32d9b93b8f287feccebc2a375928&oe=583A4FF1

Az
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:54 - 26 Oct 2016    Post subject: Re: 1st trackday Reply with quote

andyd87 wrote:
Looking for some advice regarding track days. I've just found out that I have won a track day at Rockingham in the novice group. I've been riding just under a year but feel confident enough to give it a go my only worry is I will look a plonker wobbling around on my GSR 600 and not a sports bike.

You'll be fine, I have a good friend who has a CB500 as his track bike.... you may laugh, but he sits in intermediates comfortably on his little 50~bhp machine.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:41 - 26 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well if you look a bit of a plonker wobbling around on your GSR, you'll still have fun. Mr. Green
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 154 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1