Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit negotiations

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:00 - 14 Jul 2016    Post subject: Brexit negotiations Reply with quote

Foreign Secretary: Boris Johnson

Am I the only one that things the Brexit negotiation team is actually a joke?

Honestly I can't stop laughing.

Quote:
Boris Johnson is a liar with his back to the wall, says French FM

Do you honestly beleive you can send a clown to the negotiations and win something?

Even seasoned US diplomats can't stop laughing about it (US state department spokesman hears the news):

https://www.smh.com.au/content/dam/images/g/q/5/b/c/d/image.related.articleLeadwide.620x349.gq5acb.png/1468503164983.jpg

I mean we are talking about this guy right? Laughing Laughing Laughing

https://i63.tinypic.com/73jvqc.jpg

On a serious note you can't compare the EU with Hitler and than expect ANYBODY to take you seriously.

Probably May wants somebody to take the fall after the disaster.

Anyhow I am doing this thread to keep the Brexit negotiations progress here, so you are welcome with your predictions.

Like:

Quote:
...the UK will leave the EU in 2020 and the edge of the solar system at 2050...

Last edited by Val on 14:47 - 17 Jul 2016; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:07 - 14 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=314195

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:12 - 14 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you still butthurt?

It's a very good team, who do you suggest is better for the roles in hand?

If you want a real joke, take a look at the fucking labour party, who can't even organise the rules to their own leadership contest, they are an actual embarrassment.
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:27 - 14 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

One minute the sore losers are bawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwing that Boris and other brexit campaigners were leaving office rather than seeing brexit through to the end, the next you're bawwwwing that they're part of the new cabinet that'll be dealing with brexit.

Make your mind up. Rolling Eyes
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:39 - 14 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever see Yes Minister? Politicians aren't the ones who make decisions, the civil service will steer and encourage politicians to make the 'right' decisions.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:53 - 14 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am stealing this from another forum Laughing

Quote:

So Thatcher meant Thatcherism Blair meant Blairisim and now.......Mayhem?

Thumbs Up

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:03 - 14 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sneak peek from the upcoming Brexit negotiations:

https://imoviequotes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/3-Three-Amigos-quotes.gif

And few more with the training before that Laughing

Cartoon of boris peeing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOivzoRc0I8

Brace yourself for the most funniest deal ever.

Suspect image edited to a link- stinkwheel

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:16 - 14 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brexit negotiations are done by Davis Davis, a hard line Brexiteer and strong civil rights advocate, not by Boris.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:36 - 14 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
Brexit negotiations are done by David Davis, a hard line Brexiteer and strong civil rights advocate, not by Boris.

End of thread? Praying

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:08 - 14 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good lord, still more butthurt.

There is no need to worry about trade deals, seriously no need whatsoever.

We buy more than we sell in the EU, so they will be falling over themselves to sort us out favourable terms. Only an 8yr old could fuck it up. So please, leave the politics to the politicians fs.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:17 - 14 Jul 2016    Post subject: Re: New PM, new government and the Brexit negotiations Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
I feel cheap. You always treat us as second best Val. We're just the copy and paste of your anti British TRC ramblings. It's becoming spam.

Spam you say? Since when people are searching all interweb forums to find spam?

I am glad you read all my posts in all forums. I feel valuable.

gorillaonabik...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 22:19 - 14 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
There is no need to worry about trade deals, seriously no need whatsoever.

We buy more than we sell in the EU, so they will be falling over themselves to sort us out favourable terms. Only an 8yr old could fuck it up. So please, leave the politics to the politicians fs.

The politicians fucked it up before Maastricht. They'll fuck it up again. I worked on import / export pre-Maastricht and too many British trade agreements were terrible.

Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

Just hope I'm wrong.
FZR400 (blown engine), ZXR750 (blown engine), ZX6R (accident), CBR600 which had engine issues after which I learned to change gear..., CBR900, CBR924 (stolen), CB600, CB1300 (everything blew up), BMW K1300GT (written off, hit from rear while stationary), Bandit 1250 for a couple of months, Triumph Sprint ST 1050 (nicked) and somewhere in there, I wrote off a Ducati 748 at Cadwell.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:13 - 14 Jul 2016    Post subject: Re: New PM, new government and the Brexit negotiations Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

I feel cheap. You always treat us as second best Val. We're just the copy and paste of your anti British TRC ramblings. It's becoming spam.

Third best. He posts the same drivel on the Fazer forum too.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:26 - 15 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

CD upped his game and got interesting to read, fancy trying yourself instead of just signalling, it is tedious or are you incapable?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 10:12 - 15 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tut Tut

That cartoon of Boris pissing is totally nsfw.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:57 - 17 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we go the latest Brexit news, cabinet clash over date to trigger Article 50 and Brexit talks :

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/16/cabinet-clash-over-date-to-trigger-article-50-and-brexit-talks/

What I cannot understand is how exactly this will work. Never mind when to trigger Article 50, the question is can Theresa May triggers it at all?

Last time I have checked the UK is parliamentary democracy. All important decisions must be approved by the parliament right?

What will happen when Theresa May puts triggering the Article 50 for approval and the MPs reject it?

INB4 there has been a referendum. So what? Come back when you have a majority in the parliament. UK is governed by the Parliament.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:00 - 17 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Here we go the latest Brexit news, cabinet clash over date to trigger Article 50 and Brexit talks :

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/16/cabinet-clash-over-date-to-trigger-article-50-and-brexit-talks/

What I cannot understand is how exactly this will work. Never mind when to trigger Article 50, the question is can Theresa May triggers it at all?

Last time I have checked the UK is parliamentary democracy. All important decisions must be approved by the parliament right?

What will happen when Theresa May puts triggering the Article 50 for approval and the MPs reject it?

INB4 there has been a referendum. So what? Come back when you have a majority in the parliament. UK is governed by the Parliament.

Important decisions do not require Parliamentary approval. Primary legislation requires Parliamentary approval. Declaring article 50 does not require a vote from the Parliament. Repealing the European Communities Act does, but the Parliament will waive it through because the government obtained a mandate from the people to leave the EU. The Parliament could ignore the mandate, but doing so weakens their own authority as their own authority exists entirely due to election mandate. It's the same reason why the government avoids breaking the law, if they don't respect it, why should you? There will be a LOT of huffing and puffing about blocking Brexit, but when it comes down to it, they WILL vote it though.

Want an example? Take the EU Referendum Act itself!
MPs voting in favour: 544
MPs voting against: 53

Everyone except the SNP.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:16 - 17 Jul 2016    Post subject: Re: Brexit negotiations Reply with quote

Val wrote:
you are welcome with your predictions.

I predict even more people will get fed up with you saying the same shit over and over again Wink

Val, relax. Let the politicians do their jobs, we all just deal with the aftermath as best we can anyway.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:55 - 17 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on, he tried with that one lol give him a break. Any more stupid memes though Tut Tut

chickenstrip wrote:
Val, relax. Let the politicians do their jobs, we all just deal with the aftermath as best we can anyway.

Thumbs Up

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:27 - 17 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:

Important decisions do not require Parliamentary approval. Primary legislation requires Parliamentary approval. Declaring article 50 does not require a vote from the Parliament.

Yet constitutional lawyers say:

Quote:
Prime Minister is unable to issue a declaration under Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty – triggering our withdrawal from the European Union – without having been first authorised to do so by an Act of the United Kingdom Parliament.

https://ukconstitutionallaw.org/2016/06/27/nick-barber-tom-hickman-and-jeff-king-pulling-the-article-50-trigger-parliaments-indispensable-role/

Lets wait this one and see what happens Very Happy

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:50 - 17 Jul 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
...constitutional lawyers say:

Take your pick from that same website:

https://ukconstitutionallaw.org/?s=article+50

Maybe this is why Gove said people were tired of "experts."

Yes, let's see what happens.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 255 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 1 of 56