Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit negotiations

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:49 - 03 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
The problem is that Theresa is seeking to renegotiate Britain's membership of the EU, but the referendum result was to leave. In the referendum the other choice was not "remain", it was "renegotiate Britain's membership of the EU". It was a vote on a deal, and the people said NO.

She is not "renegotiating". Mr Cameron tried that, and got nothing.

The referendum result was indeed to leave. We are leaving, on March 29th. at 11 p.m.

The "deal" is a separate thing. I'm not going to argue with you, or that other chap, who I notice did not comment on my bit about what the BBC said in his referenced article. As I said, it's all in the White Paper. Like that, "Perhaps he didn't read it".
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:02 - 03 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another summary of the common rulebook from chequers

https://youtu.be/fpiCuSW3lrE?t=1m50s

Ends at 3:20 Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:05 - 03 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Riejufixing wrote:
There cannot be a "concise description of the main points". The White Paper is a policy document, setting out proposals for legislation. It *IS* concise.

Great. Lovely bit of white noise. I don't want a concise description, I want bullet points.

You don't want a concise description, you want breast-feeding. That's why, as I said, you're on your own.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:14 - 03 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
Almost every provision begins with a tough statement on opting out, then follows with a more subtle, complex statement ambiguously talking about a "sovereign choice" to, in short, opt back in.

No. To pick just the first thing that you imposed your dogmatic thinking on, although it's only a part of the preamble to the Paper (in the executive summary):

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
2. participation by the UK in key agencies, including Europol and Eurojust. share expertise and information. officers and legal experts working in close proximity. – accepting the rules of these agencies and contributing to their costs. EU police offers still able to police in the UK

We participate in them. It does not mean we are fully part of them. To learn more, you need to read further. Chapter 2 (Security Partnership) explains more. If you wwant to cut to the chase, go to item 55 on page 66, although you really should look at the document generally, and go through to 57.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:14 - 03 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
Im-a-Ridah wrote:
The problem is that Theresa is seeking to renegotiate Britain's membership of the EU, but the referendum result was to leave. In the referendum the other choice was not "remain", it was "renegotiate Britain's membership of the EU". It was a vote on a deal, and the people said NO.

She is not "renegotiating". Mr Cameron tried that, and got nothing.

The referendum result was indeed to leave. We are leaving, on March 29th. at 11 p.m.

The "deal" is a separate thing. I'm not going to argue with you, or that other chap, who I notice did not comment on my bit about what the BBC said in his referenced article. As I said, it's all in the White Paper. Like that, "Perhaps he didn't read it".

Absolutely! Britain is leaving the European Union on March 29th! It will cease to be a member of the EU and will take up its rightful place as a strong powerful independent country!

In keeping with Britain's commitment to ensuring continuity of government, trade and standards a new agreement will be negotiated between the EU and Britain in which Britain will, as a sovereign, independent nation state with a very big willy, continue to implement the spirit and substance of policy and regulatory aspects of mutual benefit as defined by the commonly agreed proposal by EU with some small amendments where the strong independent sovereign state is permitted to have such amendments on a take it or reword it basis.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:21 - 03 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
ow explain why can't the bullet points on trade, immigration and EU laws and legislation have not been made public.

Why don't magicians explain how the trick works before performing the trick? Thinking

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:59 - 03 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

I don’t get that?

What i’ on about is we’re being told this is the deal or nothing by May and to chuck the deal by others.

It would be nice if the public could have a basic set of what the deal entails on the major points, instead of burying it in bullshit and expecting the public and other members of government to just trust Remainer May to deliver the Leave people expect.

What I mean is that its a crappy deal which keeps us in the EU, so it's in their interest to play some kind of disappearing magic tragic to make us think it's about leaving when it isn't.

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 08:40 - 04 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

It would be nice if the public could have a basic set of what the deal entails on the major points, instead of burying it in bullshit and expecting the public and other members of government to just trust Remainer May to deliver the Leave people expect.

Genuine question, Have any members of the government or the opposition for that matter complained that they don't understand what's in the chequers deal? I've not been hearing it in the soundbites etc.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:08 - 07 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me post that again for the hard of reading. Note unicorns and Chequers deal are imaginary animals.

Also nobody is negotiating trade deals at the moment. What has been negotiated is the Withdrawal agreement and NI backstop solution.

The trade deal actuall negotiations will start when the UK is 3rd country after 29 March 2019 as per EU guidelines which I have posted here about zillion times already.

Here are all the options for the said future trade deal which needs to be completed until Dec 2020 when the transition agreement will finish:

https://i.imgur.com/po0wzmY.jpg

As Ford has once said UK can have any deal as soon as it is black or made in France:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/oct/07/macron-woos-uk-car-firms-over-private-dinner

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:20 - 07 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boo fucking hoo.

There's no need to repost stuff, we heard you the first time but didn't bothered replying because we don't care about stuff you copied & pasted.

How do you know that nobody is negotiating trade deals at the moment?

Stop harping on about no deal, go read the news to find out the latest. Thumbs Up

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:10 - 07 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
How do you know that nobody is negotiating trade deals at the moment?

We are negotiating trade deals at the moment, formally with the EU, and "informally" with others. We have already signed Memorandums of Understanding with various parties. It's good.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:22 - 08 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus.... What a load of old tut. BNP are you honestly suggesting that you would like an opinion on what is being negotiated, because that sounds a tad close to a (dare I say it...) vote......

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:24 - 08 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Jesus.... What a load of old tut. BNP are you honestly suggesting that you would like an opinion on what is being negotiated, because that sounds a tad close to a (dare I say it...) vote......

I'd quite happily have a vote on chequers or no deal. That's fine.

However remain cannot be an option on the voting slip, we've done that one already.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 09:20 - 08 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chequers deal isn't going to happen which is a good thing since it's a half arsed effort at Brexit.

A more agreeable deal will be reached.

We're already had a referendum about Brexit so let's just get on with deporting Val. Thumbs Up

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:21 - 08 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
To be fair, Chequers isn't really leaving the EU

To be fair, though, as you have said, you haven't read it and don't understand it.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:53 - 08 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

A more agreeable deal will be reached.

We're already had a referendum about Brexit so let's just get on with deporting Val. Thumbs Up

Quote:
"I'm moderate, but now seeing how neo-fascit Brexit destroys NHS, people are literally dying,we lost £500m a week,& we'll lose all our freedoms in Europe, Scotland and NI,& how all brextremists like Mogg money run abroad, I've decided to support Brexit."

~Said UK patriot never.

Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 195 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 50 of 56