Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit negotiations

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:44 - 01 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Jewlio Rides Again wrote:

Employing English workers on good wages, and keeping shipbuilders, engineers and industry going?

Oh, I see, ship building doesn't employ cheap migrants from Europe then, or is it just the part suppliers who don't?

Quote:
More than a dozen workers contacted the Record to express fury at the lack of quality shipbuilding jobs in Scotland at a time when there should be full employment. They believe that cut price contracts, exploiting workers from Romania and Poland, are blocking Scots from taking jobs on the project, which is scheduled to last for five more years.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/scores-govan-shipbuilders-facing-axe-5676486

Cut price contracts eh? Imagine how much it would cost to use British products? Laughing

We were involved in the supply of parts for one of the carriers; I was at the yard when they were moving one of the sections that was built - Quite amazing how they moved something, even though they had to shut the yard down to visitors whilst they did it, and remove all the fencing due to the size Laughing

The local yard to me, there's a handful of fitters etc. who I've met who are foreign. PS> I said ENGLISH, Scottish is not English. Tut Tut
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:48 - 02 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's take a moment to congratulate Zac Goldsmith for his astonishingly childish display of hubris that's resulted in the loss of a vital Brexit vote in the Commons.

Having run on precisely the same eco-loon virtue-signalling anti-progress NIMBY platform as Sally LibDem, the only thing separating them was Brexit, and Richmond was 70 / 30 for Remoan.

What exactly did the prat think was going to happen? It's astonishing that the vote was even that close.

Nice but dim, is about the best I can say about him. Brick Wall

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:22 - 02 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Let's take a moment to congratulate Zac Goldsmith for his astonishingly childish display of hubris that's resulted in the loss of a vital Brexit vote in the Commons.

Having run on precisely the same eco-loon virtue-signalling anti-progress NIMBY platform as Sally LibDem, the only thing separating them was Brexit, and Richmond was 70 / 30 for Remoan.

What exactly did the prat think was going to happen? It's astonishing that the vote was even that close.

Seems to tell me alot of people couldn't give a shit about remaining in the EU

73k in Richmond voted to remain in the referendum, but only 20k voted for lib dems, i know the boundaries were abit different from either votes, but that's a massive difference if they want to paint it as a vote on brexit, and zac didn't have the Tory machine there to get the vote out.

Apparently Zac didn't even employ a campaign staff and his office was often locked
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:42 - 02 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Good news is I can't wait for Theresa May losing her seat. She is in remain constituency Thumbs Up

I hope Lib-dems decimate Tories and Labour on the next election. Good luck to Tories and Labour of getting all the UKIPs votes. May, Corbyn, Davis, Watson and McDonnel deserve all the UKIP votes.

Quote:

Sarah Olney: Our message is clear: We do not want a ‘hard Brexit’; we do not want to be pulled out of the Single Market; and we will not let intolerance, division and fear win.

Apparently democracy works.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:04 - 02 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Apparently democracy works.

Sure, everyone's in favour of the particular version of it that works to their advantage.

I prefer to think of it as showing that nearly half of the constituency chose "none of the above".

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:17 - 02 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twice I heard two different Lib Dems refer to the Tories as the Brexit party on BBC news this morning.
It's like they have been instructed to use that specific language in some kind of party internal bulletin.
As far as I can tell, most of the Tories of note were still trying to flog remain right up to the wire.
The Liberally Desperates really are milking this very small victory, but I doubt it's the first sign of a Lib Dem upsurge. Laughing

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:10 - 02 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one wish them the best of luck running on a national platform of "moar immigration, a migrant in every stair cupboard". They can vie with the Corbynistas to virtue-signal the hardest, see how that works out for them.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:15 - 02 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never voted but I didn't get the right result for my political leanings. Can I demand a recount?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:36 - 02 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

The local yard to me, there's a handful of fitters etc. who I've met who are foreign. PS> I said ENGLISH, Scottish is not English. Tut Tut

But the parts suppliers only employ English workers though? Wink

There's a couple of scousers, if they count?

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:54 - 02 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Most in Richmond voted remain as they thought Brexit would mean their skiing holidays and nanny costs would go up. Wink

This is precisely it.

I'm on my wee winter trip to Beijing now, sat in Amsterdam airport and I started getting all these feelings about how it would be 'so much nicer' to just be in the EU and even join the Euro Shocked just because it would make it all so much smoother and cohesive, for me, right now.

But it's an incredibly selfish and short sighted outlook based entirely on my immediate personal circumstances which are nothing more than a desire to make holidaying easier, thus completely neglecting the reality for those back home.

I think this is how remainers see things. It's just 'nice' to be together, for lardy dar holiday trips and having friends that you can move and live with at any point if you want. Highly selfish thinking. I do wonder how many Brits - specially remainers - will ever make even the slightest use of the things they promote the EU for, namely being able to work and live freely in Europe. Apparently only 2% of the country so far...

"BUT IT'S WHAT 49% OF US WANT!" Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:53 - 02 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

I think he assumed the people of Richmond wouldn't come over all Scottish, and forget what the election was actually about. Still going from mayoral candidate to the job centre within a year is spectacular Clapping

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:49 - 02 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
mpd72 wrote:

Most in Richmond voted remain as they thought Brexit would mean their skiing holidays and nanny costs would go up. Wink

This is precisely it.

I'm on my wee winter trip to Beijing now, sat in Amsterdam airport and I started getting all these feelings about how it would be 'so much nicer' to just be in the EU and even join the Euro Shocked just because it would make it all so much smoother and cohesive, for me, right now.

But it's an incredibly selfish and short sighted outlook based entirely on my immediate personal circumstances which are nothing more than a desire to make holidaying easier, thus completely neglecting the reality for those back home.

I think this is how remainers see things. It's just 'nice' to be together, for lardy dar holiday trips and having friends that you can move and live with at any point if you want. Highly selfish thinking. I do wonder how many Brits - specially remainers - will ever make even the slightest use of the things they promote the EU for, namely being able to work and live freely in Europe. Apparently only 2% of the country so far...

"BUT IT'S WHAT 49% OF US WANT!" Laughing

They banged on about young people being able to find work in the EU easily if we remained and move around where ever they want, dunno which EU they're talking about though as the one i know has mass youth unemployment

Freedom of movement is great, if it doesn't apply to your home country
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:59 - 02 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol at the Lib Dems joy. Zac Goldsmith failed to oppose his own government over a major and key local issue and then he quit the party, so he lost votes among those who supported that cause and then lost the rest who simply wanted to vote Tory. There was no Tory candidate, Labour in Richmond didn't stand a chance and the rest were independents and official loonies. Little to do with Brexit.

Full result:
Sarah Olney (Liberal Democrats) - 20,510
Zac Goldsmith (Independent) - 18,638
Christian Wolmar (Labour Party) - 1,515
Howling Laud Hope (The Official Monster Raving Loony Party) - 184
Fiona Natasha Syms, (Independent) - 173
Dominic Francis Stockford, (Christian Peoples Alliance) - 164
Maharaja Jammu and Kashmir (One Love Party) - 67
David Powell - 32
Turnout = 53.6%
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38184119
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:17 - 02 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/739106/Sarah-Olney-radio-interview-Julia-Hartley-Brewer

Laughing
All godawful bucktoothed smile and no substance. That took all of a few hours to find her out. Good job her handler stepped in.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:54 - 02 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/739106/Sarah-Olney-radio-interview-Julia-Hartley-Brewer

Laughing
All godawful bucktoothed smile and no substance. That took all of a few hours to find her out. Good job her handler stepped in.

Hah, beat me to it.

Bolted straight for her Safe Space, where I expect she'll stay for the next 4 3 1/2 years.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:12 - 02 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Howling Laud Hope (The Official Monster Raving Loony Party) - 184
Fiona Natasha Syms, (Independent) - 173
Dominic Francis Stockford, (Christian Peoples Alliance) - 164
Maharaja Jammu and Kashmir (One Love Party) - 67
David Powell - 32

Why do these people bother? Confused

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:43 - 03 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because we live in a country which allows them to?

gorillaonabik...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 00:54 - 03 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Lol at the Lib Dems joy. Zac Goldsmith failed to oppose his own government over a major and key local issue and then he quit the party, so he lost votes among those who supported that cause and then lost the rest who simply wanted to vote Tory. There was no Tory candidate, Labour in Richmond didn't stand a chance and the rest were independents and official loonies. Little to do with Brexit.

The Lib Dems campaigned on Remain and won with a swing of 23,000 on this basis. Richmond is the biggest Remain borough in the country and why the hell else would anyone vote Lib Dem at the moment?

In Witney, David Cameron's former constituency, a Tory margin of 25,000 was cut to just 5,000.

But I'm under no illusions as Richmond isn't representative of Brexit territory outside the M25.
FZR400 (blown engine), ZXR750 (blown engine), ZX6R (accident), CBR600 which had engine issues after which I learned to change gear..., CBR900, CBR924 (stolen), CB600, CB1300 (everything blew up), BMW K1300GT (written off, hit from rear while stationary), Bandit 1250 for a couple of months, Triumph Sprint ST 1050 (nicked) and somewhere in there, I wrote off a Ducati 748 at Cadwell.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:04 - 03 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not free. It costs money, which with their vote share (and even labours) they lose.

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 04:58 - 03 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
I do wonder how many Brits - specially remainers - will ever make even the slightest use of the things they promote the EU for, namely being able to work and live freely in Europe.

It's a bit like asking how many sportsbike owners really wind it up to 160mph. It's good to have the possibility, even if you don't use it.

Also, it isn't about being able to live and work in Europe. You're talking about professionals in Richmond, not bricklayers in Leeds. You can do the work from just about anywhere, but the work often involves a project with a pan-EU company and a pan-EU team. That becomes risky for the company once the UK is out of the EU, and working to a different set of laws.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:17 - 03 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

It's not free. It costs money, which with their vote share (and even labours) they lose.

500 quid deposit which you lose if you don't get 5% of the vote

was wondering how the monster raving looneys afford it as they're usually at every vote
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:05 - 03 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

I never said it didn't cost money. You said why do they bother.

Some people spend their money on coke and whores. Some people just blow that money on something they have no chance of winning. No different to spending it on the lottery, really.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 143 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 36 of 56