Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Silverstone GP circuit 12th october ?119 few places left

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page 1, 2  Next
 View related event: SILVERSTONE trackday (12 Oct) View previous topic : View next topic  

gsxrboy
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 01:54 - 25 Aug 2004    Post subject: Silverstone GP circuit 12th october £119 few places left Reply with quote

I ain't missing a GP for less than a ton.......weather might be ok...I live in hope Very Happy
I'll be booking in to the noddy or intermediate group as will about 10 of my mates with at least 2 bike cams!!
If a few of you need a place to stay I can offer camping and a BBQ about 1 mile from the circuit with a secure lock up for about 10 - 15 bikes.

Date Tue 12 Oct 2004
Venue Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit
Type Bike
Organiser 100% Bikes
ATDO Member? Yes
Status Firm
Cost £99
Places/Remaining
Groups 3
Noise Limit 105dba
Instructors? Yes

Already booked,

Gsxrboy
Korn
Jay12329
Bendy
Maurice

Going to book/thinking about it....

Dusty
Shaun
G
Wave 2k

Think thats right anyway, correct me if I'm wrong!

Alex

Last edited by gsxrboy on 00:18 - 10 Sep 2004; edited 1 time in total

Dusty
King of the Rim

PostPosted: 16:32 - 25 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds very tempting, I'll have to see how money is nearer the time and if they have any places left. I'm doing the one on the 8/9, so will also see how much I like the track, but this does sounds like a bargain. Thumbs Up

Will also have to hope/pray that someone is towing a partially empty trailer in that direction on the day. Praying Or ride the Bros. Laughing

gsxrboy
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 01:05 - 06 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the one this wednesday will be fantastic weather!! I may even pop up and say hello. I have some bad news..... the price is now £109 for the 12th october but still a damn lot for the money so what the hell. There is about 15 of us booked on so far and it is mostly full in the noddy group but ring and see. I cant wait to see what the gsxr has to offer on a car free playground!!

Dusty
King of the Rim

PostPosted: 01:53 - 06 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully see you Wednesday. Thumbs Up

Hopefully I'll get some money from somewhere before October.

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 13:35 - 09 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very few places left, and it's £119 now. Because there's the possibility of rain I've booked into inters, don't want to get stuck out with the fast boys on a wet track! Shocked

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 13:49 - 09 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i'm up for it. Inters or novice, I'll try inters then change if i need to. Count me as booked then.
J
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 14:28 - 09 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offence jay but I don't think your quick enough for inters yet, Korn and G were quick but there was a few out there quicker than them. In my opinion you'll be better off in novice then move up if you need to.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 15:08 - 09 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the first couple of sessions I only got overtaken by two people;Korn and someone with custom leathers with what appeared to be a racing nick name / sponsers. He was on an orange GSXR1000 (I think). I followed him for a bit and noticed that he looked quite calm and had a very good style. I went past him after a bit and about half a lap later he got past me and buggered off; did try and keep up, but didn't really have a chance; he was definitely a much better and faster rider than me.
Of course there may have been a lot of faster people that I didn't see due to the length of the track.

For this one I'll be booking into fast (presuming I can get a place when I have some money). There were a lot of people that were a lot slower than us.
I was (generally) trying to take the overtake's a bit easy, especially going into corners... which Korn took advanatage of a couple of times when I was sitting behind somebody not sure when they were going to brake and he got or a better view and went past both of us (or that's my excuse anyway Very Happy ... and I think I got Korn in a similar fashion once)

I didn't see Jay riding much so can't really comment however; were you getting past 75% of people; or at least going faster in the corners than most?
To be honest you would probably be ok in inters whatever, especially initially as you will know the track better than those that have done it before. If not, you can always change, as you said.

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 15:30 - 09 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaun wrote:
No offence jay but I don't think your quick enough for inters yet, Korn and G were quick but there was a few out there quicker than them. In my opinion you'll be better off in novice then move up if you need to.

He should be ok, there were a lot of people in inters going very slow. There's usually a wide range of abilities in the middle group, but you don't get as many of the newbie first timer "lads" who can't handle their bikes properly and take dangerous lines and try dodgy overtakes - so in a way it's actually safer.

I only booked in inters again 'cos there's a real possibility it may rain, and I've never done a track day in the wet so I reckon I would be fairly slow. If the weather is nice though I'm going to ask to move after the first session, hedge my bets this way I reckon Razz

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 15:38 - 09 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going inters cus i found I was only being overtaken on the straits, in corners I was going much faster than most and most of the time I was being held up by the munchkin who had just done me on the power. Good example of this in me going round the outside of a blade on the fast left hander just before the slow section at the end of the lap. If indeed I am in the way I will move.
J
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 15:50 - 09 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm booked.

Mister Egg doesn't like you Kornel. Nor does Mister Holiday Allowance. Laughing

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 16:24 - 09 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korn; not been on a track day in the wet, but have been at an ACU test day (the actual test day, not the newbie-get-your-licence day.
Some were going ffaster that I was in the dry with their tyre warmers and brand new wets.
Others were only pootling around a bit faster than me, so doubt it'll be a problem, especially with 72 people in a group and a big wide open track.
The slower people in inters will now be even slower and people such as ourselves will also be in fast Smile.

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 16:43 - 09 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, ok. I was just trying to be sensible dammit Razz

Inters has now sold out anyway so if somebody comes along wanting an inters place I can give them mine. There are more than 9 places left in novice and more than 9 in fast (100pc's website only goes up to 9 Rolling Eyes).

Wave2k
G's Stalker

PostPosted: 17:05 - 09 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

im REALLY temped,
shaun u should do this too?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 17:16 - 09 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

wave2k wrote:
shaun u should do this too?

I'm working on it!

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 17:59 - 09 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a tuesday damnit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

EuropeanNC30R...
Gay Hairdresser

PostPosted: 19:07 - 09 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Booked it.

Dusty
King of the Rim

PostPosted: 20:33 - 09 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might have that inters place off you if you still have it by the time I get money Korn. Smile

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 01:08 - 10 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it bendy is in novices, no cat fights then! Sad
J

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 09:19 - 10 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed.

Although I was overtaking more people each session, I'm not moving up until I'm noticably overtaking the majority. Got no desire to be one of the slowest people in the next group up.

Plus it's probably going to rain. Confused

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 10:46 - 10 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

It isnt going to rain be confident!
J

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 11:21 - 10 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't one of the ones who went running into the pits at Cadwell when it poured down. Razz

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 11:45 - 10 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendy wrote:
poured down. Razz

Yeah that would be the phrase. Poured down it didnt just rain! Smile And you were only 1 lap behind me. Wink
J

Shaun
Likes 'em bent

PostPosted: 12:24 - 10 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

/me shakes fist at Bendy

Don't you be mocking me, I went back to the pits because I really needed the toilet due to seeing all this water everywhere around me suddenly.

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 12:38 - 29 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've now swapped to the fast group so there's an open place in inters if anybody hasn't booked yet. Novices is sold out and fast has 2 places left.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 215 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2