BCF: Bike Chat Forums

2017 R6 according to "Sources in Japan"

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

notbike
Formerly known as
notabikeranymore

PostPosted: 16:55 - 10 Aug 2016    Post subject: 2017 R6 according to "Sources in Japan" Reply with quote

Can anyone find other sources saying the same thing? There's always photoshopped things like this floating around.

https://www.morebikes.co.uk/2017-yamaha-r6-image-appears-japan-looks-amazing/

Imo it looks fugly as hell.
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

J4mes
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:15 - 10 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Socket wrote:
I like it.

More or less than your old one?

almostthere
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:51 - 10 Aug 2016    Post subject: R6 Reply with quote

I like it think it looks better than the 2016 model with 130 bhp should be interesting if they've kept the weight down Smile
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Alex A
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:44 - 11 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be amazed if that materialises. The photo is just a mash-up of existing R1 and R6 bits:

R1: Mirrors, headlights, engine casing, front wheel, front suspension, front fender, front brakes, rear wheel, rear swingarm, rear hugger, rear subframe, tail fairing, numberplate bracket, rearsets, pillion pegs, sidestand, quickshifter, bars, bar ends, levers.

R6: Frame, tank, lower fairing, air intake.

The side fairings are photoshopped between the existing R1 and R6, with some inventive stuff going on with the top fairing.

If all that isn't a giveaway, what are the odds of any EURO4 sportsbike appearing without a giant catalytic converter in front of the back wheel?

The latest from PB is that Yamaha will retain the existing model into 2017 and not redevelop it. There is apparently an allowance for a small percentage of any manufacturer's imports to remain non-compliant with EURO4 (so long as they're existing products).

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:48 - 11 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might look nicer in just the one colour rather than the 'cool' graphics that make it look too busy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:51 - 29 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read that in some magazine can't remember which one.

And these "pictures" are floating around the net from 6 months.

https://motorbikewriter.com/2017-yamaha-r6-leaked/

I like it and hope Yamaha will do it. Using the IMU from R1 Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 17:06 - 30 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be very surprised if yamaha put any serious development into the R6 now as the 600cc sportsbike sales wise has pretty much fallen on its arse. Sure there is sales figures on here somewhere saying they sold summin like 12 R6's in the entire uk new last year?
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:11 - 06 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTOWDhUabdY&feature=share

faffergotgunz
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 11:35 - 06 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigT19 wrote:
Would be very surprised if yamaha put any serious development into the R6 now as the 600cc sportsbike sales wise has pretty much fallen on its arse. Sure there is sales figures on here somewhere saying they sold summin like 12 R6's in the entire uk new last year?

Why have the sales fallen for 600s? Just interested...

Doovy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:48 - 06 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

faffergotgunz wrote:

Probably the new licencing laws removing a lot of youngsters out the market who would have been able to jump straight on a full power 600 at 19 (or a 33bhp one at 17).

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:18 - 07 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

faffergotgunz wrote:

I think it's got to the stage it's too damn easy to lose your licence. Cameras everywhere. Police on all the biking roads in summer. The older generation with money going to adventure bikes and finding that they can ride just as fast on them as hunched over on a sports bike.

Many reasons and if they don't sell in Europe, they aren't selling anywhere.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:41 - 08 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

New R6 is getting launched at the Milan show. Was originally scheduled for Cologne last week, but Yamaha delayed it. (I guess because of Fireblade and GSXR launches).

notbike
Formerly known as
notabikeranymore

PostPosted: 08:55 - 08 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah apparently it'll be revealed on the 13th, so this coming Thursday. Fuck it though, I'm heading up to a Yamaha dealership today to grab one of the last new 2016 models in the colour I want.

My logic is I'll be more gutted if the 2017 R6 is disappointing and I can't get a new 2016, vs if the 2017 R6 is amazing and I've got a 2016 anyway.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:00 - 08 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meef wrote:
Yeah apparently it'll be revealed on the 13th, so this coming Thursday. Fuck it though, I'm heading up to a Yamaha dealership today to grab one of the last new 2016 models in the colour I want.

My logic is I'll be more gutted if the 2017 R6 is disappointing and I can't get a new 2016, vs if the 2017 R6 is amazing and I've got a 2016 anyway.

There must be pre-reg stock kicking around. I'm sure a lot of dealers will want to punt out the last of the 2016 bikes as they'll want the room for the 2017 bikes.

notbike
Formerly known as
notabikeranymore

PostPosted: 09:13 - 08 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wafer_Thin_Ham wrote:
I'm sure a lot of dealers will want to punt out the last of the 2016 bikes as they'll want the room for the 2017 bikes.

Precisely this, going to grab this 0 miles one for £8k. New ones go for £9.7k. I guess that 1.7k difference covers the loss when trading in the Ninja Very Happy

All of the other dealers I rang don't have any 2016 models anymore, so kind of lucky to find this one. It's two hours away so not too far.

talkToTheHat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:23 - 09 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

The price of a hardcore 600 was converging on that of a hardcore 1000 to the point where there was nothing between them, and bigger engined more versatile bikes can be found for less money.

Nakeds and adventure bikes are more fashionable. Less hardcore 600s were replaced by more relaxed 650 or larger engines or more licence friendly 300/500 A2 oriented bikes. When only the hardcore 600s were left the class looked a bit top-heavy. I should point out that in the heyday of the class, one could go divvy -> fazer -> thundercat/r6 or bandit -> katana -> gsxr all within the 600s. I suspect similar was possible with other manufacturers but i don't know the lineups well enough.

MT-09 and change or R6 as a daily ride?

Loui5D
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:07 - 13 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-bikes/2016/october/2017-yamaha-yzf-r6-revealed/

Do not like that exhaust.

notbike
Formerly known as
notabikeranymore

PostPosted: 17:31 - 13 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the upgrades on the new R6.

Traction Control, Quickshifter, ABS, New brakes, New forks.

HATE the new front end styling, and dislike the aluminium tank (i like tank bags for convenience sometimes).

I'm glad I got the 2016 now, because all those electronics/parts can be bought, but the old styling can't be bolted onto a 2017.

Probably the only one out of all of them that I'll ever get is the quickshifter anyway.

It weighs a claimed 190kg wet. No bhp/torque figures released yet.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:39 - 13 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loui5D wrote:

Looks like a bit of tubing left behind by a builder. As someone not really into sporty bikes I'm always surprised by just how heavy they're.

J4mes
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:45 - 13 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Headlights under the front look gopping. Thumbs Down

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:57 - 13 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a sports bike fan but I think that looks pretty good (dump the exhaust though).

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 22:36 - 13 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meef wrote:

It weighs a claimed 190kg wet. No bhp/torque figures released yet.

Only 10kg less than claimed weight of the R1.

Dropping the cat should save a chunk on both.

https://images.mcn.bauercdn.com/PageFiles/592074/1000x750/2017_Yamaha_YZF-R6_09.jpg

Still don't 'get' the design of the road bike at all - except that it looks like they made a really decent track bike and thought "oh yea, it needs lights, doesn't it!" ... I did wonder if that was the whole point on the R1.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 195 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2