Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Black Lives Matter.....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 182, 183, 184  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:02 - 24 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
doggone wrote:

Isn't that the opposite of what was intended.

Critical Race Theory intends to "raise racial profile", the opposite of what is needed if we wish to get rid of racism. So no, not the opposite of what is intended - racism is intended.

Don't expect those espousing these evil ideas to be logical, or to discuss them with sensible people. That is not the aim.

Everyone needs to stop being snowflakes, on all sides.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:12 - 24 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Hamilton in the news:

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/12080000/lewis-hamilton-pledges-to-make-a-change-in-motorsport-representation-through-hamilton-commission?fbclid=IwAR2pjf_bts8nzoL_ThPdwlrPo-wvT72zvONvy81zstxVLm0lOd-bETr30VQ

Determined to find the reasons - thought you already knew the reasons Lewis?

It's daft this is. Only 3% are BAME and 12% are women. So what? Lewis is evidence aplenty that black people can achieve in motorsport if they so desire to, and there's an entire race series dedicated to the promotion of female drivers in motorsport these days.

Does it have to be oppression, or could it just be choice?

I was thinking this through a little more and thought I wonder whether there's a piece in the background that says F1 is a no-go if you've not got the relevant degree and that black people are under-represented in universities.

Found this - eye opening:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50377708193_ed286f5799.jpg

Participation in universities overall has fallen through the deck but BAME % against population has grown whilst white % has dropped.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:18 - 24 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trump has taken steps to get rid of CRT from federal institutions and contractors to such. I think that is a correct move.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:40 - 24 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

Everyone needs to stop being snowflakes, on all sides.

There is an ideological war going on, mostly in the US, but here too. It is not snowflakery on either side, but is deadly serious - has been in many cases literally deadly serious. Just because one doesn't follow it closely, doesn't mean it is not happening, and ideological wars in small parts of a population can quickly overspill into wider society. Everyone in the US said, "oh, this is just happening in a few universities, and it will just fizzle out there". Tell people who live in Portland or Seattle or Chicago or Kenosha etc etc that it has just fizzled out in the universities where it started.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:46 - 24 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRcOgA5_iXc

LOL

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:59 - 24 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wiki on Critical Race Theory is interesting. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_race_theory

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:19 - 24 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone could only point out to me where our laws and institutions, or those of the US, are actually racist? I mean, I see that there are people with racist views within those institutions and elsewhere, but they seem to me to be in a very small minority, and I just can't find where anything mandates that they be so.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:07 - 24 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
If someone could only point out to me where our laws and institutions, or those of the US, are actually racist? I mean, I see that there are people with racist views within those institutions and elsewhere, but they seem to me to be in a very small minority, and I just can't find where anything mandates that they be so.

Maybe read the research done by the academics who study this stuff?

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:27 - 24 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like maybe Peggy's paper on White Privilege that had absolutely no peer review?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:29 - 24 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for fun: name a real nice, safe, prosperous country in the world with no white ppl.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:03 - 24 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Maybe read the research done by the academics who study this stuff?

Lol. Academics are half the problem. Where do you think this stuff is coming from? However, feel free to post some examples of what these 'academics' are saying. And why they are saying it, if you think you can explain that.

Academia eh?:

https://reaction.life/its-time-to-cull-and-reform-our-sham-woke-universities/

Quote:
Years ago, an American commentator described North American campuses as “small, ivy-covered North Koreas”. The same now applies to Britain. It is not just a case of scuffles in quadrangles: the totalitarian “woke” culture has devastated the academic curriculum. To take just one example, in 2018 Oxford University’s philosophy department, in order to attract more women students, instructed its “diversity and equality officer” to compose a new reading list comprising 40 per cent female authors. Since the classical canon of philosophy was overwhelmingly male, serious philosophers had to be displaced to make way for unknown women.

Oh, and please don't come up with the book "Anti Racist Baby", or I might have to hit you with "My First Little Book of Intersectional Activism" - and I mean literally hit you over the head with it, since if you read it, you'd probably take it as a serious academic study Laughing

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:16 - 24 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
There's always more to a story than you initially hear.

I didn't realise the lady's boyfriend shot and wounded a cop first, mistakenly thinking her ex had broken in. It was never going to end well after that.

The police had a no-knock warrant (they say that although they had that warrant they still shouted they were coming in, neighbours are disputing that) and they were looking for the boyfriend that she had split up with two years previously. If you are the type that sleep's with a gun under the pillow, are woken abruptly by shouting and people in your house -one of whom you think might be your g/f's nutty ex-boyfriend drug dealer - what are you going to do?

Now, if that were the same entry and shooting circumstances but you are a white couple it'd be viewed here along the same lines as the Tony Martin case was in the UK. Doesn't matter whether it's the pikeys or the state storming your property here, the Castle doctrine is written into law. It would be the 2nd amendment crowd and anti-government types that would be kicking up a stink about the inalienable right of a yank to defend their own property using force, rather than the don't shoot brigade.

Edit: Also note that the stand your ground law is precisely why the charges against the boyfriend for shooting at police were dropped fairly sharpish.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:29 - 24 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:

Edit: Also note that the stand your ground law is precisely why the charges against the boyfriend for shooting at police were dropped fairly sharpish.

With the couple of cases (I've seen so far) of where BLM have confronted people with Trump signs on their property, their own homes, who then came out to face them with guns because they were concerned they might have to defend their property and families, didn't actually shoot anyone but then were arrested, is that a similar thing? I must admit, I find it all very confusing Confused

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:00 - 25 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
mentalboy wrote:

With the couple of cases (I've seen so far) of where BLM have confronted people with Trump signs on their property, their own homes, who then came out to face them with guns because they were concerned they might have to defend their property and families, didn't actually shoot anyone but then were arrested, is that a similar thing? I must admit, I find it all very confusing Confused

Yup, same thing, although the courts might take a dim view of you if those people are still on the public pavement. No doubt those cases you are thinking of had the same outcome as the boyfriend in the Taylor case even if they didn't discharge those weapons, as in, all charges dismissed?
Any member of the public can be, and is likely to be, arrested for waving a gun at other people wherever it happens to take place, it is then the gun toter's right to claim stand your ground law and the DA will then consider the charges in relation to stand your ground and drop them if justifed.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:08 - 25 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:

The police had a no-knock warrant (they say that although they had that warrant they still shouted they were coming in, neighbours are disputing that) and they were looking for the boyfriend that she had split up with two years previously. If you are the type that sleep's with a gun under the pillow, are woken abruptly by shouting and people in your house -one of whom you think might be your g/f's nutty ex-boyfriend drug dealer - what are you going to do?

See now that's a nice way of spinning it to make it seem like she had nack all to do with the guy but it's totally disingenuous and ignores several key facts. Broke up with him two years previously, yeah sure, but, nothing to do with him? Hmm.... let me see:
https://eu.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/breonna-taylor/2020/09/23/minute-by-minute-timeline-breonna-taylor-shooting/3467112001/

Dec. 30: Police execute three search warrants in the Russell neighborhood, seizing several guns and narcotics. Among the six people subsequently arrested is Jamarcus Glover, Taylor's ex-boyfriend.

Jan. 2: Using a surveillance camera, police see a white Chevrolet Impala pull up in front of 2424 Elliott Ave. — one of the houses hit with a search warrant a few days earlier. Glover gets out of the passenger side of the car, which is registered to Taylor.

Jan. 16: Glover is seen driving to Taylor's Springfield Drive apartment and walking inside. After a brief stay, police see Glover leave with "a suspected USPS package" and then drives to a house on West Muhammad Ali Boulevard, which was also hit with a search warrant on Dec. 30.

Feb. 14: After an officer tows his car from West Muhammad Ali Boulevard, Glover attempts to file a complaint against the officer. The phone number he gave on the complaint was registered to Taylor.

In the affidavit for the warrant, Jaynes wrote that:

Glover's car had made "frequent" trips to Taylor's Springfield Drive apartment.
Glover walked directly into Taylor's apartment on Jan. 16.
A U.S. postal inspector verified Glover received packages at Taylor's apartment.
Taylor's car had been seen in front of Elliott Avenue on "different occasions."

Yeah, sure - she had nack all to do with him, the drugs etc etc Rolling Eyes

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:11 - 25 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Oh, and please don't come up with the book "Anti Racist Baby", or I might have to hit you with "My First Little Book of Intersectional Activism" - and I mean literally hit you over the head with it, since if you read it, you'd probably take it as a serious academic study Laughing

The Lancet a good enough source? The CRT studies are very much a result of understanding how unconscious bias can effect justice. If your not interested in that then that's OK you don't have to be but I have no evidence that you're a valid enough authority on bias in justice systems that I should dismiss the work of world class academic institutions on the matter.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:17 - 25 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Croydon shooting: Officer shot dead at police station.

Now obviously it could be anyone of any ethnicity however this comment in the article from the police....

Asked about how someone could enter the building while armed, former Det Ch Insp Chris Phillips said: "I think police officers are probably less likely to search people now with all the furore that goes on.

Obviously what really matters is how we are getting in the situation where gun carrying in the UK is OK and the fact that the BLM howlings has contributed to the police not searching people because they are frightened of upsetting whoever has to stop.

It doesn't matter who actually pulled the trigger, the fact the cops feel that they have to do things in a certain way because of mob rule needs to be addressed strongly and positively and sod people being offended.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54293111

GSTEEL32
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 11:07 - 25 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Obviously what really matters is how we are getting in the situation where gun carrying in the UK is OK and the fact that the BLM howlings has contributed to the police not searching people because they are frightened of upsetting whoever has to stop.

This. With knobs on.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:11 - 25 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Croydon shooting: Officer shot dead at police station.

Now obviously it could be anyone of any ethnicity however this comment in the article from the police....

Asked about how someone could enter the building while armed, former Det Ch Insp Chris Phillips said: "I think police officers are probably less likely to search people now with all the furore that goes on.

It doesn't matter who actually pulled the trigger, the fact the cops feel that they have to do things in a certain way because of mob rule needs to be addressed strongly and positively and sod people being offended.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54293111

Or a copper knows what to say to stir the pot a bit. I'm sure it's shit being a police officer at the moment but the idea that at a custody centre officers are scared to search someone is bullshit. On the street with every tit with an apple phone pointed at them then maybe but not in a police facility. Try not to let anyone yank your chain, BLM, Greta or Plod.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:26 - 25 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

The Lancet a good enough source?

A link or quote would be welcome.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:31 - 25 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Ribenapigeon wrote:

The Lancet a good enough source?

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(18)32267-0/fulltext

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:40 - 25 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(18)32267-0/fulltext[/quote]

Quote:
She is a qualitative methodologist and health equity researcher with specific interests in gender disparities

Quote:
We declare no competing interests.

Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:49 - 25 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

So...no, the Lancet is not good enough (I've never seen anything they've published before). That article is absolute dross. The minute I saw the word "inequities" I started to be suspicious, and the rest of the article confirmed those suspicions.

As far as I can see, it doesn't quote anything in law or anywhere else that mandates discrimination by race or gender. This is what I asked you to point out to me, and you haven't. I'll wait a bit longer, maybe you just haven't had time yet.

Perhaps you'd also like to tell me a bit about the authors of that article, their qualifications and experience, since you have accepted they are an authoritative source. You might also explain why you agree with what the article says.

I thought about pulling the article apart bit by bit, but what would be the point here? Your mind is clearly made up, and I consider your views to be part of the problem, if they align with this article. We must accept that our views are unreconcilable, which doesn't surprise me because, as I recall, you supported the idea of a Corbyn government, which would have allowed for more of this nonsense to enter our society. I am staunchly against allowing this to happen.

It's probably now time for you to call me a racist nazi Rolling Eyes

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:23 - 25 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

I thought about pulling the article apart bit by bit, but what would be the point here? Your mind is clearly made up

https://youtu.be/uP0UjEb9PW0?t=30

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:47 - 25 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone point out a person to me who lives without bias, conscious or unconscious?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 211 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 182, 183, 184  Next
Page 87 of 184