Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Black Lives Matter.....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 178, 179, 180 ... 182, 183, 184  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:17 - 01 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Can white women who suffer from domestic abuse go to her charity for help?

Addressed by a black woman in my third link. No.

Sorry, ain't got time to read everyone's links, especially multiple ones Smile

So, her charity is racist?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:19 - 01 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that you’ve replied but I didn’t read it. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:26 - 01 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
We have lots of ‘foreigners’ at work, and my neighbours are plainly East European. I’d be fascinated to know more about their backgrounds but I don’t ask where they’re from for fear of appearing racist. I think that’s a shame.

I've had ethnic minorities ask me where I'm from (racisms Crying or Very sad), and every ethnic minority I've ever known even if they born here, had no issue talking about their family origins, and for what it's worth they all self-identified as being from that country (rather than here).

Any normal person would have just gone... I was born here but my parents are from Jamaica (or wherever).

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:31 - 01 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
We have lots of ‘foreigners’ at work, and my neighbours are plainly East European. I’d be fascinated to know more about their backgrounds but I don’t ask where they’re from for fear of appearing racist. I think that’s a shame.

I've had ethnic minorities ask me where I'm from (racisms Crying or Very sad), and every ethnic minority I've ever known even if they born here, had no issue talking about their family origins, and for what it's worth they all self-identified as being from that country (rather than here).

Any normal person would have just gone... I was born here but my parents are from Jamaica (or wherever).

Yeah, the problem is you come across one person intent on asserting woke credentials and you’ve lost your job. That was clearly the case here. It’s nasty.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:54 - 01 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Yeah, the problem is you come across one person intent on asserting woke credentials and you’ve lost your job. That was clearly the case here. It’s nasty.

The telling part was in the exchange she said she was a British national, so knew full well the difference between nationality and ethnicity, and what the old bint was asking. Also she regularly seems to wear Pan-African colours including on the day:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/12/01/09/65124271-0-image-a-8_1669885557525.jpg
https://static.independent.co.uk/2022/12/01/10/62eb918010e9991929cd33471cc6dbe9Y29udGVudHNlYXJjaGFwaSwxNjY5OTc1MTU1-2.70030281.jpg?quality=50&width=640&auto=webp
https://e3.365dm.com/21/03/768x432/skynews-ngozi-fulani-sistah-space_5312073.jpg?20210320185905

chickenstrip wrote:
Sorry, ain't got time to read everyone's links, especially multiple ones Smile

So, her charity is racist?

Well raciss: Ngozi Fulani, 61, founded Sistah Space, the only domestic abuse charity in the UK that caters specifically for women and girls of African and Caribbean heritage... so yeah she really does know the difference Rolling Eyes

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:09 - 01 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe asking where your family history came from rather than asking where the individual came from would help.

'I'm from Catford' would be my reply dspite a lot of Ireish blood. Thats because I'm from Catford.

My grandfather was Irish. If I was asked where my family histry is from it's largely Irish.

Asking a black person where they are from when they are clearly british is asking for trouble.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:35 - 01 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Maybe asking where your family history came from rather than asking where the individual came from would help.

'I'm from Catford' would be my reply dspite a lot of Ireish blood. Thats because I'm from Catford.

See I did that once with a work colleague who then proceed to laugh in my face for about 30 seconds. After that I always answered with ancestry/heritage.

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Asking a black person where they are from when they are clearly british...

How are they? She's clearly not ethnically British, you're therefore assuming she's a British national when she might have come here as a child.

You're also assuming she wants to identify as British, when as above in my experience ethnic minorities identify with their (families) country of origin.

Assuming that a black person wearing pan-african colours, who runs a charity specifically for black folk of Caribbean/African heritage, wants to identify as British would in my experience be a horrifically bad assumption that would actually probably offend/upset them.

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
...is asking for trouble.

Why's that?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:20 - 02 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cosplaying as an African?

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:45 - 02 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

She went to a do at a bunch of wierdos house and then was shocked when s#it went down. Nuff said. Except to say that dippy old petty aristos are as obsessed with heritage as afro-obsessives and I think the stupid old cow was just sharing her own ridiculous obsession rather than questioning the validity of little miss dreadlocks nationality.

By the way I'm descended from Frankish and Oirish Kings! so where are your people from?

Weisse Schlange
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 09:55 - 02 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a set up. She hates the royals and had already spouted about them being racist, so she turns up at a royal do, and hunts out the most vunerable and easiest to manipulate, hey presto, she's now abused and on the BBC.

Dick.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:26 - 02 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weisse Schlange wrote:
It was a set up. She hates the royals and had already spouted about them being racist, so she turns up at a royal do, and hunts out the most vunerable and easiest to manipulate, hey presto, she's now abused and on the BBC.

Dick.

The big question though......where are you from?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:15 - 02 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ancestors are Irish and French. Hence drinking to get over the self-hatred Wink

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:57 - 02 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
My ancestors are Irish and French. Hence drinking to get over the self-hatred Wink

That's alcoholist you macrobiotic vegofascist!

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:28 - 02 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

All in the wording of the question. If the dotty old dear had asked '...and what is your heritage?' then I presume the answer would have been 'African, you muppet...' or something similar.

Unfortunately she asked the wrong question of someone more than happy to take the deepest offence and milk it for all its worth.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:05 - 02 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
She went to a do at a bunch of wierdos house and then was shocked when s#it went down. Nuff said. Except to say that dippy old petty aristos are as obsessed with heritage as afro-obsessives and I think the stupid old cow was just sharing her own ridiculous obsession rather than questioning the validity of little miss dreadlocks nationality.

One of her quotes was that it was somewhere she should have felt welcome Eh? Like all us proles regularly go round Liz's for a cuppa.

Ribenapigeon wrote:
The big question though......where are you from?

My mum's vagina.

Diggs wrote:
All in the wording of the question. If the dotty old dear had asked '...and what is your heritage?'

A bit better than "what's your family history" but still something I've never heard asked. Where are you/where is your family (originally) from, is the correct question as long as you're not faced with someone being deliberately difficult, in order to try and make a name for themselves.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:27 - 02 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
: Like all us proles regularly go round Liz's for a cuppa.

Haven't you noticed she died?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:32 - 02 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
M.C wrote:
: Like all us proles regularly go round Liz's for a cuppa.

Haven't you noticed she died?

Yeah I was referring to the previous 70 years.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:46 - 02 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep living in the past.

Just so you know, this incident happened several months after she was buried.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:50 - 02 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I probably get asked where im from at least twice a year and even the occasional "you're not from round here are you" and although born in England ive lived in Scotland for most of my life.

I feel abused now.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:28 - 02 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Keep living in the past.

Just so you know, this incident happened several months after she was buried.

So in your head it would have made more sense if I said... as if we regularly go round Charlie's for a cuppa, when he's been the head of state for less than 3 months?

I know being a tedious human being and a total time-waster is your thing but christ Nobby.

Ribenapigeon wrote:
I probably get asked where im from at least twice a year and even the occasional "you're not from round here are you" and although born in England ive lived in Scotland for most of my life.

I feel abused now.

It's the same curiosity, which no one I've ever met has an issue with.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:22 - 04 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

USA (who obviously started it):
https://assets-jpcust.jwpsrv.com/thumbnails/dztwslwf-720.jpg

Senegal:
https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/8cbb1a01a6263e940e6554b650536a68ad810869/0_0_3500_2168/master/3500.jpg?width=465&quality=85&dpr=1&s=none

Confused

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 02:33 - 05 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

QWOP?

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:13 - 05 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

'murica first see.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:55 - 05 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:56 - 05 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Marlene headly/Ngozi hoo hah

a black womans perspective

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcEkFizKZ6E
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 141 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 178, 179, 180 ... 182, 183, 184  Next
Page 179 of 184