Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Black Lives Matter.....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 182, 183, 184  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:48 - 10 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

Meh. That's nothing to do with race and all to do with a lack of consequences.

Actually it does, its another one of those nasty stereotypes that just so happen to be backed up with stats (absentee fathers). There are scummy white people who breed like rabbits, but on the whole the whitey fathers try to be part of their kids lives, and generally keep it to 2.4 children... maybe 3 if you don't get your breeding pair first time round.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 23:54 - 10 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
its another one of those nasty stereotypes that just so happen to be backed up with stats

Present them.
Banana_B1 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:21 - 11 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I live near that airport.
REALLY near.
But I'm white ... although I *do* have a bit of a cough.
But I think its an allergy to bullshit.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:31 - 11 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
M.C wrote:
its another one of those nasty stereotypes that just so happen to be backed up with stats

Present them.

You know there's this thing called Google, it gave me this without even having to click on any linkys:
57.6% of black children, 31.2% of Hispanic children, and 20.7% of white children are living absent their biological fathers. Source: Family Structure and Children's Living Arrangements 2012. Current Population Report. U.S. Census Bureau July 1, 2012.

If you want UK stats even the Guardian can't deny them:
If you are an African-Caribbean child you are twice as likely as your white British counterpart to grow up in a single-parent household. In fact, the figure is probably higher. An Equality and Human Rights Commission report in 2011 found that as many as 65% of African-Caribbean children are raised by one parent – nearly always the mother. (first search result btw Wink).

That was definitely my experience growing up, whiteys had contact with their father or a father figure in the household, my black friends never or rarely saw their dad. My dad drove 200 miles to see me every so often (which tbh is why I'm still in contact with him), one of my mates didn't even meet his dad until he was 18, and I think its just been the once. Although its worth pointing out he didn't turn out all wannabe gangsta (which's why we're mates Smile).

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:43 - 11 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, sure, I assumed it was true, but I'm pretty racist[*]. I didn't want to bring my own confirmation bias to the facts-party.

[*] I expect that SE Asians / Orientals and die Juden have rates of absenteeism so low that nobody's bothering to count.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:01 - 11 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vifferguy wrote:
Lord Percy wrote:

But why the emphasis on the skin colour of some random murderers in the US?

Well, let's go back to the OP..........BLACK Lives Matter.

It is the subject of this thread & not "there's some white nob-heads in Leeds that live down my street!"

This is a thread talking about the idiocy of the 'Black Lives Matter' political/activist movement. That's the subject of this thread.

At no point should any intelligent person see that as an excuse to wade in with a random article about two black skinned criminals and attempt to put it forward, along with the catch-all 'black bastards' term, as valuable input to the discussion.

Quote:
Start another thread if you feel like condemning your own race.

Ah so this is a thread solely for talking about how bad people with black skin definitely always are. Condemn them all!

Showing your true colours there.
Vifferguy This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:35 - 11 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets play spot the eternal student... Rolling Eyes
I'm sure Uni is very multi-culti and when completely institutionalised I can see how one might eventually believe all that
garbage they ram down your throats in such places. Particularly if living in the real world is a distant memory and you've been
surrounded by cosseted 'nice people' spending up their grants, cough I mean loans and having a jolly old time, what?
Go get a flat in Streatham, and go out for a nice stroll by yourself after dark. See how you feel then, for every nice
learned person you know there are 50 scumbags out there who never took the opportunities students have dished
out to them. They see the likes of you as prey. Go try your luck waffling your way out of punctured lung.
Top tip - Don't keep your cash in your wallet, leave your phone indoors.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:08 - 11 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Lets play spot the eternal student... Rolling Eyes
I'm sure Uni is very multi-culti and when completely institutionalised I can see how one might eventually believe all that
garbage they ram down your throats in such places. Particularly if living in the real world is a distant memory and you've been
surrounded by cosseted 'nice people' spending up their grants, cough I mean loans and having a jolly old time, what?
Go get a flat in Streatham, and go out for a nice stroll by yourself after dark. See how you feel then, for every nice
learned person you know there are 50 scumbags out there who never took the opportunities students have dished
out to them. They see the likes of you as prey. Go try your luck waffling your way out of punctured lung.
Top tip - Don't keep your cash in your wallet, leave your phone indoors.

I'm fairly certain this was aimed at me so I'll bite.

Living as a student does not suddenly render me deaf and blind to the world, and studying physics as an adult who doesn't care to gel with the kids around me I can't say I'm exposed to whatever soft touch liberal student stereotypes you're going on about.

All blacks are bad are they? Weird, Chapel Allerton and Chapeltown, in Leeds, where I was born and spent my childhood, is full of black people. High crime in the 90s as far as I'm aware but there are naff all outstandingly bad stories about the place now. Leeds West Indian carnival is the best event of the year, 90% black folk there too and at 50'000 a day (and well into the night) you'd expect lots of stabby stabby muggings etc, but it always goes off quite well, a fantastic local community event.

Have this: https://illustreets.co.uk/explore-england/leeds/

See all the red bits? Hover your mouse over each one and look at the violent crime rates.

Only two or three of those areas are full of coloured folk. The rest is majority white and just as likely to encounter violent crime.

I'm sure you can find as many red bits for the London map that aren't majority non-white. Not hard.

Quote:
They see the likes of you as prey.

Do fuck off.

This is your problem. The likes of you, a low-educated builder if I'm not mistaken, have simple ideas about each section of society and use massively basic divides - skin colour, social status, 'student' - then use a fat brush to smear daft, stereotyped opinions all over the place and think that puts a lid on every issue ever. Takes a bit of brains to think more broadly, it seems.

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:06 - 11 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about you stop being a pair of bitches (Feminists are gonna peg me for that) and have a chat and "calm down deary" with the karmic slaps, you're adults ffs Thumbs Up

https://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:10 - 11 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't help it.

As if I'm not already fully aware of the way society chooses to see me as an adult student. Gets a bit tiring seeing the same meaningless character attacks coming out as ammunition to somehow suggest I can't ever have an idea of what I'm talking about.

#StudentLivesMatter, maaan.

Derivative
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:15 - 11 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
Can't help it.

As if I'm not already fully aware of the way society chooses to see me as an adult student. Gets a bit tiring seeing the same meaningless character attacks coming out as ammunition in discussions.

#StudentLivesMatter, maaan.

Once you make something of yourself, we can talk.

Then you'll be the counterexample and the lucky one and not everyone could do it.

Laughing

https://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/152/237/zP10f.gif

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:32 - 11 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh feck it Laughing

https://www.countingcats.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Some-people-just-want-to-watch-the-world-burn.png
Vifferguy This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:09 - 11 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^^^

https://lindanee.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/black-kettle.jpg

Wink

Dave70
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:38 - 12 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgur.com/72WGg9l.jpg

2012: R125 killed by white van. 2016 R125 killed by 30,000 miles of redline. Current: 2016 Kawasaki ER6f.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:27 - 12 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prove any life matters?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:23 - 12 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:

I'm sure you can find as many red bits for the London map that aren't majority non-white. Not hard.

Actually no, even with that very broken up map there's still a clear difference when you move into whitey areas. Do continue to explain how my entire life experience has been wrong?

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:45 - 12 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:

Do fuck off.

This is your problem. The likes of you, a low-educated builder if I'm not mistaken, have simple ideas about each section of society and use massively basic divides - skin colour, social status, 'student' - then use a fat brush to smear daft, stereotyped opinions all over the place and think that puts a lid on every issue ever. Takes a bit of brains to think more broadly, it seems.

I'm about to, to Canada for yet another holiday which cost double what you are hoping to save up in a year. Laughing
That's some great going champ Thumbs Up When you've finished patting yourself on the back about how clever you
are, use that vast intellect and consider this. Remind me again who owns several houses and is happily married?
Then remind yourself who's moving back in with mater and pater and is going to spend the next 12 months trying
to fap quietly so they don't hear you.
For all your self proclaimed intelligence you are no further forward now than you were at age 15. It amuses me greatly.
You could have been a Tescos management trainee at 20 by now you'd be in charge of fish fingers or something on
30+k a year and probably eligible for a mortgage. Right now I could walk into a bank and borrow half a million
quid which they would be falling over themselves to lend me because I have assets already worth in excess of that Middle Finger .
I earned your poxy four grand in 6 weeks working part time. Not bad for 3 gcses and a bit of black and white thinking.
You pontificate all you want, I'll keep earning and spend my considerable spare time pontificating about
what to spend it on next. You reek of fail.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:05 - 12 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, and well done, seriously.

Horses for courses though. I'm honestly dead chuffed with what I've got out of life so far. Extensive travel experience, been to some extremely cool places and done some pretty cool things, couple of books written, mates all over the world, conversant in Chinese.

Stuff that money can't buy Wink . All on a fraction of what you earn, in fact my income over the past 4 or 5 years probably hasn't even scratched the minimum wage. Can't say I'm disappointed with how I spent my time and money, to be honest. People talk about how time flies, well for me it certainly hasn't, I look back and see my years absolutely jam packed with variety, experience and adventure, all of my own accord.

So you keep building your castles, I'll keep being an annoying snobby intellectual hipster. Everyone stays content and we all die roughly the same age anyway Very Happy

My only point was that I don't know what makes you any more qualified to discuss the nature of black folk in the UK. Discussion was all good and fine until you waded in with the "you bloody clueless student" sort of comment.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:29 - 12 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

gr666's pension and private health care will see him dancing on your pauper's grave. Razz

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:29 - 12 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Smackdown

https://www.mememaker.net/static/images/templates/25230.jpg

Derivative
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:06 - 12 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
So you keep building your castles, I'll keep being an annoying snobby intellectual hipster. Everyone stays content and we all die roughly the same age anyway Very Happy

Such is life. It seems you can choose knowledge or trinkets. Unless you're rich. Then you start with both. Laughing

Jeremiah 9:23 wrote:
“Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches:”

They do get it right, sometimes.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 221 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 182, 183, 184  Next
Page 3 of 184