Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Black Lives Matter.....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 182, 183, 184  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:05 - 22 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

That really gets my goat. In the UK since 1970 we have had the following:

the Equal Pay Act 1970
the Sex Discrimination Act 1975
the Race Relations Act 1976
the Disability Discrimination Act 1995
the Employment Equality (Religion or Belief) Regulations 2003
the Employment Equality (Sexual Orientation) Regulations 2003
the Employment Equality (Age) Regulations 2006
the Equality Act 2006, Part 2
the Equality Act (Sexual Orientation) Regulations 2007
the Equality Act 2010

Prior to 1970 it was legally permissible to discriminate against all sorts of people, non-whites included. Now it is against the law. This is progress achieved via our modern, progressive democracy. As times go on people's attitudes will catch up with the legislation and there will be even less discrimination.

Of course there are examples of racism still in our society and there probably always will be, but to say that we are anything like the US is ridiculous. These people need to learn a little modern history before pontificating and trying to make the rest of us feel guilty... Mad

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:11 - 22 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking of equality issues I think I might have found an actual news story on CNN!

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/21/tech/uber-uk-court-case-blm/index.html

Quote:
"It's just not good enough just to go to a protest and shout 'black life matters,'" Aslam says. "But what are they delivering? It's just words. We're just hearing words. There's nothing behind it."

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:30 - 22 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Talking of equality issues I think I might have found an actual news story on CNN!

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/21/tech/uber-uk-court-case-blm/index.html

Quote:
"It's just not good enough just to go to a protest and shout 'black life matters,'" Aslam says. "But what are they delivering? It's just words. We're just hearing words. There's nothing behind it."

That's nothing to do with BLM though, The fact that most Uber drivers are ethnic minorities is coincidental. It would make absolutely no difference if they were all fat white gammons. Uber don't want to pay sick leave, holidays and minimum wage or any other money they don't have to.

They are using the same arguments payers of zero hours contracts do which has the sum total of FA to do with skin colour.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:48 - 22 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the BBC banging their woke drum again.....

Not only are there no white characters in this play, the actors are Indian Indians, not British Indians.

Wow, well done BBC.

BBC’s A Suitable Boy lead: ‘It was important to cast Indian actors, not British Indian’

Maniktala’s comments follow online criticism about the BBC’s choice to employ television scribe Andrew Davies, a white Welshman, rather than an Indian screenwriter.

Obviously a taffy is not an ethnic minority. Thumbs Up

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2020-07-18/a-suitable-boy-indian-cast/

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:15 - 22 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Obviously a taffy is not an ethnic minority.

The wrong kind. The BBC is committing £100 million for the right kind of diversity while forcing cuts on local radio and TV.

https://order-order.com/2020/06/23/bbcs-diversity-push-begins-with-ethnic-cull/

Last edited by Kawasaki Jimbo on 18:41 - 22 Jul 2020; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:36 - 22 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hilarious isn't it? Here's an organisation that had its finance guaranteed, ensuring its place in the media world, busily working to pull the rug out from under its own feet Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:52 - 22 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

You left out
"Although protest were largely peaceful, bottles were thrown, flares were lit, officers were hurt.

"We have to turn our backs to all the noise because racist white people will criticise us like they always have," he told me, as we ducked for cover"

Anyway it seems to have been quiet on BLM media i.e. all media this week.
Perhaps they haven't managed to find a Brown person who has been insulted or knelt on by a white man this week.

And yet.. the stabbings in London continue unabated. It's a good thing the 'Lovely London' thread is no longer updated else it would never stop.
Strangely the media is relatively quiet on this. I can't think why.
What is certain though is the quality of job being done by Khan assisted by Dick.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:56 - 22 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stabbings for a certain ethnic group have been going on long enough to become the status quo. It's "The News" not "The Olds" Wink

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:00 - 23 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

What, you want to take away their right to stab each other now?! Racist!
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:38 - 23 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently someone's gone a bit wavey with a machete in Bow Street station.

Good old Khan and Dick.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:05 - 23 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewis is getting on my tits too.
I used to really support him.
Now it's all about those who didn't take a knee in his latest initiative.

Also it's pressed on about his rags to riches story, coming up from the slums etc. How much of that is really true? Karting isn't cheap to get into. OK, his dad must have worked hard but slums really?

Oh, and apparently you don't have to pay tax to be woke Thumbs Up

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:09 - 24 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm seeing a lot of 'I can't breathe" T-shirts going about.

Also it seems to be being used as a get-out clause. I saw a vid from LonKhan where some kind friend of humanity was being held down by two police officers. He shouted 'I can't breathe'. Instant backing off.

It seems to me to be a contradiction. Surely if you can't breathe you wouldn't be able to say 'I can't breathe'

? Shocked

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:28 - 24 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
I'm seeing a lot of 'I can't breathe" T-shirts going about.

Face masks innit. Told you dey was racist.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:31 - 24 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Face Masks to inhibit Corona are racist. But Corona virus is racist.

I don't know what to do Sad

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:33 - 24 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're white, you have to top yourself. You know it's only right. Unless you're white female. Or white gay.

Don't worry, their turn will come.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:43 - 25 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiley..... Hahahaahhaahhahahahaha LaughingLaughing he's started a minority Fiiiite!

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/jul/24/wiley-accused-of-antisemitism-after-likening-jews-to-ku-klux-klan

Hang on, only white people are racist right?

Quote:
he said: “Listen to me Jewish community Israel is not your country I’m sorry … The Star of David that’s our ting … Some people have gotten too comfortable on lands that don’t belong to them.” He also wrote “Israel is ours”, apparently referring to the black community, later referring to his comments as “Black History Lesson For Today”.

“There are 2 sets of people who nobody has really wanted to challenge #Jewish & #KKK but being in business for 20 years you start to undestand [sic] why … Red Necks Are the KKK and Jewish people are the Law...Work that out.”

And much, much more Laughing.

Prison?

No chance. I'll go with not in public interest so no further action.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:15 - 25 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Wiley

Who? Oh, a rapper. As you were.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:16 - 25 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much more importantly, wtf is Grime? I always thought it was the ring of scum round the bath after you have had a pretty grubby soak.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:33 - 25 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Much more importantly, wtf is Grime? I always thought it was the ring of scum round the bath after you have had a pretty grubby soak.

Basically, sing about your mass oppression and make all of your failings everyone else's fault. It's been around for donkeys but got back in favour about 5 years ago.

Wiley has been around for ages, at least a decade probably 2. He's always been shit Laughing

Some of his lyrics are LOL:
I got a style and it ain't running out
But my life’s running out, we don’t live forever
However my music can live forever, whatever
Tell a man chat to a badman bredda
And you can’t fool me but you act quite clever
Sun, sea and sand well that's my weather
Whether or not you like me silly, whatever
I count money, I'm mature with cheddar
I don’t care if you're the rawest bredda

I mean WTF is that?

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:02 - 25 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me 'Grime' is a black man shouting, being listened to and mimicked by white 13 year olds on the park. The comedy value of white teenagers shouting about Uzis and the misuse of prescription drugs is immense Laughing

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:13 - 25 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fcuking hell, where have I been hiding to have missed this competition to Bach, Beethoven and Abba.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:36 - 25 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I get it. This is happening on social media. I don't care what happens to anyone who uses that.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:35 - 25 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people of dark dark complexion actually believe that the po-lice treat their kind bad.

I hope that the police do treat law breakers bad.

WTfk?

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:27 - 25 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I occurred to me that with slavery admittedly being so evil, how would North America look if they hadn't been given a ticket over there or were just sent back rather than being freed.
Some BLM heads might explode.

Maybe Nigeria would have GDP of USA and Americans and Europeans would all be trying to get there in rubber dinghies or hiding in lorries. Thinking
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:38 - 25 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:
I occurred to me that with slavery admittedly being so evil, how would North America look if they hadn't been given a ticket over there or were just sent back rather than being freed.
Some BLM heads might explode.

Maybe Nigeria would have GDP of USA and Americans and Europeans would all be trying to get there in rubber dinghies or hiding in lorries. Thinking

If slavery was such an evil act how come everyone seems to have forgotten that the Democrats were pro-slavery in the first civil war?!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 287 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 182, 183, 184  Next
Page 71 of 184