Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Black Lives Matter.....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 182, 183, 184  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:03 - 26 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you actually trying to look for some sense in all this?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:13 - 26 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

If slavery was such an evil act how come everyone seems to have forgotten that the Democrats were pro-slavery in the first civil war?!

Because that was 190 years ago, and we shouldn't be held accountable for the actions of our ancestors from 190 years ago...

Major irony intended...

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:42 - 26 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Major irony intended...

Indeed. So you want to pull down a statue of Columbus who died in 1506? Fine, no worries... but we will have to also ban the Democrat Party (formed in 1828) for their ties to slavery.

Reading into the history I think it's more the case the 19th Century Democrats were rabid anti-Federalists than pro-slavery fans but it does show that, historically, there are no depths they wouldn't stoop to. Certainly, in context, the "Orange Man Bad" makes a lot more sense and as does the Portland insurrection.

Last time though a million people died (for a population of 30 million) so let's hope things calm down a bit over there.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:44 - 26 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
but we will have to also ban the Democrat Party (formed in 1828) for their ties to slavery.

And, amusingly, The Guardian newspaper. It's currently wriggling at the news that its founder used cotton plantation money and the paper had sided with the Southern States, calling Abraham Lincoln "abhorrent." Sweet!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:13 - 26 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
...calling Abraham Lincoln "abhorrent." Sweet!

So the guardian's pro-slavery and pro-vampire Laughing

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:16 - 26 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The queens head should appear in blackface too I reckon
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53547483
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:27 - 28 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Much more importantly, wtf is Grime? I always thought it was the ring of scum round the bath after you have had a pretty grubby soak.

Basically, sing about your mass oppression and make all of your failings everyone else's fault. It's been around for donkeys but got back in favour about 5 years ago.

Wiley has been around for ages, at least a decade probably 2. He's always been shit Laughing

Some of his lyrics are LOL:
I got a style and it ain't running out
But my life’s running out, we don’t live forever
However my music can live forever, whatever
Tell a man chat to a badman bredda
And you can’t fool me but you act quite clever
Sun, sea and sand well that's my weather
Whether or not you like me silly, whatever
I count money, I'm mature with cheddar
I don’t care if you're the rawest bredda

I mean WTF is that?

Glad this has come up as I've never understood Grime, thought it was just me being old.

"Basically, sing about your mass oppression and make all of your failings everyone else's fault. " - sums it up for me. For example, Stromzy's famous 'y0 Teresa May where's the money for Grenfell"

BUT then Wiley describes his everyday occurrence of "Dancing with a girl I don't even know yet. Next thing she's wearing my Rolex'

Rolex would pay for lots of Grenfell poverty stricken.

Wiley lol. I can only guess it was building up and up and he just went full anti-semitic potato. I didn't realise Brown people hated Jews so much.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:25 - 29 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

Wiley lol. I can only guess it was building up and up and he just went full anti-semitic potato. I didn't realise Brown people hated Jews so much.

Well that's an easy one; as Douglas Murray says if you want to start paying money to those that have been persecuted and oppressed the most over the course of history then the Jewish community is going to get a lot richer Laughing

Oppression Top Trumps.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:50 - 29 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

Last time though a million people died (for a population of 30 million) so let's hope things calm down a bit over there.

What? and deny us the entertainment of watching `murica tear itself apart? Laughing

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:46 - 29 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

What? and deny us the entertainment of watching `murica tear itself apart? Laughing

If it tears itself apart North and South, the south could bring back slavery and we could make another fortune shipping slaves for them. How many could you fit in a supertanker? Thinking

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:08 - 29 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

If it tears itself apart North and South, the south could bring back slavery and we could make another fortune shipping slaves for them. How many could you fit in a supertanker? Thinking

If it tears itself apart on north/south lines, a possible scenario is that the non-whites will rule the south and the whites there will be subjugated in reparation. This being the case, couldn't we ship loads of whites from the UK instead of Africans?

My vote for the first boat - Katie Hopkins, Jordan and anyone who habitually calls other men 'geezer'...

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:13 - 29 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

If it tears itself apart on north/south lines, a possible scenario is that the non-whites will rule the south and the whites there will be subjugated in reparation. This being the case, couldn't we ship loads of whites from the UK instead of Africans?

My vote for the first boat - Katie Hopkins, Jordan and anyone who habitually calls other men 'geezer'...

They're probably going to need some grime artistes as well.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:49 - 29 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

That's Essex vacated then.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:58 - 29 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

That's Essex vacated then.

I see that as a good thing. Bloody gangster-wannabes in their Range-Rovers. All sheepskin coats, thick necks and tattoos - and that's just the women....

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:00 - 29 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't realise Terry Crews had gotten himself in hot water.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/07/in-defense-of-terry-crews/

He said:
Quote:
If you are a child of God, you are my brother and sister. I have family of every race, creed and ideology.

We must ensure #blacklivesmatter doesn’t morph into #blacklivesbetter

Then this one comes along - check out the irony of the response Shocked

Kellee Nicole Terrell
wrote:
You truly are worthless to us. White people can have you, especially since you love doing their work for them

Wow Exclamation Nope, no deep seated racism in there whatsoever huh Laughing

Terry Crews wrote:
Are all white people bad?

No.

Are all black people good?

No.

Knowing this reality- I stand on my decision to unite with good people, no matter the race, creed or ideology.

Given the number of threats against this decision-

I also decide to die on this hill.

In the interview with Lemon (absolute bellend) he says something that Lemon clearly disagrees with:
Quote:
This is the Black America's version of the #metoo movement. If anything is going to change we ourselves need to look at our own communities and say that this cannot go down. There are people in there being literally held hostage by people that running the neighbourhood and then claiming that Black Lives Matter when clearly they don't

Fair play to him.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:40 - 29 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with the Jews on the Wiley thing, in that I don't think it was fair to call them snakes, hitler was right, Israel isn't their land, etc, etc.

Does this mean I need to go to BLM education camp?

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:18 - 03 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

More fun in London (well Luton). Khan for the Nobel Peace Prize.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12296482/boy-charged-police-attack-luton/

Boy, 17, charged after police officer repeatedly punched in the face as crowd cheered

Nothing to be said about BLM.

BUT

"Footage - which the Sun Online has chosen not to publish - shows people cheering as the cop is punched a number of times."

well... Confused

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:19 - 03 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one's making the rounds too:

https://www.facebook.com/2298194743570474/videos/325393738867906/

Suspect it's fake.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:45 - 03 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Lives Don't Matter.

If they did then the activists would be protesting over slavery.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:08 - 03 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
This one's making the rounds too:

https://www.facebook.com/2298194743570474/videos/325393738867906/

Suspect it's fake.

Trollstation - big clue.
https://www.facebook.com/TrollStationYT/videos/325467662193847/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:22 - 04 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the ultimate aim of the 'political' division of BLM?

Presumably they would say an end to the discrimination against people of colour.

But how are they discriminated against in this country? Maybe I can't see over my white privilege but I don't see any discrimination these days. BAME are well represented in media and sports, and certainly there are no divisions in the work place as far as I can see.

Maybe they're talking about Coronavirus.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:47 - 04 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

The Glorious Revolution! They've been very clear about that from the start.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:38 - 04 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

Don't think they've decided yet. But they do need more monetary donations because the revolution doesn't come cheap.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/revealed-what-black-lives-matter-really-stands-for wrote:
1. BLM wants to ‘dismantle capitalism’

This objective might come as a shock to many of those who have donated to the BLM cause. It might come as a particular surprise to Premier League footballers like Man City’s Kevin De Bruyne, whose shirt at Monday’s game against Burnley was emblazoned with the organisation’s slogan. De Bruyne is City’s top earner and is paid £350,000 a week. It is unlikely he would fare as well without capitalism.

2. BLM says climate change is 'racist'

BLM’s attempt to blockade Heathrow and London City airports in 2016 was greeted with widespread bemusement. Why was ‘Black Lives Matter’ trying to stop people going on holiday? The answer: ‘Climate crisis is a racist crisis,’ the group said on its Twitter feed. ‘Black people are the first to die, not the first to fly, in this racist climate crisis,’ it added.

3. BLM wants to abolish prisons

‘Prisons and detention centres should be abolished,’ BLM UK has said. It seems likely that Britain’s 80,000 prisoners would approve, but do the thousands who have donated to BLM also back this policy? And what should happen to those convicted of violent crimes like murder if there are no prisons?

4. BLM wants to get rid of borders

Britain’s borders are ‘enforced by extreme violence,’ according to BLM UK, which proposes that open borders might be the answer.

5. BLM says unemployment is 'violence'

Not having a job is miserable, but is it really 'violence'? Yes, according to BLM UK.

6. BLM condemns stop and search

Tragically, a quarter of those killed with a knife in Britain last year were black. This is the highest proportion since records began more than twenty years ago. Stop and search is far from perfect but it is a key strategy for police to ensure that more black teenagers don’t have their lives cut short. Yet BLM describes an uptick in what it calls 'racist' stop and search as ‘violence’.

7. BLM wants to get rid of the police

The group says it seeks to ‘develop’ and ‘deliver...strategies for the abolition of police’

8. BLM says the government appointment of a Pakistani heritage woman is 'racist'

Munira Mirza is something of a great British success story. Mirza, a working-class northerner of Pakistani heritage, was the only pupil in her sixth form to win a place at Oxford. Mirza now heads up the No.10 policy unit. So how did BLM react when she was tasked by the PM with setting up a commission on racial inequality? ‘This appointment is racist,' BLM UK said.

9. BLM condemned the suffragettes

Suffragettes ultimately secured the vote for women in Britain. A progressive step? BLM UK doesn't appear to be convinced: 'Despite what you might've learned at school, many suffragettes were also working to advance White power,' the organisation has tweeted.

10. BLM said Churchill is 'staunchly racist'

Without Churchill it seems all but certain that Britain would have lost the war to Nazi Germany. And yet while Churchill was clearly no saint, is it fair to describe him – as BLM does on its Facebook page – as 'staunchly racist'?

11. BLM describes big charities as 'colonisers'

'Big charities are nothing more than colonisers repackaged for the 21st century,' according to BLM on its official UK Facebook page.

As a result of some of these policies, aims and statements coming to light, there is growing disquiet among supporters who have stumped up cash only to discover what BLM UK really stands for. BLM UK is also continuing to resist calls to be more transparent about its leadership because of concerns about a possible threat from far-right activists. Instead, in responding to questions about who runs it, BLM UK says: ‘We assure you all organisers involved with BLM UK are Black (not politically black, Black and of the African and Caribbean diaspora) and the funds raised will be diligently used to transform the nature of Black life in the UK.'

article behind torygraph paywall https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/08/02/black-lives-matter-uk-reveal-will-spend-1m-donations/ wrote:
Black Lives Matter UK is to announce how it will spend more than £1 million it has been given in donations.

No fewer than 35,000 people have made cash gifts of £1.17 million to the group after a GoFundMe crowdfunding campaign was set up in June.

But BLM UK has said the GoFund-Me website is holding on to the money while the group works out how it will be distributed.

The organisation, which organised a series of high-profile marches in major cities throughout London, is due to reveal on Tuesday how the cash will be used.

The group has come in for criticism because of its almost revolutionary agenda, which includes dismantling capitalism and abolishing the police.

Last month it published a statement on its fundraising page to say it was working with “organisational and legal experts to create the most appropriate and ethical structure for holding and distributing much of these generous funds”.

It adds how it plans to “resource organisations which centres the voice of people who are doing the work whilst also ensuring we get the money out sooner rather than later.”

The organisation, which plans to launch a new website to coincide with the announcement, adds that it is “in awe and deeply moved” by the generosity of its supporters.

The decision to explain how the money would be used was also timed to coincide with the anniversary of the police shooting of Mark Duggan, which triggered a spate of riots in London and other major cities.

The statement concludes: “All funds are still held by GoFundMe. We won’t be withdrawing them until we have gone through the process outlined above, and explained how the funds will be distributed.”

It has been reported that the Metropolitan Police spent £1.5 million policing the BLM UK protests and counter protests over one weekend in June. While the BLM protest was largely peaceful it did descend into a series of skirmishes with officers outside Downing Street. The second day of demonstrations attracted far-Right counter protests which culminated with them pelting police with bottles and fireworks.

One of those far-Right activists was photographed urinating on the memorial to PC Keith Palmer, the officer killed in the Westminster terror attack of 2017. Andrew Banks, 28, was jailed at Westminster Magistrates Court for 14 days after pleading guilty to outraging public decency.

Priti Patel, the Home Secretary, condemned the mob-like behaviour as thuggery.

A completely impartial article about the BLM paramilitary group: https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2020/08/03/farage-black-lives-matter-paramilitary-style-force-political-uniforms/
Have another equally impartial article for the lulz: https://order-order.com/2020/08/03/brixtons-police-surrendered-the-streets-to-black-shirted-paramilitaries/

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:05 - 04 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

article behind torygraph paywall https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/08/02/black-lives-matter-uk-reveal-will-spend-1m-donations/ wrote:

Last month it published a statement on its fundraising page to say it was working with “organisational and legal experts to create the most appropriate and ethical structure for holding and distributing much of these generous funds”.

Legal experts are racist, since the law is racist.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:31 - 05 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
BAME are well represented in media and sports, and certainly there are no divisions in the work place as far as I can see.

Over-represented it seems, from the report that got very little airing.

They don't have white privilege apparently. Even though white privilege is pretty easily debunked by a small amount of rational thinking, but rational thinking wouldn't take you to postmodernist tosh like white privilege in the first place.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 265 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 182, 183, 184  Next
Page 72 of 184