Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Black Lives Matter.....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 182, 183, 184  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:56 - 09 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
And yet not a single eyebrow is raised when Oliver's Army is played on the radio. Confused

Ofc not, it's been sanitised: nasty words get blanked out now.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:11 - 09 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fed up with BLM, the whole idea. It has become a media play thing that is fueling not normal tribe mentality among extreme left wing strange people.

All life's matter, but lets be honest we don't bat an eyelid when anybody dies do we. We are self preserving people us humans.

Should I get my coat, which happens to be a leather RSTY jacket, and ride off into the sunset.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:25 - 09 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

struan80 wrote:

Should I get my coat

No, these things ought to be discussed openly without fear of persecution or 'cancelation'. If we can't talk about things, we can't fix them. But you're right, BLM are getting very tiresome, especially when you understand that black or any other lives are actually the last thing on their minds.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:50 - 09 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
mentalboy wrote:
And yet not a single eyebrow is raised when Oliver's Army is played on the radio. Confused

Ah, perhaps the DJ on US National Public Radio (usually right up there with the woke attitudes) forgot his sanitised version when it was aired yesterday?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:25 - 10 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

Ah, perhaps the DJ on US National Public Radio (usually right up there with the woke attitudes) forgot his sanitised version when it was aired yesterday?

Don't worry, I'm sure the FCC have it logged. The unmarked black SUVs are on their way... Wink

Over here in the UK (depending on the station, national ones are more censorious) you might hear a rap track with pretty much half the lyrics absent Sad

"Teenage Dirtbag" is always:

Her boyfriend's a dick
He brings a [blank] to school
And he'd simply kick
My ass if he knew the truth

So "dick" and "ass" is okay at 11am but not "gun" Thinking

And the irony of Nickleback's:

I'm gonna sing those songs that offend the censors
Gonna pop my pills from a Pez dispenser...

Which never gets blanked but usually "asshole" and some other random words go missing Rolling Eyes

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:09 - 10 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

I don't understand the rules any more. Had the BBC not stated that the attack was racially motivated, it would have been criticised and rightly so. Use of the 'n' word in the context of the incident is an explanation, not a racial slur. Is the BBC supposed to say that an attack is racially motivated but not be able to say how it comes to that conclusion for fear of causing more offence? That doesn't make sense. If the reporter had been black and repeated the 'n' word, would that have been any different in terms of alleged offence caused?

Exactly that - the word is held for 'their' use only now, and it's only offensive if a white person says it regardless of context of how it's used; whereas black people can call other black people it in either a friendly sort of way or indeed as an insult and it's totally alright by the rules of the game.

You have to question why that is. My guess? It's a power play - in essence, get off our word you can't use it. Having power over a white person in that you know they're never going to say that word - even singing along to a song by a black artist they particularly admire - exercises power and control over that person.

Diggs wrote:
Taken to its logical conclusion, everybody should refuse to listen to music containing words like 'bitch' and 'ho' because they can be taken as offensive, and this means boycotting every radio station, record label, pub, club etc and anybody who works for one of these purveyors of misogynist filth should resign immediately.

I wonder if K-Twat, MC Faux-Offence, Lil Penis, 3 Stallions etc would be so quick to cry inappropriate if their incomes disappeared due to a collective bout of political correctness and social indignation?

That's the nub of it for me. The BLM angle is virtue. It's so right-on that the sun shines out of its anus. But in reality, is it virtuous? I don't think it is - I think it's a one policy party type of affair and it's power hungry not people friendly. It doesn't care about oppression, it cares about power.

You'd think a group of people claiming that they've been so oppressed for hundreds of years would stand against all oppression, yet there's little evidence that they will - the rampant misogyny in songs from black artists is just the start; how about exploring the sexual violence of African countries where gang rape and genital mutilation are rife? How about standing with families who have their young boys stripped from them and turned into child soldiers who are forced to commit terrible atrocities? This is all happening as I type this - but nobody gives a shit? Why is that?

Or do we talk about the oppression of homosexuals and homosexuality that's extremely rife in black led countries - here's a list of the African countries where Homosexuality is still illegal:

Algeria
Burundi
Cameroon
Chad
Comoros
Egypt (de facto criminalisation)
Eritrea
Ethiopia
Gambia
Ghana
Guinea
Kenya (male only)
Liberia
Libya
Malawi
Mauritania
Mauritius (male only)
Morocco
Namibia (male only)
Nigeria
Senegal
Sierra Leone (male only)
Somalia
South Sudan
Sudan
Swaziland (male only)
Tanzania
Togo (male only)
Tunisia
Uganda
Zambia
Zimbabwe (male only)

That's just Africa. You can add Jamaica, Guyana, Barbados to that, too. Colonialism's fault?

I don't buy it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:59 - 10 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawn Butler: MP calls for 'system change' after police stop

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-53720835

Very soon the police will be told/decide not to stop any black people. Obviously not officially but it won't be worth the risk of their jobs, accusations of racism, general BLM whining.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:19 - 10 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a melt Laughing Got stopped, they ran a check realised it wasn't the car they were looking for, spoken to politely and sent on their way again in like 2 minutes Laughing

Racial profiling? Yeah, dat registration plate is well racist Doh!

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:26 - 10 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Her Twitter page is erupting and she's a complete spaz.

The driver of the car that was stopped with her in it looks whiter than pasty ol' ginger me Laughing She's saying he is black and therefore, two blacks in a car in Hackney = racial profiling. Would have to be one sharp eyed copper from the screen grab I've seen Laughing

Anyway, she's not posted the whole video but does admit that the police were polite in the stop, but it's their profiling that's wrong - despite the fact the police have told her it was the reg number and it being mistakenly entered that's caused it, and apologised to her for wasting her time.

Smacks of rubbing her hands together with glee and filling out the victim scorecard, doesn't it.

https://news.sky.com/story/labour-mp-dawn-butler-accuses-metropolitan-police-of-racial-profiling-after-being-stopped-by-officers-12045860

Edit: https://metro.co.uk/2020/08/08/black-people-should-not-scared-phone-police-when-need-help-13098631/

Just a few days before she got stopped. Oh how that backs up her claims nicely Doh!

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:10 - 10 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't add up. She looked to be loving the attention - certainly not the demeanor of someone who is constantly stopped by the plod. Plod were polite, they explained the reason for the pull, apologised and all parties went on their way.

She then clearly decided to make as much capital out of it as she possibly could by going to the media.

I took this from a BBC website:

BBC analysis shows that from August 2019 to July 2020 there were 101 stop and searches for every 1,000 black people in London, compared to 23.2 for every 1,000 white people and 28.7 per 1,000 Asian people.

This means a 10% chance of being stopped if you are black in London, or a pull once every 10 years. Of course, this doesn't take into account the fact that some will be pulled more often than others because of where they live, what they drive and whether they look like yardies, drug dealers etc. The average black person will get stopped less than 1 time in every 10 years therefore. I will go so far as to say that if you are a young black bloke in a 3 series BM, an A3 or a Seat Leon, you fit the stereotype of a drug dealer, and you should be stopped more often than the black granny and grandad in the Micra - what do you expect, you muppets!!!

I ride bikes, and I get stopped more often than once every 10 years. When I was a young bloke, getting pulled was something that happened regularly and I came to accept it. I didn't like it, but I didn't cry. Admittedly there was no question of me being stopped because of the colour of my skin, however I was/am stopped because I choose to ride a bike. Discrimination nonetheless. I got stopped far less often in cars and I put this down to my choice of cars - I have never fitted the stereotype of a wrong'un in a Dyane, Berlingo, Mini, Polo, Fiesta, 131 etc etc etc. My point being, if you look like you are potentially up to no good, you are more likely to get stopped.

Did her driver look like he was up to no good? In this instance, no. It was a clear case of thick fingers, for which plod duly and politely apologised. I agree with Arry, whilst we couldn't see properly, if the driver was black he was suffering from Michael Jackson syndrome, so no argument of racial profiling stands up either. Methinks she loved it, so much she probably went home for a lady-wank before going in front of the camera.

If the BBC's figures are correct, is a pull once every 10 years such a big price to pay for a police force that looks for wrong'uns?

When a lifetime Leftie and proud thinks this way, you know there is something amiss...

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:33 - 10 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

a lifetime Leftie and proud

Have you ever sought help for this affliction? You don't have to suffer you know Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:37 - 10 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Diggs wrote:

a lifetime Leftie and proud

Have you ever sought help for this affliction? You don't have to suffer you know Laughing

No, I'm right about stuff and you are wrong Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:50 - 10 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

No, I'm left about stuff and you are right Laughing

FTFY, with no reference to ideology Razz

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:50 - 10 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a conversation with our neighbours about the N-word. Turns out that black ppl don't like it either. Whodathought?!

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:06 - 10 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Had a conversation with our neighbours about the N-word. Turns out that black ppl don't like it either. Whodathought?!

It is all very silly. When Kanye West, Lil Penis, Megan 3 Stallions etc use it, it doesn't sound big or clever. It just makes it difficult for white kids on cider to sing/shout along as they have to leave 'blanks'.

Either accept that it is still a derogatory term for a black person and all stop using it, or accept that it is no longer a derogatory term and don't take offence when people do. Politicising the word serves no purpose whatsoever.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:17 - 10 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
It doesn't add up. She looked to be loving the attention - certainly not the demeanor of someone who is constantly stopped by the plod. Plod were polite, they explained the reason for the pull, apologised and all parties went on their way.

She then clearly decided to make as much capital out of it as she possibly could by going to the media.

I took this from a BBC website:

BBC analysis shows that from August 2019 to July 2020 there were 101 stop and searches for every 1,000 black people in London, compared to 23.2 for every 1,000 white people and 28.7 per 1,000 Asian people.

This means a 10% chance of being stopped if you are black in London, or a pull once every 10 years. Of course, this doesn't take into account the fact that some will be pulled more often than others because of where they live, what they drive and whether they look like yardies, drug dealers etc. The average black person will get stopped less than 1 time in every 10 years therefore. I will go so far as to say that if you are a young black bloke in a 3 series BM, an A3 or a Seat Leon, you fit the stereotype of a drug dealer, and you should be stopped more often than the black granny and grandad in the Micra - what do you expect, you muppets!!!

I ride bikes, and I get stopped more often than once every 10 years. When I was a young bloke, getting pulled was something that happened regularly and I came to accept it. I didn't like it, but I didn't cry. Admittedly there was no question of me being stopped because of the colour of my skin, however I was/am stopped because I choose to ride a bike. Discrimination nonetheless. I got stopped far less often in cars and I put this down to my choice of cars - I have never fitted the stereotype of a wrong'un in a Dyane, Berlingo, Mini, Polo, Fiesta, 131 etc etc etc. My point being, if you look like you are potentially up to no good, you are more likely to get stopped.

Did her driver look like he was up to no good? In this instance, no. It was a clear case of thick fingers, for which plod duly and politely apologised. I agree with Arry, whilst we couldn't see properly, if the driver was black he was suffering from Michael Jackson syndrome, so no argument of racial profiling stands up either. Methinks she loved it, so much she probably went home for a lady-wank before going in front of the camera.

If the BBC's figures are correct, is a pull once every 10 years such a big price to pay for a police force that looks for wrong'uns?

When a lifetime Leftie and proud thinks this way, you know there is something amiss...

There's several comments exactly down these lines on her Twitter feed and she's labelled each and every one of them as racists.

Anyone that actually has the ability to see through her paper thin story and expose the sub-plot is instantly racist. How's that helpful.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:19 - 10 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was out in the car with wifie just now when this mp being stopped was on the radio.

I was utterly amazed when she said she was fed up hearing about BLM/racism/being offended etc. From my very left wing, migrant loving, tree hugging, feminist wife that was an eyeopener.

If people like her (and Diggs) have had enough, I don't give it that much longer before it dies a death. If they've lost the mainstream white 'vote' and it's just the fanatics that are left, it's history, till the next black person is killed by a white.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:54 - 10 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

If people like her (and Diggs) have had enough, I don't give it that much longer before it dies a death. If they've lost the mainstream white 'vote' and it's just the fanatics that are left, it's history, till the next black person is killed by a white.

The sad thing is that the principle of BLM, i.e. everyone deserves the same chance in life, is valid, and I will always believe that. The debate has been hijacked by nutters from all points of the political compass, and this in turn has made it into the angry, divisive topic it is now.

Ordinary people like Mrs Polarbear and myself are called 'racist' by idiots who write for the Guardian, when in reality we believe in free speech, fair play and are far less racist than those who seek to divide by setting groups against each other like the 'Hampstead elite'.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:10 - 10 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

The sad thing is that the principle of BLM, i.e. everyone deserves the same chance in life, is valid, and I will always believe that. The debate has been hijacked by nutters from all points of the political compass, and this in turn has made it into the angry, divisive topic it is now.

Ordinary people like Mrs Polarbear and myself are called 'racist' by idiots who write for the Guardian, when in reality we believe in free speech, fair play and are far less racist than those who seek to divide by setting groups against each other like the 'Hampstead elite'.

Absolutely. I don't for one second believe that there isn't racism in the UK but as said previously, it's generally the football meatheads or the opinionated pensioners. Everyone is clear that it isn't acceptable - and takes a stand against it when it comes up. See football crowds / lifetime bans for details.

But I do not accept that the UK is institutionally racist and that there is a deliberate effort to keep black people 'in their place'. Not every problem in the black community is as a result of this institutional racism - it's ridiculous to suggest it.

More than anything what I find abhorrent about it is the inference that I'm part of the problem if I don't believe that the UK is institutionally racist. That leaves me in a pickle doesn't it - because I don't believe it and what does that mean for me? I'm a racist Sad

I also find the ability of the black community to say things like 'all these white people' - as if we're all the same - as racist as it comes and it should be called out as being just that. I am not the same as other white people just because I'm white, and I will not just fit into their identity politics box because it makes it easier for them to apply group accountability to me.

I'm also not apologising for slavery - I didn't have a hand in it.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:33 - 10 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair play.

We have come a million miles since the 1970s. It didn't used to be illegal to discriminate on grounds of 'race'. It is now.

Quote:
I also find the ability of the black community to say things like 'all these white people' - as if we're all the same - as racist

Is it the black community as a whole, or individuals within? By suggesting that it is the whole of the black community, you are doing what you argue is wrong. Smile

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:51 - 10 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

Is it the black community as a whole, or individuals within? By suggesting that it is the whole of the black community, you are doing what you argue is wrong. Smile

Haha, sort of Laughing

I'm only really using the term black community because it's a created term to give group identity. I don't feel the need to say 'the white community' - to me, it's just the population as a whole.

What I really mean is that black people are able to imply that 'white people are all the same'. I find that offensive as I'm not the same as anyone else just because I'm white. That takes away from my individuality and labels me unnecessarily and unfairly.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:08 - 10 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow Dawn Butler's abbreviated video of the event has been flipped, falsely implying that she was in the driving seat. I guess the real driver wasn't black enough to fit the storyline. He'll be written out. The "equalities minister" appears to be race baiting.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:27 - 10 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was talking with an ex workmate, a British Indian down on the canal last weekend and when the chatting got round to BLM he was pretty scathing about it because in his view it was BLACK lives matter and the Asians weren't invited to the show, not that he wanted to be anyway.

I don't know if what he said is right or what but except for certain religious fervour they don't seem to be into mass demonstrations and riots.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:49 - 10 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
a British Indian...

I don't know if what he said is right or what but except for certain religious fervour they don't seem to be into mass demonstrations and riots.

Can't help but think they fit in much better with the naturally reserved character of the British people. All this BLM stuff is just so unseemly Laughing

Actually, I think it's a generational thing. The young generations are all so vulgar. Can't we just do away with the lot of 'em?

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:42 - 11 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Very soon the police will be told/decide not to stop any black people. Obviously not officially but it won't be worth the risk of their jobs, accusations of racism, general BLM whining.

That's the idea.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 258 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 182, 183, 184  Next
Page 74 of 184