Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Black Lives Matter.....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 119, 120, 121 ... 182, 183, 184  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:14 - 11 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

And that's nail on head - but it doesn't mean he was killed by a racist white cop because he was black. That's all the circus want to make this about.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 15:18 - 11 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was killed by a drug overdose. He died because of a combination of lack of training and ambivalence.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:59 - 11 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
He was killed by a drug overdose. He died because of a combination of lack of training and ambivalence.

I can usually easily concur with your opinions on 99% of stuff.

But in the GF case I beg to differ.

If we put life and life's values at the mercy of courts then we are heading to a very austere end.

What we are watching I the GF case is almost the application of reason adopted by primitive tribunal.

Many things led to the demise of GF.

As far as 'reasoned' members of society would understand it, he was on a crash course to disaster.
For what ever reasons in the background.

He was a mile high on opiates, meth and canaboids was:
Pre-diagnosed with hypertension and heart problems.
A convicted armed robber.
Driving/in the driver seat whilst intoxicated.
Resisting arrest (until his heart failure prevented him resisting anymore).
Had recently ingested an exceessive quantities of illicit drugs. (Several of the drugs in tablet form were discovered in the police car with GF saliva/DNA on them.) He probably swallowed them as he saw the police roll up so he would not be busted for drugs and go back to jail. Probably automatically if still out on licence.

I watched the video the first day it was published.
I saw a man being held down by three policemen because he was resisting arrest.
I watched as he stopped resisting and heard people shouting that the police should check him.

I also saw police trying to keep the scene secure by telling people on the pavement to stay back. That is what we expect.

If Floyd had not been high AF and resisting arrest with uppers and downers dulling his senses (pain numbing means muscles don't have the sensory indicators to prevent self harm from over exertion.)
He would more than likely not have died at the roadside.

He was not fit to battle with police.
Police had a duty to control a combative suspect.
I believe many professional med people would not want to be any one of those policemen in that exact situation.

The restraint did not kill Floyd.
It was not the best thing to do to a person having a heart attack/cardiac event but the police had to control the situation before evaluating the general health of the suspect. They are not doctor's.

There will be riots, Minneapolis may burn again but George Floyd picked the wrong fite that day.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:27 - 11 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The police wanted to keep hold of him as someone off their chops might wander into traffic, etc. Locking him in the back of a cop car would have been the best place while they waited for the ambulance that they had called. Mr. Floyd himself requested to be held on the ground rather than sit in the car.

Could they have done a few things better? Of course! But that list is tiny compared to all the things they actually did right.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:30 - 12 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

And we have a new martyr for the crowds to riot I mean peacefully demonstrate for:

Duante Wright:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56714346

Shot by police (colour of police officer not yet revealed) who were trying to arrest him over an outstanding warrant. It sounds pretty bad.

Quote:
What happened to Daunte Wright?
In a statement, the Brooklyn Center Police Department said had officers pulled a man over for a traffic violation on Sunday afternoon and determined that he had an outstanding arrest warrant.

They said that when police tried to arrest him, he re-entered the vehicle.

An officer then shot the driver, who drove on for several blocks before he crashed into another vehicle. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

According to BBC, his mum said:
Quote:
Mr Wright's mother, Katie, said her son had called her during the traffic stop for car insurance details. She said she then heard scuffling and the phone was cut.

"A minute later, I called and his girlfriend answered, who was the passenger in the car, and said that he'd been shot... and my son was laying there lifeless."

Here's a Twitter link to what was actually said:
https://www.revolt.tv/news/2021/4/11/22379213/daunte-wright-killed-by-cops

Arrow Put the phone down and get out of the car
Arrow Why?
Arrow We'll explain to you when you get out of the car
Arrow I heard scuffling
Arrow Duante - don't run!

Doh! Doh! Doh!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:05 - 12 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:

Arrow Put the phone down and get out of the car
Arrow Why?
Arrow We'll explain to you when you get out of the car
Arrow I heard scuffling
Arrow Duante - don't run!

Doh! Doh! Doh!

When will they learn?
Blacks boast about telling their kids to fear the police because they will shoot you and to run away as soon as you can.

Police say stop, you stop. Police give you instructions, you follow instructions. Both stay alive. (cop was shot dead at a vehicle stop the day before)
If you have warrants out for you, then you know what is going to happen. No point fighting it, you are going to jail. Let the courts sort it out, not the copper on the side of the road. He wants to go home at the end of the day too.

When Blacks value their lives, perhaps others may too.

Well at least there will be people with new trainers and TVs.

Loui5D
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 12:56 - 12 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://archive.is/4ekhj

oh look, another self confessed marxist abusing it's position.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:05 - 12 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56724798

And it gets more complicated.

Arrow Taser
Arrow Taser
Arrow Taser

Either way, the video evidence quite clearly shows the lad doing a runner - absolute non-story if he just, I dunno, does what he's blinkin' well told?

Further props - black copper on scene Thumbs Up Clearly a HN.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:44 - 12 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Londoners three times more likely to be murdered than other ethnic groups, figures show.

And while it’s not headline-worthy the same article says,
Quote:
Black people were also four times more likely to be convicted of murder and were on average three years younger than the mean age of 23 at the time, while white killers were 10 years older.

Quote:
”We are disproportionately poor and that drives family breakdown, and as a result we are over represented in violence and homicide figures. For Black people, racism and poverty are the greatest forms of violence; institutional racism represents an existential threat and a public health crisis.”

In which case why aren’t the poorest sections of other groups at it? It’s clearly a cultural thing and the community must recognise that before it can change. Start with realistic aspirations and a work-ethic which doesn’t depend on becoming an “artist”.

Meanwhile Racial discrimination in local public services is twice as high among ethnic minority groups and may be driving vaccine hesitancy, a report has warned. Pure hearsay and diversion.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:27 - 13 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot see how there is any logical correlation between vaccine take up and racism. What do they think is going to happen? That the doctors are going to inject them with arsenic or something because they are black?

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:52 - 13 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a weirdness everywhere.
I hope and trust that authorities have some back up plan to de-fuse the situations all over the world just now.
Social media is not helping.
News outlets are hopeless shit.
Government agencies are full of inept.
The stupid seem to have the upper hand at the moment.
And we have a viral pandemic.

I wish God would send his son to bang everyone's heads together again.

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:01 - 13 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I cannot see how there is any logical correlation between vaccine take up and racism. What do they think is going to happen? That the doctors are going to inject them with arsenic or something because they are black?

Pfizer (as one example) uses 'vaccine charity' work in poor African countries as a facade to illegally test unapproved vaccines - with sometimes deadly results. I guess the poor are less likely to litigate.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:04 - 13 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

A natural suspicion, it goes back hundreds of years.

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:05 - 13 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

A natural suspicion, it goes back hundreds of years.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2007/jun/05/health.healthandwellbeing1

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 09:10 - 13 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

That article is 13 years old and contains nothing more than an allegation.

How about a link showing the outcome of the court case?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:39 - 13 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps I should have said 'in this country' as we are talking about British blacks.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:36 - 13 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:
Pfizer (as one example) uses 'vaccine charity' work in poor African countries as a facade to illegally test unapproved vaccines - with sometimes deadly results.

Do they though?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:59 - 13 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Kris wrote:
Pfizer (as one example) uses 'vaccine charity' work in poor African countries as a facade to illegally test unapproved vaccines - with sometimes deadly results.

Do they though?

You could say exactly the same for the covidv19 testing regime. Countries that allow trials get preferential treatment when it comes to buying the vaccine. It's nothing new and done with the government approval.

Knowing how Nigerian society works, the government probably wanted a bigger backhander and ramped up the pressure on Pfizer when they didn't get it.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:21 - 13 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:

Oh aye? Nigeria are accusing Pfizer? Really? Nigeria have not much credibility as a Nation for 'Truth and Reliability'.

I wouldn't worry about Nigeria in this respect.

Ayrton
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:35 - 13 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Kris wrote:

Oh aye? Nigeria are accusing Pfizer? Really? Nigeria have not much credibility as a Nation for 'Truth and Reliability'.

Looks like they paid out though
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/aug/11/pfizer-nigeria-meningitis-drug-compensation

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:58 - 13 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't trawled all 127 pages of this thread to check but has anyone raised the point that there are not many black/people of colour among our ilk?

I mean even the 'Black Rebel Motorcycle Club' seem to be operating under false pretences.

There's Carl Cox of course and I saw Chris Harris on a bike on top gear the other day, plus I saw some Sikh guys riding around (helmetless) on Easter Sunday.

But, overall I get the impression motorcycling is mainly a white man preserve .. just a thought.

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:16 - 13 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:

But, overall I get the impression motorcycling is mainly a white man preserve .. just a thought.

There's more BAME bikers around here than white bikers - by some way actually; well if you count Deliveroo scoots anyway Laughing

But on a serious note, neighbour across the road is black and has a blackbird - and no I don't mean his wife!

I've met a few bikers who happen to be black across my biking life but no, not many. Maybe the ones I've met are just the ones that can transcend the horrific oppression that white bikers give out to them systemically?

GSTEEL32
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 15:01 - 13 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

So Black Londoners are 3 times more likely to be murdered, and 4 times more likely to be convicted of murder ?

So unless the 2 are mutually exclusive, its Black on Black then ?... so not racist.

Quite the opposite in fact.

I'm also not particularly enamored by blaming a lot of this on poverty. It depends on how you define "poverty". No food, no house.... perhaps.... only 3 x-box's and a mobile phone ?... perhaps not ....

I think it also detracts from those that were born in this country in true poverty and pulled their way out through hard work and education ....... or is it racist to suggest its as easy as that ?

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:14 - 13 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Kris wrote:

Five children died on Trovan and six on ceftriaxone. But later it was claimed that Pfizer did not have proper consent from parents to use an experimental drug on their children and questions were raised over the documentation of the trial.

US-based Pfizer had argued that meningitis and not its antibiotic had led to the deaths of 11 children and harm to dozens of others. But in 2009 it reached a tentative out-of-court settlement with the Kano state government worth $75m.

But last year a US diplomatic cable uncovered by WikiLeaks revealed that Pfizer hired investigators to look for evidence of corruption against the Nigerian attorney general in an effort to persuade him to drop the legal action.

The cable reported a meeting between Pfizer's country manager, Enrico Liggeri, and US officials at the Abuja embassy on 9 April 2009. It stated: "According to Liggeri, Pfizer had hired investigators to uncover corruption links to federal attorney general Michael Aondoakaa to expose him and put pressure on him to drop the federal cases.

Nigerians bad, westerners good you say? Rolling Eyes Laughable.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:33 - 13 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

So investigating if he was dirty is wrong?

The UK actually has laws preventing UK companies from getting involved in 'graft' overseas.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 350 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 119, 120, 121 ... 182, 183, 184  Next
Page 120 of 184