Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Black Lives Matter.....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 140, 141, 142 ... 182, 183, 184  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:49 - 03 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

the "youths" are out enjoying the sunny weather...
https://www.rt.com/uk/525455-britain-stabbing-knifes-hyde-london/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:40 - 03 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

And in the evening:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-57327656

When will the police learn: their services are not welcome. There's no Blue in People of Colour Rolling Eyes

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 23:36 - 03 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

So. I see quite a lot of people in the crowd booed the England association-football players who were taking a knee before their game today.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:25 - 04 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
So. I see quite a lot of people in the crowd booed the England association-football players who were taking a knee before their game today.

Hardly surprising. I think most people see through this BLM bullshit by now. And I reckon it's as much a statement of "keep politics out of sport" as much as a reaction to the political message itself.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:03 - 04 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzLBMVXRpdg

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:28 - 04 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Channel 5's drama - Boleyn.

About, yes correct, Anne Boleyn., 2nd wife of Henry VIII who after getting his leg over, chopped her head off so he could get into Jane Seymour's knickers.

Anne Boleyn who was white so who do Channel 5 cast as her? Jodie Smith. Lets examine the similarities shall we?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5LHoLLf2k-q_fBVRaEYsgX-kwrA7hbsy8dQ&usqp=CAU

Hmm, something not quite right there. Thinking

Of course it's channel 5 doing the 'look at us being diverse' routine so how about doing a Nelson Mandela drama and casting, oh lets say Daniel Craig as Mandela. I'm sure it would go down a storm. Thumbs Up

When you have the PC brigade howling because a voice over of an Indian in the Simpsons done by a white man is cultural appropriation, then surely this is 10 times over.

Hypocrisy (edited because I'm a thicko who got his Hippocracy mixed up with is Hypocrisy and was given lines by teacher chickenstrip) rules. Thumbs Up

Last edited by Polarbear on 11:06 - 04 Jun 2021; edited 2 times in total

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:34 - 04 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Channel 5's drama - Boleyn.

About, yes correct, Anne Boleyn., 2nd wife of Henry VIII who after getting his leg over, chopped her head off so he could get into Jane Seymour's knickers.

Anne Boleyn who was white so who do Channel 5 cast as her? Jodie Smith. Lets examine the similarities shall we?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5LHoLLf2k-q_fBVRaEYsgX-kwrA7hbsy8dQ&usqp=CAU

Hmm, something not quite right there. Thinking

Of course it's channel 5 doing the 'look at us being diverse' routine so how about doing a Nelson Mandela drama and casting, oh lets say Daniel Craig as Mandela. I'm sure it would go down a storm. Thumbs Up

When you have the PC brigade howling because a voice over of an Indian in the Simpsons done by a white man is cultural appropriation, then surely this is 10 times over.

Hippocracy rules. Thumbs Up

All very silly. These mainstream channels have had their day though. The sad thing to me is the loss of good documentaries such as the BBC used to do.

It's hypocrisy btw. Don't want to be a grammar nazi, but felt that one needed pointing out, don't bite my head off! Smile
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:00 - 04 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casting a black woman as Anne Boleyn is making a statement about relative job opportunities in the acting profession rather than an attempt to achieve historic accuracy. The question should be whether such a statement is necessary...

In terms of the performance, I'm sure Ms Smith pulls it off equally as well as a honkey.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:02 - 04 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Casting a black woman as Anne Boleyn is making a statement about relative job opportunities in the acting profession rather than an attempt to achieve historic accuracy. The question should be whether such a statement is necessary...

In terms of the performance, I'm sure Ms Smith pulls it off equally as well as a honkey.

Crap, it's pure political bullshit. A 'look at us' being whatever. They would never in a million years thought to put a black actress in that part if it wasn't for the BLM movement.

Last edited by Polarbear on 11:08 - 04 Jun 2021; edited 1 time in total

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:03 - 04 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

its a shame they dont use their wallets to show their displeasure.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:08 - 04 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Diggs wrote:

Crap, it's pure political bullshit.

It is doubtless intended to promote a reaction and a debate, that's for sure... Personally I think Alan Carr should be the next Chicken George.

GSTEEL32
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 20:54 - 04 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've pretty much given up on Tele since this nonsense has started ..... Invariably, these "crime" dramas have 4 police characters to reflect the "cosmopolitan vibe of our great capital city":

1 middle aged white woman who is invariably the boss. More balls than me. Spends most of her day on the phone to her f**ked up kids.
1 middle aged white guy, on the wrong side of a mental breakdown or marriage breakup. Badly dressed. Clearly a $hit dad. Alcoholic.
1 young black lad whose probably "from the streetz, innit". Usually solves the crime because he knows how to operate a phone and a laptop. Drives a car which is clearly too expensive for the going rate for a 28 year old copper.
1 Asian, could be male or female, but incredibly anglicized, probably quite posh .... seems to be ridiculously au fait with the police database software ....

... and then, ironically, for people who actually live in the real world, I see the following from our friend Clarissa Dick:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/met-chief-cressida-dick-calls-for-law-to-favour-minority-recruits-z0kcxq62l

You can't make this $hit up.....

Oops nearly forgot - invariably the Head Honcho of the police is usually a black woman, that strolls around asking people to "get some bl00dy results".... also, weirdly posh ......

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:40 - 04 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The producers used identity-conscious casting for the series, similar to how theatre productions have long approached casting historical plays.

Mark Stanley, who plays Henry VIII in the Anne Boleyn cast, exclusively told RadioTimes.com, “Jodie has a lot in common with Anne Boleyn. She’s a strong, opinionated, scarily intelligent person. She was also bringing up a young child at the time that we were on set, and she’s quite awe-inspiring really. If you put that all in a box, actually, it’s very similar indeed.

“It was all about this being the right person for the job, rather than what we as a society might perceive as the ‘right look’ for the job. Anne Boleyn was beautiful, witty, vibrant, intelligent and Jodie is all of those things. She brought our Anne to life in a way another actress couldn’t.”

The three-part series is described as a “re-imagining” of Anne Boleyn’s life, re-examining her final five months and her legacy through a feminist lens.

According to Channel 5, identity-conscious casting “makes space for and embraces how actors and artists can bring their whole identities or even parts of their identities to a character. Actors from minority backgrounds that are not often represented on screen can therefore claim parts that correspond to their personal identities, without being limited by them”.

Not bound by the “casting constraints historically adopted within period dramas,” this approach gave the Anne Boleyn producers the freedom to tell Anne Boleyn’s story in a way that will “resonate broadly with a contemporary audience”.

Laughing Rolling Eyes Thinking

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/drama/anne-boleyn-channel-5-casting/

Johnnythefox
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 13:15 - 05 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to Channel Five casting a white man to play Muhammed Ali and The Prophet in their next productions...

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:19 - 05 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnnythefox wrote:
Looking forward to Channel Five casting a white man to play Muhammed Ali and The Prophet in their next productions...

Or the chieftain of a Zulu tribe Laughing

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:24 - 05 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or... Laughing

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EuaY7WGWQAAtcJC?format=jpg&name=medium

Johnnythefox
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 13:24 - 05 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sentries report Zulus Sir, thousands of 'em and they're all white...

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 13:25 - 05 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if they used a black actor whited up for Anne Boelyn like they use a white singer blacked up for Othello operas?

Incidentally, the main reason they do that is because there isn'ty a black opera singer who can actually perform the part of Othello to a high enough standard. There are very few white ones who can.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:34 - 05 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, not even black actresses can black up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53676550

The photo of Zoe Saldana is probably the palest one they could find, just to emphasise the point.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:56 - 05 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Nope, not even black actresses can black up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53676550

The photo of Zoe Saldana is probably the palest one they could find, just to emphasise the point.

Well, as long as all this crap keeps those nasty activist types off the street.
Oh, wait... Rolling Eyes
Thinking about it, does anyone else think that if we could exterminate all the SJWs, we'd get some social justice? Very Happy

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:43 - 06 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its all a tad daft. I do like the idea of a reverse-colour Zulu though. Instead of singing Zulu chants, the blokes on the hill could sing 'you're going home in a f...ing ambulance', and in turn the defenders could sing gospel whilst cooking up rice and 'ting. I jest...

I am all in favour of people of different colours playing established roles. A favourite of mine would be to have Samuel L Jackson as the next Bond.

"I'll have a dry martini, shaken not stirred, motherfucker..."

Another good one would be Snoop Dog playing Sir Walter Raleigh bringing Tobacco back from the new world. Plenty of fun to be had in that scenario...

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:41 - 06 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what you lot are getting all fired up over.

Jesus (born to a middle eastern jewish family) has been portrayed as a White European by White Europeans and their followers for 2000 years.

Shocked

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:24 - 06 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

He self-identified as white.
Quote:
John 12:46 - I have come into the world as light

Laughing

“Middle Eastern” covers a range of tones but mostly ‘olive-skinned’ or tanned. “Black Jesus” is a modern contrivance.... if he existed at all. Shocked

Anyway, his real Dad was definitely an Englishman. Laughing

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:38 - 06 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
He self-identified as white.
Quote:
John 12:46 - I have come into the world as light

Laughing

“Middle Eastern” covers a range of tones but mostly ‘olive-skinned’ or tanned. “Black Jesus” is a modern contrivance.... if he existed at all. Shocked

Anyway, his real Dad was definitely an Englishman. Laughing

No he's not. Have you never seen the documentary 'Bruce almighty'?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:44 - 06 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

I am all in favour of people of different colours playing established roles. A favourite of mine would be to have Samuel L Jackson as the next Bond.

"I'll have a dry martini, shaken not stirred, motherfucker..."

Are you insane? Are you one of these British haters? Are you a secret Diane lover?

FFS Diggs, Jackson is a fucking YANK. Puke
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 323 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 140, 141, 142 ... 182, 183, 184  Next
Page 141 of 184