Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Black Lives Matter.....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 143, 144, 145 ... 182, 183, 184  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 10:07 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is loads of overt racism in Scottish football... None of it has anything to do with black people.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 10:49 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
There is loads of overt racism in Scottish football... None of it has anything to do with black people.

I thought it ws more sectarian than racist.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:26 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:

There's very, very little racism in English football. Eastern Europe (and Europe in hot spots) have issues.

The press ham up the racism in this country like the racist abuse online on twitter they keep reporting on. The fact is every single match I've ever been to had been so multicultural if you started making monkey chants in the crowd you'd have full scale infighting. It just doesn't happen that often and when it does, it's such a small % of football crowds and they get dealt with proper.

Remember Shaun Wright Phillips calling out racist abuse on twitter because the N word had popped up in a handful of tweets.... Well, BBC didn't report that those tweets were by black men Laughing

Interesting. Ive only ever been to one football match in my life and that was to see Leeds back in 1981. I cant remember any racism but it was fucking terrifyingly violent both on the terraces and jn the streets around the stadium. Ok I can accept that the actual racism amongst football fans is overblown but wouldn't it better just to boycot the kneeling and leave the stadium?

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:32 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

There's also a long standing tradition in Scotland of playing down football hooliganism usually posturing to make out hooliganism is a problem of English football and not for the oh so superior Scots. I believe the same thjngs giing to happen when Scotland takes to the pitch in the Euros as the team is going to take the knee.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:12 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:

There's also a long standing tradition in Scotland of playing down football hooliganism usually posturing to make out hooliganism is a problem of English football and not for the oh so superior Scots. I believe the same thjngs giing to happen when Scotland takes to the pitch in the Euros as the team is going to take the knee.

If we see you at the Scotland V England match.

"You're gawny get her fuckin' heid kicked in!" Pal.

There is rarely any football violence reported in tv, t'internet or paper press these days.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen but it must only be isolated incidents.
Not the trainloads of yobs of yore.

(And you English Bastirts did have a Famous reputation for football hooliganism.)

When the cold war ended we got more evidence of scum from Soviet Cuntrys coming into European football.
And the other evil arseholes, Galatasaray fans (Who the English tried to Back-Scuttle)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_UEFA_Cup_Final_riots

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:18 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:

I thought it ws more sectarian than racist.

It is sectarian they mostly go in for but black players have been targeted too.
We don't have as many black people in Scotland. We could never afford them when they were traded. We had enough of our own slaves.

One must remember, footballers are not noted for intellect so it follows that the people that follow them are probably educationally Sub-normal too.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:50 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

One must remember, footballers are not noted for intellect so it follows that the people that follow them are probably educationally Sub-normal too.

Well some footballers apparently https://www.google.com/amp/s/theconversation.com/amp/racism-in-football-new-research-shows-media-treats-black-men-differently-to-white-men-160841

It's getting to the how many angels can stand on the head of a pin level of scrutiny.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:23 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back when I was young and went to watch Bristol City in the 70's there was horrendous violence. I remember one time a right riot where the thugs were hurling darts nicked from pubs at police horses and Cardiff fans.

There was racism, but it wasn't the way racism is now. Players were insulted, ridiculed and wound up any way the fans could. It didn't matter with most people they were black, it was just another way of insulting them. White opposing players were called everything under the sun as well and if they were queer it was open season. The thing is though, it was to get under their skin and stop them playing well. Black players on your team weren't booed, insulted or ridiculed. Remember, these were the days of 'sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me' and the thought police and facebook jail was way in the future.

There was probably more racism in the stands among the crowds and that was aimed more at 'Pakis' than blacks.

Anyway, if you wanted to hear really disgusting insults thrown at you, be a ref.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:32 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Anyway, if you wanted to hear really disgusting insults thrown at you, be a ref.

So that's why they wear black.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:43 - 19 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://metro.co.uk/2021/06/18/huge-700lb-bronze-george-floyd-statue-unveiled-in-new-jersey-14794990/

No, freakin', way Laughing

https://metro.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/SEC_83650171.jpg

Quote:
Mr Watts added: ‘The world needed a peaceful George’, said Mr Watts, who sculpted the bronze statue showing Mr Floyd sitting on a park bench.

‘The world needed him relaxed and chilling on a bench and that’s what we produced and we produced him larger than life, because after death, George will be remembered.’

Whaaaaaat Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:03 - 19 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:

Whaaaaaat Laughing

At least it's a properly sculpted peace of work unlike that 3d scanned and printed crap of the woman doing the black power salute stuck on top of the Coulson statue plinth.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:13 - 19 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

we are living in clown world
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

GSTEEL32
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 12:15 - 19 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we're now erecting statutes in honor of men with a chequered past....

But we're also saying we definitely need to remove statues of men because of their chequered past, albeit 200 years earlier ?

So drug dealers and burglars are to be lauded, while anyone who used their success for philanthropic causes, should be erased from history ?

Seems rational.

BLM.

Power to the people etc. etc. etc.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:21 - 19 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSTEEL32 wrote:

But we're also saying we definitely need to remove statues of men because of their chequered past, albeit 200 years earlier ?

So drug dealers and burglars are to be lauded, while anyone who used their success for philanthropic causes, should be erased from history ?

Seems rational.

BLM.

its the erasure and replacement of white christian history. been going on for years, the perpetrators are just a lot bolder these days.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:36 - 19 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this which seems to be a pretty well researched article on Floyds criminal history.
https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/06/12/george-floyd-criminal-record/

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:41 - 19 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSTEEL32 wrote:

Seems rational.

BLM.

So what's the threshold to deny any acts that might celebrate an individual? Isn't this becoming a real problem in our society where everyones history is open to be searched and then used against them? Cancel culture and social credit culture, how many of us will be immune from it in the future?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:32 - 19 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
its the erasure and replacement of white christian history. been going on for years, the perpetrators are just a lot bolder these days.

The central problem with Christianity is that Truth is held in high regard. While this is very noble Truth is ultimately self-destructive for any religion.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:00 - 19 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

The central problem with Christianity is that Truth is held in high regard. While this is very noble Truth is ultimately self-destructive for any religion.

This is because religions are regarded in the wrong way. If you look at them as attempts to set an ideal, something to strive towards, I'm certain many who believe in them get a lot from them, as have various societies through the ages. We place our own interpretations on them, which is where things go wrong, since they can be interpreted in so many ways. But here in the West, Christianity has given much to our society. It's just a question of discerning what is useful, positive, relevant. It's easy to take the negative from it and live by that, not so easy to live by the higher moral standards that a god figure sets. Unachievable in fact, but I think the point is to strive for that.

There IS a kind of truth within many of them, if you don't take the stories they tell literally.

Oh shit chickenstrip, what have you said?! Shocked Incoming, take cover! Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:06 - 19 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
https://metro.co.uk/2021/06/18/huge-700lb-bronze-george-floyd-statue-unveiled-in-new-jersey-14794990/

No, freakin', way Laughing

https://metro.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/SEC_83650171.jpg

Quote:
Mr Watts added: ‘The world needed a peaceful George’, said Mr Watts, who sculpted the bronze statue showing Mr Floyd sitting on a park bench.

‘The world needed him relaxed and chilling on a bench and that’s what we produced and we produced him larger than life, because after death, George will be remembered.’

Whaaaaaat Laughing

Did anyone notice the size of the tits on that big cunt in red?

GSTEEL32
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:30 - 19 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

Did anyone notice the size of the tits on that big cunt in red?

Could also be rephrased as:

Did anyone notice the size of the (insert body part here) on that big cunt in red ?

I'll be honest here MCN, I could have really done with you as a wing man, back when I was a 19 year old in nightclubs ....... you'd have saved me a lot of "experimentation" with girls I'd have described as "not my usual sort" ......

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:06 - 20 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XI4tDCmevQ

Laughing

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 13:40 - 20 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

There wasn't all is hysteria about statues being taken down when it was Saddam's, Stalin's, Hitler's and Ceaușescu's, but then again they were despised by the Western world.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:48 - 20 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
There wasn't all is hysteria about statues being taken down when it was Saddam's, Stalin's, Hitler's and Ceaușescu's, but then again they were despised by the Western world.

Nobby, let's face it, you're just feckin weird Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:16 - 20 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Because they weren't historical, they were put up by themselves to celebrate themselves and the people who pulled them down had actually suffered under their rule. Almost a form of catharsis for them.

There isn't hysteria as you call it to tear down statues of Ceaser or Caligula or any other Roman emperor who dabbled in slavery and genocide is there. There is only hysteria about tearing down statues of British people who profited from slavery of BLACK people. Note black, no other slaves matter.

When Colston dealt in slaves it was acceptable and legal. Altruism was confined to your own people, just as the colonisation of weaker and inferior countries was considered perfectly acceptable (survival of the fittest?) by the people back then. Because it isn't acceptable now shouldn't mean we tear down anything that celebrates their work because most modern day idiots can't get it through their heads that different times produced different ideas and people.

The fact Colston dealt in slaves doesn't detract what he did for Bristol but hey, lets let the mob rule and pull down the statue. You might find that acceptable, I don't.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:21 - 20 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just had a thought. Perhaps the reason Muslims don't allow images of Mohammed is actually quite a clever idea. It means there aren't ever any statues of him to pull down.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 304 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 143, 144, 145 ... 182, 183, 184  Next
Page 144 of 184