Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Black Lives Matter.....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 182, 183, 184  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:31 - 11 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tangent - Still holding to something wrong with Americano police methodology, those poor animals https://www.kare11.com/news/video-shows-mpls-officer-shoot-dogs-in-owners-yard/455375082

Going
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 01:54 - 12 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raffles wrote:
Jona appears to have The IPCC and The CPS on side (no surprises there).

Policewoman to face charges for tasering an uncooperative, abusive, suspect.

I'll wager that Jona is struggling to see anything at the moment with all of those pound signs flashing before his eyes.

Quote:
PC Claire Boddie, 47, allegedly tasered Avon and Somerset Police's race relations advisor Judah Adunbi

Allegedly! The video shows her doing it. Then after she has shot him, she says "You're being tasered alright". No shit, thought I'll just have lye down here for the fun of it.

I bet she just wanted to shoot somebody to see what it's like and he just did not to want to cooperate.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:51 - 12 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Then I should be owed a small fortune for the amount of kickings I got in the back of police vans when I was a little scrote. Thumbs Up

They want to deter police from prosecuting non-whites.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:55 - 12 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tierbirdy wrote:
I dont think you can really compare "1950s movement of peaceful disobedience against unjust racial segregation" to "being a bit of a obtuse cunt, and resisting arrest"

Why can't I?

Is it because I am Scotch? Shocked

Seems to me like Dindu knew his rights better than the coppers did.

The progression is:

Arrow Form a reasonable belief that an offence has been committed by that person.
Arrow Then and only then demand name and address.
Arrow Arrest when name / address is not provided.

It is not:

Arrow Challenge a person to prove their identity.
Arrow Conclude from their legal refusal to answer that they must be Other Dindu.
Arrow Frying tonight.

We don't know how specific the description of Other Dindu was, or the start of the barney, but the point is that they must first form a reasonable belief that Dindu is Other Dindu before requiring name and address.

Given that - after investigation - the prosecution has swapped around from Dindu to Tessa Tazer, I'd conclude that they got it wrong, as many, many coppers do.

Tierbirdy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 14:06 - 12 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, she probably did get it wrong. But if Dindu had cooperated and then dealt with his hurt feelings at being racially profiled at a later date trough the correct channels, he wouldn't have had Crispy Fried Justice for dinner.

I'm not saying the police are infallible, we all know they aren't, I'm saying people should stop being cunts and getting surprised at the results of their cuntery. At the point the fuzz said "you're under arrest" if he had stopped being a Dindu AH NO MUH RIGHTS, he probably wouldn't have met TazeyMcTazeface.

I'm pretty sure never in the history of policing has a copper mid-arrest suddenly gone "oh ok then, off you go" when the arrestee spouts off about their rights and how they know better... especially when combined with flailing around a fist full of keys.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:27 - 12 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tierbirdy wrote:
But if Dindu had cooperated and then dealt with his hurt feelings at being racially profiled at a later date trough the correct channels, he wouldn't have had Crispy Fried Justice for dinner.

And nobody would have seen the video and Tessa Taser would have had at most a Talk, No Biscuits, with her Inspector and nothing would have changed.

Tierbirdy wrote:
if he had stopped being a Dindu AH NO MUH RIGHTS, he probably wouldn't have met TazeyMcTazeface.

Sure, and nothing would change. I'm glad that he had more principles than you.

There should be consequences for Taser happy coppers when they get it wrong, because when they're done lighting up Dindu, when they're done tasering blind men with sticks and blind men with sticks, they'll come for you.

Well, me. You, I'm not bothered about.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Fizzoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:10 - 12 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
It's always the same. Instead of approaching the police with an "is it cos i is black" mahoosive chip on your shoulder, why not co-operate like every other citizen does?

Do they?

I don't think it would take much effort to find cases of white folk being tazered for not cooperating, especially if RB can find 2 instances of people being tazered for simply being blind

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:48 - 12 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
why not co-operate like every other citizen does?

You mean like Freementals on the Land?

Rights erode when they're not exercised, until the police come to honestly believe that they no longer exist.

I'm glad that there are kick-off merchants out there, of whatever hue.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:08 - 13 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
It's always the same. Instead of approaching the police with an "is it cos i is black" mahoosive chip on your shoulder, why not co-operate like every other citizen does?

I've never had these bad experiences Dindoo and the Julio's in life experience on a regular basis. Maybe it's because I behave politely, cooperate and don't act like a c*nt when approached by the police?

Dindoo should try it.

So you wait until the fuzz have gone and then be a cunt with others instead, kind of like the cock of the year in school, nice as pie when the big boys are about but reverts to type once they're out of earshot?

Maybe, just maybe, if we had a fit for purpose police force, who actually knew their job, and the laws they are to uphold, oh and not overstep their jurisdiction, they wouldn't have half of the issues that they do.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:21 - 13 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again wrote:

Maybe, just maybe, if we had a fit for purpose police force, who actually knew their job, and the laws they are to uphold, oh and not overstep their jurisdiction, they wouldn't have half of the issues that they do.

Agreed Thumbs Up
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:53 - 13 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know coppers both personally and professionally.

In their personal lives, and in the calm of the office, they are predominantly decent people.

I do not make the mistake of thinking that has any bearing on their behaviour once they put their Super Suits on and go on Justice Patrol.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:26 - 14 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

How many coppers do you know then?

Ever met one when you weren't on the receiving end?

That's why you love them so much. You love receiving their love wand.

How many of your copper mates know the law? And if they're that good, why didn't they become criminal solicitors instead? I'll tell you why, because they know fuck all, and they love the authoritah some uniform gives them. Bit like the school hall monitors. Nobody really likes them except the arselickers like you, and their own sort.

5-0 are like the bin collectors of the law and justice sector. They wish they had a high flying job within the public sector, but didn't have the brains to, so ended up being the bottom rung instead.

My cunt mode is switched off most of the time. It's only when morons like you pop up. Bullshit filter can only let so much pass.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 07:37 - 14 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

5-0 are like the bin collectors of the law and justice sector.

Whoa there.

Bin collectors provide a vital service and we'd instantly miss them if they stopped.

Straight up, with some notable exceptions I don't buy the line that coppers are mostly corrvpt scvm who only get into it for the power. It's a dreadful, thankless job that grinds people up and it's surprising that anyone is daft principled enough to sign up for it.

didn't have the brains to

To be fair, the job has become much more complicated due to our ever-burgeoning plethora of laws, plus the changing interpretation of those often vaguely worded laws by various strata of judges.

Coppers receive surprisingly little on-the-job training, so what they do know can quickly become obsolete.

Recognising that, coppers are increasingly being expected to be graduates and the Met are even taking graduates in directly as detectives, which is going to cause a lot of friction.

If that sounds like I'm excusing Tessa Taser here, I'm not. She got that one badly wrong because quite apart from the technicalities, she failed to demonstrate the judgement moral authority that should be the critical requirement for every copper.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:29 - 14 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

I've never had these bad experiences Dindoo and the Julio's in life experience on a regular basis. Maybe it's because I behave politely, cooperate and don't act like a c*nt when approached by the police?

Dindoo should try it.

How many times have you been approached by the police, and on what grounds?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:00 - 14 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many times have you been approached by the police, and on what grounds?

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:19 - 14 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

I've somehow managed to get through life without any bad experiences of them. On the rare occasions I have been stopped, politeness and cooperation has led to an easy resolution.

Maybe it's cos I isn't black innit?

I was rather drawing the point out of you; if you've not been stopped half dozen times a month just for being the colour you are, then you're unlikely to have the same viewpoint as someone who has.

Back when all this were fields ie when I was a lad, I was on the receiving end of some pretty messed up police harassment (and indeed, in the end, assault), because there was a particular pair of coppers that patrolled my area who made assumptions of my character based on nothing more than my associates - which in this instance happened to be my rogue brother.

I'll try to keep it reasonably unteffey.

I'm white from a working class background. In the late 80's early 90's when the building trade fell on hard times, my dad fell out of work, the house had to go and my family and I got shipped out into social housing in what was (probably still is) one of the worst council estates in the South East.

My brother was always a bit of a rogue and moving into this sort of environment, he quickly fell in with the wrong people. Nothing too heavy - no firearms or heavy drugs, but a lot of robbed goods and definitely a lot of driving around in motors that he was neither licenced or insured to drive, for example. That problem was endemic across the estate and the police knew it, so they'd regularly park up either end and effectively road block it. Sooner rather than later they knew the culprits by eye but of course the kids were cute about it, swapped cars often, kept each other informed when the police were on the estate etc.

One day I was passenger in the back of my brother's mates car. He wasn't a bad bloke was his friend, and I had no reason to suspect the car wasn't squeaky clean, but it turned out this wasn't the case. It was ringed. Into the cells we all went as a result. No evidence against me of course and eventually I was let go. For the record, I was nothing but polite and cooperative - the coppers were anything but; I still remember the feeling of being looked down upon like I was trash, and the attitude of 'we're gonna have you' going right through. From that moment on, I was marked.

Over the course of the next 3 months I was stop and searched the best part of 2 dozen times. I then got my own car - legal as you can be - I was stopped on pretty much a weekly basis. I used to carry my documents with me - the fuckers would give me a producer anyway, just to inconvenience me. They'd continue doing it even though they knew I was legal.

Eventually, I got pulled over after I'd been camping for the weekend and in the back seat floor of the car they found a small ziplock bag - which had been used as packaging for the air bed adapter for the electric pump I'd just bought. They insisted it was a drugs bag and were going to arrest me in front of my new girlfriend that I'd just been away with. I reacted at last, just as they'd wanted, got upset and shouted something like FFS LEAVE ME ALONE! Before I knew it the shorty copper (with massive chip on his shoulder about his height) had stuck his hip in behind my leg and clothes-lined me over with no thought to how I'd land. I smashed my head on the kerb and split my scalp open. I still have the scar. They then sat on me whilst I was bleeding, until 'backup' arrived in the form of a police van. All the while telling my new missus how she shouldn't hang round with losers and delinquents.

All that because they assumed that because of where I came from and who I was related to, I'd be guilty of something eventually.

I was lucky because I had the chance to get off the estate and into a better life. Since then, bar one unfortunate encounter in a supermarket car park, with a traffic plod some years later which I won't go into but he was a complete cnut of the highest order, I've never had any bother with the police either. But then I no longer fit their profile of a career criminal. If I were poor, black and living in South Croydon, I don't suspect I'd be so lucky.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:04 - 14 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
I'd be guilty of something eventually.

How did that work out for you in the end?

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:13 - 14 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
arry wrote:
I'd be guilty of something eventually.

How did that work out for you in the end?

Outstanding Laughing

I don't write wheels though. Honest.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:22 - 14 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
5-0 are like the bin collectors of the law and justice sector.

Whoa there.

Bin collectors provide a vital service and we'd instantly miss them if they stopped.

Straight up, with some notable exceptions I don't buy the line that coppers are mostly corrvpt scvm who only get into it for the power. It's a dreadful, thankless job that grinds people up and it's surprising that anyone is daft principled enough to sign up for it.

didn't have the brains to

To be fair, the job has become much more complicated due to our ever-burgeoning plethora of laws, plus the changing interpretation of those often vaguely worded laws by various strata of judges.

Coppers receive surprisingly little on-the-job training, so what they do know can quickly become obsolete.

Recognising that, coppers are increasingly being expected to be graduates and the Met are even taking graduates in directly as detectives, which is going to cause a lot of friction.

If that sounds like I'm excusing Tessa Taser here, I'm not. She got that one badly wrong because quite apart from the technicalities, she failed to demonstrate the judgement moral authority that should be the critical requirement for every copper.

And so they should be someone with a modicum of brain . If you expect your brain surgeon or mechanic to know what they're doing, why wouldn't you expect it of someone who is dealing with potentially life changing issues?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 259 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 182, 183, 184  Next
Page 17 of 184