Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Black Lives Matter.....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 182, 183, 184  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:30 - 22 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit Luton is quite high on my need to cleanse bombing lists.

When i take over I'll give you plenty of notice to get out before we smell napalm over Kenilworth Road Mr. Green

Actually, you'll smell parts of London burning long before we get to Luton. Thumbs Up

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:43 - 23 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-45616881

Aaaand...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:32 - 23 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I have to admit Luton is quite high on my need to cleanse bombing lists.

When i take over I'll give you plenty of notice to get out before we smell napalm over Kenilworth Road Mr. Green

Actually, you'll smell parts of London burning long before we get to Luton. Thumbs Up

Bomb away fella but try to go for the hotspots. I'll watch the fireworks from my elevated vantage point.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:45 - 23 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-45616881

Aaaand...

Oh you racist - presuming he is of the dark hue. Laughing

I love how nothing is spewed forth from the Abbott and co. If a whitey had done it we would have another Stephen Lawrence tirade but if a darkie does it?

Carry on, nothing to see here.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:48 - 02 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45707227

Don't worry lads, kids will get less stabby if we clean up these middle class casual coke users Laughing

What planet is this guy on?

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:46 - 02 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45707227

Don't worry lads, kids will get less stabby if we clean up these middle class casual coke users Laughing

What planet is this guy on?

He's pretty much making the case for legalising drugs right there. Make the supply legitimate and the middle class losers who aren't hurting anyone but themselves can carry on without funding stabby gangs. They'll have to go back to loan sharking and plain old muggings / robberies / assaults for lols and bragging rights.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:58 - 02 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH I'm surprised the headline isn't the 'win' in the 30-40k income bracket. Clearly shows the price of snort is too damn high (too_damn_high.gif_!!!1one!eleventy).

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 19:03 - 02 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
So, let me get this straight. The proof that white middle class people are responsible for black kids stabbing each other, is because people with a household income over £50K are 1.3% more likely to do Coke than a household with a benefits income of less than £10K?

Nope. 1.3% more of the population in the 50k bracket do coke than in the sub 10k bracket.

People in the 50k bracket are ~60% more likely to do coke than those in the sub 10k bracket. (and this is a far more tabloid headline, I'm surprised the BBC didn't take it)

That's the thing with statistics; you can use them to prove anything you like, especially when you misquote them.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Johnnythefox
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 20:29 - 02 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

People can be so mean, ok so the cocaine thing may or may not be a reason but when some poor black person is thrusting a deadly blade into another poor black person it must be some one else's fault right?
People are all too quick to blame these black knife killers.

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 09:25 - 03 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

It’s % of 16-59 years olds in a household, by income.

2% or 3.3%, it’s still a difference of 1.3%

yes but you said...

mpd72 CPT wrote:
people with a household income over £50K are 1.3% more likely to do Coke than a household with a benefits income of less than £10K?

Which was wrong. Showing you have a poor gasp of both English Comprehension and Maths.

Good at woodwork?

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 10:25 - 03 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

It depends if you're working this massive 1.3% gap out as a ratio or a straight figure. If the figures were 20 people to 33 people, there's nothing wrong with saying 13 people more likely. Comparing them as a ratio is like comparing fuck all to slightly less fuck all

That's not how this works you can't take someone elses presented figure which was a percentage and treat it as a "Straight" figure. even if they had presented both the figures would still work out the same (not a 1.3% more likely).

And you really can't express it as "X Amount of people more likely", seriously.

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 14:30 - 03 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

Most people would see this for the agenda driven bullshit it is, rather than trying to back it up as legitimate.

Facts Have no agenda, you're getting it wrong so I pointed it out, that's all. those figures point out a FACT that based on self reporting, high income households are more likely to USE cocaine. If Iwere you I would have pointed out the last category in the graph, and that all of those people could be in the less than 10k band too. making it roughly equal.
Might be a little Nuanced for you though eh Wink

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 16:37 - 03 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="mpd72 CPT"]
Monkeywrencher wrote:

It's not rocket science. The point I was making, is that the story and graphic are loaded to prove a Virtue Signalling agenda. Anyone can twist the facts to prove that agenda, if you pick the criteria, sample type and size, to meet your pre-agreed agenda, then represent it in a skewed graphic to exaggerate the agenda, some will fall for it.

Some question it, some, like you suck it up and don't.

No you're still not getting it, I'm not Denying or agreeing with your opinion about what the BBC is trying to say with the graph. You used the Figures wrong and made a statement (That 50k households were only 1.3% more likely to use Coke) that was factualy Incorrect. You should Have said a difference of 1.3% that would have been true.

I'm Just trying to help you here I even pointed out where you can look in the graph to pull a better hole in it. It's also perfectly normal to truncate the scale on the graph to show the information clearly, If you did a big graph with all 100% represented it could just as equally be said that it was an agenda driven attempt to hide the fact that middle class whites use more cocaine than the criminal classes.

You need to calm down, perhaps your response when your error was pointed out shouldn't have been to double down and start squirming to make it true but just say "Ok I was wrong there, I meant... But my point is..."

A bit more clear thought and maybe read what people write before screaming lefty and telling the Sheeple to wake up.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:37 - 19 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blame the grand parents for not bringing up the parents properly?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:40 - 11 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welfare mum doesn't want to let go of her meal ticket: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46511026

kerr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:02 - 11 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Welfare mum doesn't want to let go of her meal ticket: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46511026

She used her kid as a barrier and somehow the bbc still spin it as muh brutality Rolling Eyes

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:04 - 12 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not strictly BLM but this backs up my recollection of when things were bad (about 15 years ago): https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-46540182

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:15 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

8 months for having a knife: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-46523489 Obviously if he ran down the street, then tried to smash someones car window with the knife in order to stab them he'd still be walking around Smile

Also racial profiling Crying or Very sad

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:07 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
8 months for having a knife: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-46523489 Obviously if he ran down the street, then tried to smash someones car window with the knife in order to stab them he'd still be walking around Smile

Also racial profiling Crying or Very sad

She added: "This, in such a young life, is the fourth occasion when you have gone out armed with a knife."

The court heard J Hus has six previous convictions for 10 offences between 2011 and 2016 - including possession of a knife.

He also has convictions for violent disorder and has previously been given an ASBO.

Don't go all bnp72 on us, you're better than that.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 106 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 182, 183, 184  Next
Page 38 of 184