Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

I bought a hideous bike, but it's perfect...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:30 - 09 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Az wrote:
stuff
-Figure out why the bikes leaning so far over on the side stand

I know that when people jack the rear ends of ZZR600s by using the ZZR1100 dog bones, they're shorter than the 600, which makes the bike lean further (even more over) on the side stand. Thus ZZR1100 side stands are used IIRC (they're longer than the 600s)

Has yours perhaps had something like this done? It may not be related at all but could be checked quite quickly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Az
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:36 - 09 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrSnoosnoo wrote:
Az wrote:
stuff
-Figure out why the bikes leaning so far over on the side stand

I know that when people jack the rear ends of ZZR600s by using the ZZR1100 dog bones, they're shorter than the 600, which makes the bike lean further (even more over) on the side stand. Thus ZZR1100 side stands are used IIRC (they're longer than the 600s)

Has yours perhaps had something like this done? It may not be related at all but could be checked quite quickly.

I will check the length of the dog bones and see if they're they're standard length or not. I doubt it is this though, as my bike sits very low... almost as if it's been lowered, but then this would cause the opposite of my issue.

I thought maybe my side stand was bent or had been shortened, but comparing it to photo's of side stands on eBay it looks exactly the same. I think i'll still replace the side stand anyhow as it's a cheap thing to test, but i'm not hopeful that it will fix it.

chrisdubya
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 15:54 - 09 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very, very tidy this Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Getting some likes on Instagram too I see #ukbikers Wink

Az
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:18 - 09 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisdubya wrote:

Thank you Very Happy ... are you UKBikers on Insta then?

chrisdubya
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 17:36 - 09 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Az wrote:
chrisdubya wrote:

Thank you Very Happy ... are you UKBikers on Insta then?

No mate, I just follow them Smile

I looked at this thread and then the bike popped up on my Insta feed!

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 18:47 - 09 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like, but be careful not to over-tat. Personally I think the mirror removal is too much, and I'd avoid Spazzo levers and stuff.

Hipsterism is dead now, so I think the next phase of motorcycle fashion will be 90s to 20teens sportsbikes, standard looking.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Az
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:35 - 10 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
I like, but be careful not to over-tat. Personally I think the mirror removal is too much, and I'd avoid Spazzo levers and stuff.

Hipsterism is dead now, so I think the next phase of motorcycle fashion will be 90s to 20teens sportsbikes, standard looking.

Thanks and i don't plan to chav it out too much. The next few mod's left to do shouldn't change the look of the bike very much.

I removed the mirrors because the white ones that were on the bike initially didn't suit & I managed to snap one of the studs on one mirror too.
Second hand replacement mirrors are like £50 for decent ones and I also prefer the look of no mirrors.
They can also get in the way when cornering and wheeling. The latter is not a huge issue, but still an added reason to not run the OEM mirrors.

chrisdubya
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:34 - 10 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you getting a bar end mirror or just going without? My r1 track bike which gets used on the road currently has no mirrors and it feels so strange when overtaking not having them on

Az
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:31 - 10 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisdubya wrote:
Are you getting a bar end mirror or just going without? My r1 track bike which gets used on the road currently has no mirrors and it feels so strange when overtaking not having them on

I have a bar end mirror on my LHS bar, which is visible here...
https://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy178/AzAndBikes/258F346A-3EA9-49FD-A10A-64320ACD0D66_zpsc1izdvw1.jpg

It's subtle and allows me to see what's behind me well enough (9/10 i'm looking out for police before doing stupidness).

I'd have had one on the RHS (as that makes more sense for overtakes), but it was making my throttle stick and I had no washers to hand at the time of fitting to prevent the bar end from sticking to my grip/tube.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 19 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3