Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

North Korea gonna North Korea...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Sun Wukong
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:07 - 09 Sep 2016    Post subject: North Korea gonna North Korea... Reply with quote

Kim Fatty Il is at it still.

How do we reckon this will play out?

Even China seems less than well pleased.

Today's excitement... Hiroshima sized test.[/ur]

Follows on from this a fortnight ago;

[url=https://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-missiles-idUSKCN10Y2B0]North Korea successful ballistic missile shot at Japan

Crackpots gonna crack...

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:20 - 09 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has, as leader of his country, every right to nuclear weapons. Why America & co think they are the only ones allowed nukes is unfathomable.

Tell me again, what country has used nuclear weapons on civilian populations?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:25 - 09 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

There's no cause for concern, soon this guy will be in charge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAsKc-osuC0

Dance!

Fizzoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:35 - 09 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
He has, as leader of his country, every right to nuclear weapons.

True, unless you start publicly announcing you're going to start nuking people once you've developed long range missiles with high yield warheads...

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:56 - 09 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breaking news: North Korea nukes North Korea.

They're not mad, they're just ruthless, and have seen what happens to naughty regimes that don't have nukes.

More nukes = more safety, right?

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:28 - 09 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it only makes sense to have weapons, when others have them. After all, politics is basically an intimidation game. Thinking

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:53 - 09 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

And what country routinely threatens to use nuclear weapons? With your logic we might as well give every criminal guns, because the police have them. It only takes one crackpot to set them off then its nuclear armageddon.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:18 - 09 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
And what country routinely threatens to use nuclear weapons?

I don't know, what country that actually has a stock of deployable nuclear weapons routinely threatens to use them?

Knock, knock.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:28 - 09 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well let's give Iran and North Korea some of ours then see if those are empty threats. What could possibly go wrong? Thinking

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 23:10 - 09 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
What country that actually has a stock of deployable nuclear weapons routinely threatens to use them?

10 points is still available for a correct answer.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:22 - 09 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Israel will happily drop a few on any Arab state.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:31 - 09 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

And what country routinely threatens to use nuclear weapons? With your logic we might as well give every criminal guns, because the police have them. It only takes one crackpot to set them off then its nuclear armageddon.

That isn't the point. A sovereign nation has the right to arm itself as it pleases. India and Pakistan got nukes despite the non proliferation treaty. Israel has nukes.

I'm arguing the toss because it boils my piss that the one country that has eliminated hundreds of thousands of civilians with nukes thinks it has the moral high ground to decide who is and isn't allowed the weapons.

I don't worry about North Korea because I expect China to 'liberate' it in the not too distant future. they have the ticking bomb on their doorstep.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 23:42 - 09 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Israel will happily drop a few on any Arab state.

Yes, they're always banging on about it.

Polarbear wrote:
I don't worry about North Korea because I expect China to 'liberate' it in the not too distant future. they have the ticking bomb on their doorstep.

True dat. And if they can lose about 20 - 30 million single males in the process, that'll sort out their demographic problem as well.

Jim Mc
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 07:57 - 10 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Israel don't publically possess nuclear weapons. I've never read about them threaten anyone with nuclear warheads because they dont officially have the capability.

In 2012 the Americans were building a large base in Israel with the expectation of going to war with Iran. You may recall a statement by netanyahu about Iran crossing a red line by developing nuclear capability. That's the closest we got to all out war in the middle East and it never happened because ahmadinejad was replaced with left wing politics. Dialogue opened with the west, Iran went nuclear and Israel stepped down.

I think you're kidding yourselves if you think China will put a leash on north Korea.

China and Russia both have a vested interest in an attack by north korea on the west. It serves as a distraction to events in the south China sea and ukraine, plus it means they could both potentially supply arms to test in a modern military theatre.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:26 - 10 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:
What country that actually has a stock of deployable nuclear weapons routinely threatens to use them?

10 points is still available for a correct answer.

India: https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2013/05/10/shay-m10.html
Or Pakistan: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/indiahome/indianews/article-3240567/Why-does-Pakistan-threaten-India-nuclear-attack.html
Or Russia: https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/564242/Vladimir-Putin-nuclear-threat-world-war-three-crimea (rubbish article but it has the grabbing headlines Wink).

What's the answer you're looking for? I'm expecting Britain or the US and to spit tea all over my computer screen.

Polarbear wrote:

That isn't the point. A sovereign nation has the right to arm itself as it pleases. India and Pakistan got nukes despite the non proliferation treaty. Israel has nukes.

I'm arguing the toss because it boils my piss that the one country that has eliminated hundreds of thousands of civilians with nukes thinks it has the moral high ground to decide who is and isn't allowed the weapons.

That's the point. The US should never had used nuclear weapons, but they did, and I think the general consensus is that it was a very bad thing and should never happen again.

It will happen if your attitude of let them arm themselves is adopted, when you have countries threatening to wipe others off the map chasing nuclear capability. And don't forget any nuclear attack will trigger a chain reaction, that'll probably destroy us all.

Not that I have a real problem with humanity wiping itself out, I'd just rather we didn't f**k up the planet in the process.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:21 - 12 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its a given that once a country reaches a certain level of economic and/or technical level then it will develope nukes or at the very least the delivery capabiltity.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 21:35 - 12 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Mc wrote:
Israel don't publically possess nuclear weapons. I've never read about them threaten anyone with nuclear warheads because they dont officially have the capability.

Israel have come closer to nuclear war than anyone since WW2.

They had tactical nukes physically mounted on aircraft ready to hot scramble and glass Cairo during the Yom Kippur war.

Sun Wukong
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:23 - 13 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does always seem odd that America didn't go stick some freedom forcibly in them before they got to this stage.

As for China distancing themselves... it's a tough call.

They may be mental communists as well, but setting off Nukes on their doorstep is not something they will likely enjoy. Plus the missile test was pointed at Japan... at a joint summit attended by China and South Korea (and Japan).

They seem to be unifying against them, in spite of the madness brewing in the South China sea.

Current guess is it all goes hotter (if not hot) during or just after the US election.

Scary thought really.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:05 - 13 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sun Wukong wrote:
It does always seem odd that America didn't go stick some freedom forcibly in them before they got to this stage.

How? They can't go in on the ground while the regime is still extant, they'd get Zerg swarmed (again).

China on the other hand really does have about 30 million excess penises that they could do with getting rid off. They're a far more likely candidate for liberating/absorbing NorKor.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 09:36 - 13 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sun Wukong wrote:

They were driven back by weight of SAMs last time. NK still have them.

They are "dumb" SAMs too which, perversely, are difficult to take countermeasures against. If they put enough of them in the air, they'll hit something. Same/larger number of NK SAMs as last time, fewer US aircraft.

It's one thing precision bombing a bunch of Arabs armed with shoulder mounted RPGs into the stone age but NK can and will shoot back.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:05 - 14 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sun Wukong wrote:

In the last (and officially still ongoing) Korean war America would have won except for the Chinese getting involved.

The same thing would happen again. China might not be too happy with NK but they would be a lot less happy with the yanks camped on their border.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:35 - 14 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

In the last (and officially still ongoing) Korean war America would have won except for the Chinese getting involved.

Was it not a proxy war? i.e. Yanks would have won if China didn't get involved, but then China would have won if America didn't get involved.

For what other reason would the US set up a huge military base in South Korea and keep it staffed and funded up to the present day.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:03 - 14 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NK had pretty much overwhelmed South Korea when the United Nations forces (yes, I know they were mainly Yanks but the Untied Nations had sanctified the war Laughing ) landed at Inchon under Douglas MacArther and cut off the NK forces, rolling them up in South Korea.

When MacArthur headed into North Korea to totally eliminate the NK army the Chinese got worried and joined in, launching 260,000 troops at MacArthur, forcing him back to where the 'cease fire ' border is now.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:46 - 14 Sep 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah right, makes sense! Still, interesting to see how things ended, mainly with that US base dumped in Seoul.

I expect Syria to be something similar in the end. Russia's already there anyway.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 197 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2