Scandinavia - 15 days, 7000 miles, 1 female rider

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Roxyy
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 22:46 - 06 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colinzor wrote:
Brilliant some great information there, thanks for sharing this really has me thinking of a bike trip next year sometime even going by myself if the situation arises. so i take it for directions you just planned a rough route through to where you wanted to go and followed the sat nav and road signs? using it to direct you to camp sites ect along the way or petrol stations/food?

seems pretty straight forward. Smile

any language barriers or anything of that sort? im guessing most places you go theyll speak some sort of engish.

Yeah every day I decided where to go next then I just used the sat nav to direct me to these places. My sat nav has a bar on the right hand side and tells me how many miles to the next petrol station and second next, so used that to decide whether to stop at next petrol station or the further one also the road signs. And used sat nav to get to camp sites if there were no road signs for camp sites. Didn't look for places for food on the sat nav or anything just stopped for food when I got hungry then either got food on petrol stations or when I seen some place to eat along the way.

And yeah used english everywhere, didn't have any major problems with that. If I didn't know how to say pump number at the petrol station and they didn't speak english (in most places they did) then just used the fingers lol.

Fizzer Thou
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:21 - 06 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Roxyy.That is quite a lonely road to ride by oneself.Doubt that I could do that by myself as I prefer company along the way Thinking

Mrs.Fizzer has read your adventure and would love to be able to ride the same route as me on her own bike,but unfortunately this is not possible.

Always have a 'Plan B'

Grievesy
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 20:21 - 07 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm green with envy. takes me around a week of shift swapping, sorting out my personal stuff and booking the dog into the kennel before I can even think of a weekend trip to Skye or something.

What sat nav do you use if you don't mind me asking? looking to purchase one for a WW2 battlefield tour I am planning next year.

Roxyy
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 11:31 - 10 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grievesy wrote:

What sat nav do you use if you don't mind me asking? looking to purchase one for a WW2 battlefield tour I am planning next year.

It's TomTom Go 5000 that I'm using

nacnud
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 21:57 - 15 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great trip , I have just done the same trip in Sept ,same route but from the Midlands , got to Nordkapp and rode Lofoten top to bottom , great time but the weather was poo, glad I didn't get a pull by the law 😩 WOW £1500

bluebear
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 22:22 - 15 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is an awesome road trip young lady. I remember a few years ago when you had a 125 and your exhaust fell off on the way to Oban Laughing Laughing Laughing

woo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:39 - 18 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is quality!!!!

Thumbs Up

Dave V4
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 22:11 - 19 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

well done iron arse! firstly for having the balls to do it on your own, also for the distance covered. did you do many motorway/toll roads to be able to cover so many miles in such a time? either way eric trip and great write up

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 14:09 - 20 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any tips for Scandinavia? I'm planning on visiting next year.

UK - Holland - Germany - Denmark - Sweden (maybe Norway too) - Finland then either a ferry to Germany or ride back through Eastern Europe
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 180 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2