BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Odd question (burglary): Further q's about officialdom

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:58 - 03 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Jewlio Rides Again LLB on 22:50 - 03 Oct 2016; edited 1 time in total

Mark_F
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 22:04 - 03 Oct 2016    Post subject: Re: Odd question: Reply with quote

Banana_B1 wrote:
Mark_F wrote:
it wasn't remotely suspicious until the scrotes hand appeared round the door (it has frosted glass so I couldn't see a face anyway), and I held em off for a few mins until the knife came at me (so I couldn't hold the door).

Subscribe to Master Wong...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TRB6DyxWJA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5KvJQZ1xLI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6cUwv7iczE

He teaches Wing Chun like no other Thumbs Up

I got surrounded by 5 pricks at a cash machine on christmas eve last year... left 4 of them howling on the floor with sore necks ribs/knees and the fifth ran off down the side street Karma Laughing

If I decide to learn something, ill go where I can spar (rather than regail forumites with tales of hardness derived from watching YouTube).

Mark_F
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 22:05 - 03 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again wrote:

Not going into too many details yet

Last edited by Mark_F on 22:59 - 03 Oct 2016; edited 1 time in total
Banana_B1 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Omega
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 15:51 - 04 Oct 2016    Post subject: Re: Odd question: Reply with quote

Banana_B1 wrote:
My effort in caring for the op's welfare is done here.

Go stab your ungrateful self Thumbs Up

You're a dick.

Mark, you survived. If you did anything differently you might not be updating us right now. That's a win in my books. I hope everything works out with the insurance/police and you can move on quickly!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Banana_B1 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Mark_F
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 18:00 - 04 Oct 2016    Post subject: Re: Odd question: Reply with quote

Omega wrote:
Banana_B1 wrote:
My effort in caring for the op's welfare is done here.

Go stab your ungrateful self Thumbs Up

Mark, you survived. If you did anything differently you might not be updating us right now. That's a win in my books. I hope everything works out with the insurance/police and you can move on quickly!

Pretty much what I'm thinking.

Ignore the Muppet, not worth the time.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:06 - 04 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we not instaban this sock?^

Mark_F
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 20:31 - 17 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, no update about court or anything yet, but I'm having a bit of further trouble because of this:

I'm currently in training for a new job, and am busy with this mon-fri 6.00-18.00 (it's driver training too).

I live in a council association house, and the police have said I need to move (they are assisting the best they can in dealing with the housing association).

The HA is pretty much impossible to contact while I'm training (work gave me plenty of allowance on the first day after the burglary to get the ball rolling, but the HA aren't particularly interested in being accessible).

The police gave me a ref number to pass on to the association in order to get things in motion, whereby the HA and police can communicate directly, however the HA refused to recognise that number and insisted that I get a letter from the police, and take that letter to the HA (apparently this is so that I cannot tamper with the information the HA recieve from the police... erm...) The HA have since put one of their people in contact who will speak to the police, but the HA when dealing with me aren't recognising this properly (it's never even considered in their written correspondance following the forms I've filled in).

The HA have people that deal with things like this though, but I would need to attend a meeting mon-fri between 9.30 and 15.30, they refused to provide any other possibilities even under the circumstances of my training in a new job (which I'm not for letting the council screw up for me).

I ended up passing on details of someone who can speak to the council association for me while I carry on training, but it's proving to be very difficult using a go-between.

The HA have made some strange suggestions, and are being very restrictive in what they want me to look at (they refuse to even consider where I may park a bike, and have suggested a flat in an area that's known to be as bad as where I am now).

Private renting is out of the question at the minute, so I need to get some real dialogue going with the council, but they won't help with that in any way as of yet, so I'm wondering what buttons I need to push in order that I can actually talk to someone who can talk back.

TL:DR Police want the council to move me, but the council won't talk to the police, and won't make provision to talk to me outside my work hours (which conflict with theirs). How do I push for some realistic communication?

And I will update about court etc when that's sorted.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:40 - 17 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the local press. It's about all they are of use for.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:11 - 18 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banana_B1 wrote:
Wafer_Thin_Ham wrote:
this sock

Left foot or right foot? plain sock, stripy sock or magic dance sock? Laughing

https://orig09.deviantart.net/aead/f/2012/235/3/c/keep_calm_goblins_are_stealing_your_socks_by_otorireka-d5c558y.png

Chestermick?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mark_F
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 20:31 - 10 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick update:

At the first hearing, both pleaded not guilty.

Both remanded, trial is in March, so will update then.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:23 - 11 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did they dindu nuffin then?

Best of luck.

Mark_F
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 18:12 - 11 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Did they dindu nuffin then?

No idea what their angle is (given they had a lot of my stuff, including my bike, lids, toothbrushes, etc).

See what happens when the day comes. Should be OK though, I'd think.

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:22 - 11 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark_F wrote:
Quick update:

At the first hearing, both pleaded not guilty.

Both remanded, trial is in March, so will update then.

Merry Chrimbo Mofos

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:25 - 11 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose it must be a difficult thing for you guys to comprehend, but you aren't legally bound to defend yourself with a weapon or martial arts.

I'm not saying there's anything to be proud of about OP giving in and going "Oh very well, tie me up and hold a knife to my throat, while you steal my stuff, then." But really ... why attempt an attack that might end up with the victim being hurt by the thieves with his own weapon of defence?

It's why I haven't ever carried a knife. As a single woman, of course I have "ordinary household items that could be used as defensive weapons" secreted about my house in case someone breaks in and tries to rape or rob me, but I'd be afraid to use them in case the rapist/robber took them off me and did me in worse, with the very weapon I had tried to use to defend myself.

The one time I was robbed at knifepoint, I didnt exactly hand over the cash, but I just pointed to where it was and shouted "take it and get the fuck out" (which is what the boss had told me to do). I attempted to jump on his back and pull the main robber's hair (in some vague hope of getting some DNA) - but as he had a knife in his hand, and was considereably younger, stronger and more flexible than me, I decided it might not be a good idea to be quite so gung ho.

Luckily he had left his fingerprints on the letterbox latch Rolling Eyes but he never got nicked for being at our flat, despite

This also runs into the question of why a girl would "let" someone rape her, the old oriental proverb of "Woman with skirts up runs faster than man with pants down", doesn't always fit the situation in question - and no victim of any crime should be made to feel bad for NOT having defended their belongings or their virtue, with their life.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

If Jenny-come-lately, then sorry: been busy.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 18:45 - 11 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either Banana is a troll, or he doesn't get the Master Wong joke.

janner_10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:13 - 11 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.teachertoolkit.me/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/hqdefault.jpg

Mark_F
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 21:06 - 11 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
why attempt an attack that might end up with the victim being hurt by the thieves with his own weapon of defence?

There was only Banana giving stick for what happened, but I would have fought back if I'd've had half a chance of getting to my tools before they got to me (I do have plenty of stuff to hurt someone with, with more reach than the kitchen knife they had). Under the circumstances I had though, I think I made a reasonable decision (given that I had no idea how far they would go).

That said, fighting back coulda landed me in a lot of bother even if I'd put them down quick (even if exonerated eventually, it's not gonna be a breeze to go through). It's not a position I'd want to find myself in again even if I then have the ability to fight back.

Sun Wukong
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:02 - 14 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they're remanded in custody, can you hold fire on switching accommodation until after your driving course is finished?

Mark_F
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 18:02 - 14 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sun Wukong wrote:
If they're remanded in custody, can you hold fire on switching accommodation until after your driving course is finished?

Driving course is finished, now out on the job.

Council have become slightly more compliant about a switch, but things are taking a while with no real contact (though a date has been given by them). Signs are sort of promising and I should have a better picture by the end of the month.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:41 - 16 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Local press. It's all they're any good for. Thumbs Up

Mark_F
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 15:12 - 31 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick update:

Trial has been on for this past week.

One guy plead guilty on day 1, the other plead not guilty.

Jury convicted by majority. Sentence is not being decided yet, pending further enquiries.

I no longer live at that house.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 22 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3