Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Spacker tracker thread.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:39 - 06 Oct 2016    Post subject: Spacker tracker thread. Reply with quote

So if a Street Triple is a St-riple.... Then I've gone and bought me a Sp-acker. Thumbs Up Very Happy
Yamaha MT09 Sport Tracker to be precise. Not to everyones taste I'm sure but totally up my middleage crisis street. Laughing
Got new adjustable shorty levers ready to go on, a couple of bits planned and a smaller number plate and tail tidy on
the way but this is as it comes from the showroom. Sorry for the crap phone pics and I've twiddled about with a couple of
them to show the I think quite subtle Cool colour scheme. There's some Yamaha heated grips on there already,
silver inserts in the nostrils and its datatagged. Otherwise bog standard. I've been out on it and put 85 town miles on
it using lowish revs today. Inb4 ' Shocked but you've bought a grey and brown bike' Laughing

There's a couple of stickers to remove and I'd like to give it a proper clean I'll get some wax on it make the metallic
shiny bits pop, I'll get a coat of wheel sealant on there too. For now running it in. It had 2 miles on the clock
when I got on it. Scrubbing in 2 slippery new tyres and I'm advised to keep it under 6000rpm for the first 600 miles.
But I'll be half way through that by the end of tomorrow Thumbs Up Even using half the revs I'm still having fun. I'll review
at 1000 miles, but for now here's some pics.

https://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz250/grrthefearless/Brisky%20shots/IMAG2739_zpsn17vqy3g.jpg

https://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz250/grrthefearless/Brisky%20shots/IMAG2738_zps8xznhabx.jpg

https://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz250/grrthefearless/Brisky%20shots/IMAG2741_zpsm0iikxmr.jpg

https://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz250/grrthefearless/Brisky%20shots/IMAG2745noregcrop_zps1ni1ofxm.jpg

https://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz250/grrthefearless/Brisky%20shots/IMAG2744_zps8yqid0cs.jpg

https://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz250/grrthefearless/Brisky%20shots/IMAG2743_zpsfwopeiq6.jpg

I know I said I was going for a Striple, I just had more lulz on the MT09 demonstrator than I did on the Street.
I only ride for fun, and I can buy a Striple anytime but I love how I fit on this bike. Was on it three hours today
and no knee ache at all. They had a Spacker in the showroom after my test ride and that was that. Heated grips
were a revelation this being my first experience of them. Wasn't that warm today and I was fine in my summer
gloves. Everywhere I went on my travels today my grey and brown bike turned heads Whether it was a case of
'Fuck me! Shocked That bloke bought a grey and brown bike' or 'Nice bike mate Thumbs Up ' I'll never know??
Well... I like it anyway Middle Finger Razz Middle Finger

Last edited by grr666 on 09:52 - 12 Nov 2016; edited 1 time in total

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:53 - 06 Oct 2016    Post subject: Re: So if a Street Triple is a St-riple... Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Then I've gone and bought me a Sp-acker. :up

Laughing

Quote:
I can buy a Striple anytime

Apparently not Rolling Eyes Laughing

Quote:
Inb4 ' Shocked but you've bought a grey and brown bike' Laughing

It was NOT alright in the 70s Laughing

Nice bike, have fun putting it away for the winter.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:11 - 07 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be looking to remove those rear side panels and possibly changing the wind deflector but other than that, Thumbs Up .
Should have bought a Striple, happy Spacking!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:14 - 07 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the other Yamaha for pootling about in the winter. This can stay in the Wub dry Wub But over next fortnight I
think I'll get a fair bit of riding done. Next Friday I have my first assessed ride for my DIA advanced course. It needs
to have 600 odd miles on it by then so I can 'make progress' without keeping an eye on my revs the whole time.
I'll add another couple of hundred that day as well so I expect I'll be out a lot next week one way or another. I have first
service booked for the 17th of the month. I was going to do the course and then buy a bike... Oh well. At least
I'll be more comfortable on this bike for prolonged periods. It's certainly going to be more of a handful than the ER6 was
though. The demonstrator was ragged as much as I dare. There's a lot more bike than I can fully handle here. Should keep
me focused Laughing I'll be putting some stick on race numbers on it too when i get time. Sod it! Why not?
That was the plan all along. Watch this space for added Akrapovic K&N and Ohlins. Evil or Very Mad

Saraya
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 04:49 - 07 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats. Very Happy
Do your (facial) cheeks ache from grinning so much, on your new ride? Very Happy

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:01 - 07 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Running in - please pass... Crying or Very sad
Back out today grinding out the miles. I can properly enjoy it once that's out of the way.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:22 - 07 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
I'd be looking to remove those rear side panels and possibly changing the wind deflector.

Then it'd be a standard MT-09, and about £700 cheaper. Although I'm fairly sure a fly screen for the MT-09 wont cost £700...

Desperately needs a tail tidy though and I'd get a rad guard straight away too.

Yamaha seem to have caught on that they can generate 10 bikes from the same platform and pull in lots of different punters depending on the plastics they put on. Smart idea.

Not ridden an MT-09 yet.. looking to give one a try.

Everyone and his dog seems to have a striple and they appear to be attracting the wrong kind of attention from the wrong kind of people at the moment. Probably wise to get something like this instead. Razz

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:35 - 07 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rad guard, rear fender extender and tail tidy etc all coming soon. Christmas is only around the corner.
My ebay watch list is about 3 pages long. Embarassed

adriansk
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 08:40 - 07 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bike looks nice, even in that colour scheme Laughing

Looks tiny on those pics, I'm sure it's not. (that's what she said)

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:55 - 07 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

adriansk wrote:
Bike looks nice, even in that colour scheme Laughing

Looks tiny on those pics, I'm sure it's not. (that's what she said)

I agree it looks a bit like a grom from the side. It's quite a tall bike, I'm 6ft and slim but I can't get flat feet down on
at all. Just a toe on one side. I felt cramped on the ER6 before it, this is loads better for my dodgy knee. With the
exception of the wide bars it's also pretty narrow making the back tyre look good and fat. In my mind its
a rocket powered BMX. Laughing

Stock pic.

https://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz250/grrthefearless/Brisky%20shots/minirearview_zpsv56rs0rn.jpg

nitrosurf
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 09:17 - 07 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the colours, what's wrong with brown and grey? How are you finding the suspension? My mate has a standard MT-09 and rates it as a package, but says the suspenders are too bouncy when pushing it.

🏍

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:33 - 07 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suspension is better than the kawasaki but I'm still scrubbing in tyres and running in so I've not been going bananas.
There's a place near me that does a setup for 40 quid, I'll go there and see what they can do before I start blowing Ohlins
money on it. Exhaust first ideally because loud pipes save lives. Very Happy

ScaredyCat wrote:

Not ridden an MT-09 yet.. looking to give one a try.

I rode a 2015 Triple-R first on a good 2 hour test ride on a dry sunny day. I had a good time but truth told I rode
it too fast everywhere. Caught myself doing three figure speeds in places where I shouldn't, bouncing off the
limiter etc. It all was too easy to use all the power and rode it like I'd ridden it for years straight away.
I worried if after I was familiar with it I wouldn't just hoon everywhere and with my middle aged waning
reflexes I wouldn't remain alive for very long.

Then I rode a standard MT09 for 2 hours just to see what's what and put a deposit down on my Spacker when I returned
the demo bike. It was fun in more of a 'Fucking hell that's scary' way than by how accomplished and sublime machine
the Triumph is. There's nothing sublime about this bike. I'm far from good enough at riding to tame one of these overnight.
So to counter this Confused I bought a more powerful machine that tries to throw me off its back if I pin it suddenly
in 1st 2nd and 3rd gear. Laughing Laughing So there is a definite degree of respect due this to this machine or
you're coming off it. Coming from an ER6 to this feels like a big jump up for me performance wise. Plus points
apparent straight away, being so much higher up it's much easier to filter on than the last bike. It's more than
enough to keep me entertained. Shocked I'm not a particularly good rider, so it's plenty for me. Go try one, all big dealers
have a demonstrator and they are selling like hotcakes. Very lightweight bike too:up:

Last edited by grr666 on 09:37 - 07 Oct 2016; edited 1 time in total

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:35 - 07 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would go much faster if it was yellow with some speed blocks! Wink

Giz a go mister.

Looks good, hope you enjoy it! Karma

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:46 - 07 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I can ride one like this fella I'll be happy.... Cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igKe1jEmjMw
I also think Pantera are awesome...

Supermoto_Fan
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:53 - 07 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drop us a PM if you have any questions about anything at all..

Suspension setup/suspension upgrades/ECU flashing/tyres/exhausts etc etc.

https://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr163/TgaTrucker/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_1626.jpg

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:23 - 07 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Thumbs Up

Personally not sure about the number boards (or whatever you call them) but that's why people have different likes and dislikes. Each to their own.

I quite like the subdued colours. Is that a matt paint job? Difficult to tell from the pictures.

Enjoy Dance!

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:39 - 07 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it's a satin gunmetal grey on the tank with Duracell bronze wheels and engine details, carbon fibre front fender and
brushed aluminium (not plastic Wink ) numberboards. Which are about to come off and indoors for some carefully
applied numerals. Dance!

Just got back from a soggy 120 odd mixed miles, urban and town. Tyres are there or thereabouts scrubbed in now and
I'm 200 miles into the running in.Got another ride out planned for tomorrow with Mrs grr riding pillion. Thumbs Up
Can't wait to rev it past 6k, finding it very tempting. Evil or Very Mad

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:34 - 07 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bike, and glad you finally took the plunge and upgraded as if I remember you'd been planning to for a while.

MT's do offer alot of bike, and funkyness for the cash, and the idea of getting something that you won't get bored of quickly is sensible too. Ive never ridden the street3 but am intrigued by them, as they seem the hottest cake in the naked box and appeal to all sorts of people too. From what I hear though MT09 owners don't rate the triumph and vice versa. Apparently Z800 owners are not very impressed by the darling 675 either.

But nice bike, glad you like it so much, but the colours are nasty though sorry! Laughing

nitrosurf
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:59 - 07 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

That standard MT-09 I mentioned had trouble keeping up with the ST4 on big sweeping twisties, but on technical lower speed cornering leading to hard blasts onto straights I had the feeling that had my mate being comfortable pushing harder we would have had some entertaining and very close duels. As it was a public road + mate with sensible head on (not knocking it, he's a tidy dude) we never got that far. If I was looking at newer tackle (if I wasn't in love with the Duc also) , I'd seriously consider one. Nice!

🏍

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:10 - 07 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all about the grins Mr. Green

Congrats on your shiny new bike, looks excellent, enjoy! Thumbs Up

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:15 - 07 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
It's all about the grins Mr. Green

Congrats on your shiny new bike, looks excellent, enjoy! Thumbs Up

Don't talk to him Steve, he didn't buy a Striple Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:35 - 07 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Don't talk to him Steve, he didn't buy a Striple Laughing

haha, it's ok Nick, he gave it an accurate writeup at least Very Happy

grr666 wrote:

I rode a 2015 Triple-R first on a good 2 hour test ride on a dry sunny day. I had a good time but truth told I rode
it too fast everywhere. Caught myself doing three figure speeds in places where I shouldn't, bouncing off the
limiter etc. It all was too easy to use all the power and rode it like I'd ridden it for years straight away.
I worried if after I was familiar with it I wouldn't just hoon everywhere and with my middle aged waning
reflexes I wouldn't remain alive for very long.

Mr. Green

Last edited by Pigeon on 22:54 - 08 Oct 2016; edited 1 time in total

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:56 - 07 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may have some numbers on it now... Shocked Had to put something there, seemed pointless leaving the boards blank. Thinking

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:44 - 07 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
It may have some numbers on it now... Shocked Had to put something there, seemed pointless leaving the boards blank. Thinking

666?

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:44 - 08 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
666?
Rather predictably, yes. Sort of... There are 3 number boards so.... Very Happy Am waiting for
some black reflective tape to arrive but these will do as a novelty while I'm popping around at running in speeds.
But I'm sure I'll settle for stripes in the end as they are less memorable than big numbers and I'm sure to misbehave
once I'm clear of taking things gently period. "It was a bloke doing 200mph officer with a big number 6 on his grey and
brown
bike... Confused Anyway love 'em or hate 'em, here they are.

https://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz250/grrthefearless/Brisky%20shots/IMAG2758_zpsnx8k4sqf.jpg Shifty
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 201 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3