BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Spacker tracker thread.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 19:18 - 08 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, people love to run them in like fags. I cannot wait to buy a new bike and do it like a hooligan Laughing

I still say Street should have been purchased Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:14 - 08 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe next time Paddy. Thumbs Up I like the Street and I can get one next time Thumbs Up I'm not trying to say this is a better bike.
It's just a different bike. Went out today with the wife on pillion for about 80 miles. Kept under 6000rpm
the whole time but it's easier for my inner child to take it steady when she's on board. Thumbs Up
It's harder for me to behave when I'm on my own so I just sit behind cars and plod along. I've got 300 miles
done now. It's due and booked in for service in a week by then it will be run in. Oil change and then bam! I'll go and
crash it Embarassed Laughing It really turned heads today for the first run out with the numbers on it. confirming my first thought.
They will be replaced with go faster stripes after the service.

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:54 - 09 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice new toy.

I actually like the colour scheme, not sure on the headlight though.

NutsyUk
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 11:47 - 09 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely bike, but ill be brutally honest... The ice hockey pad wind deflector thing on top of the headlight, is just wrong :p

Apart from that... I want one Very Happy

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:05 - 09 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

NutsyUk wrote:
Lovely bike, but ill be brutally honest... The ice hockey pad wind deflector thing on top of the headlight, is just wrong :p

Steady on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:17 - 09 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the cool thing, I can buy MT09 accesories and they'll fit. So I can quickly change the look. Am on the lookout for a screen
but there's no mega rush for that. Yesterdays jaunt (in throttle mode b) with the wife on the back has highlighted a
need for a rear grab rail and some slightly lower passenger footpegs. On todays solo run I thought I'd try out throttle mode a.
Shocked Shocked Blimey! I'll have to work my way up to that I think... It's like being fired out of a catapult. Mr. Green
Almost 400 fag miles done since Thursday afternoon.

0l0dom0l0
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:38 - 10 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fancy one of these.

Bikes: 2007 Derbi GPR 50, 1998 Yamaha Fazer 600 (written off), 2002 Yamaha Fazer 600, 1994 CBR 600F, 2003 Triumph Daytona 600, Kawasaki ZX6R J1.....Current: 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 1998 Suzuki TL1000R and a Honda VFR 400 NC30.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 17:47 - 10 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I felt a tiny bit underwhelmed, it wasn't miles ahead of the Triple, suspension felt like they skimped on it, the exhaust options are expensive, you need to have it remapped, you can't DIY, its their first iteration. Personally, I'll try another triple if someone exceeds 1 litre but keeps weight sensible. Until then, Street will be fine.

Fladdem
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:52 - 10 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. It's the only bike released in the last few years that makes me consider buying new. The previous bike that made me think that was the MT-03, massive Yam-fan here though and, like you say, it's not as common, I like slightly uncommon machines. Thumbs Up
Current:1991 Honda MT50 (Soon to be a H100/MTX/MT5 hybrid), 1976 Honda Cub C70, 2005 Honda Varadero 125, 1993 Yamaha TTR250 Open Enduro , 2010 Road Legal Stomp YX140, 1994 Honda CRM 250 MK III, 1999 Cagiva Mito 125, 1992 Honda CB400 Super Four, Stomp T4 230, 1984 Honda H100s, 2009 Sym XS125K
Past:2003 Aprilia RS125, 1982 Kawasaki GPZ550(FREE BIKE!)
I'm having more fun than a well-oiled midget.

0l0dom0l0
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:03 - 10 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
I felt a tiny bit underwhelmed, it wasn't miles ahead of the Triple, suspension felt like they skimped on it, the exhaust options are expensive, you need to have it remapped, you can't DIY, its their first iteration. Personally, I'll try another triple if someone exceeds 1 litre but keeps weight sensible. Until then, Street will be fine.

I rode a striple r and was underwealmed too.

3rd gear power wheelies sound like awsome fun. Suspension doesn't need to work to be honest. It doesn't on my fz6 and I'm used to that.

When these get down to the £3k mark I think I'll chop my FZ6 in for one with all the gubbins on it.

Bikes: 2007 Derbi GPR 50, 1998 Yamaha Fazer 600 (written off), 2002 Yamaha Fazer 600, 1994 CBR 600F, 2003 Triumph Daytona 600, Kawasaki ZX6R J1.....Current: 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 1998 Suzuki TL1000R and a Honda VFR 400 NC30.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 22:31 - 10 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wont power wheelie an MT in 3rd, you can't power a GSXR1000 in 3rd unless you are standing some massive cheddar on the back of the bike Shocked

0l0dom0l0
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:36 - 10 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:

So to counter this Confused I bought a more powerful machine that tries to throw me off its back if I pin it
in 1st 2nd and 3rd gear. Laughing Laughing

Not the first I've heard of it either. Massive torque. I'll dig out some videos from the tubend of how hooliganish these can be.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:06 - 10 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in the shop picking up a load of NOS fasteners and bits to fix my electrical woes on my Kawasaki, when I got chatting to the dealer. He doesn't really rate the suspension on the Yamaha and has actually had a few people chop in nearly new Street triples too who have complained that they arnt happy with them. Apparently several have found happiness in a Z800 naked instead, but it's not an obvious bike going on spec sheets alone.

While I was in there I had a good first close up look at one of those transformer style Z1000's. I like the size of the bike, the big engine and the cool metallic green paint. If they could have used rational humans to style it and make it look just like a Honda Hornet 900 then I think it would be one of the few new bikes to tempt me to buy another biggun.

As It stands now I'm quite happily stuck in the 80's-late 90's looks and interest wise, and can't see me ever owning anything much after the millennium again. The big Hornet and maybe the CB1300 was the last new big nakeds I thought were cool.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:03 - 11 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:

You wont power wheelie an MT in 3rd.

I'll take your word for it wheelie Yoda. But a noob like me could clutch one up easy enough with a rushed/botched
gearchange. These are very light bikes.I can't promise mine won't eventually make me shit my pants one way or another.
Good job it has a brown seat. Laughing

Ohlins do replacement suspension internals for the forks and an uprated rear shock but to be honest I'll have
this set up for me at JHS Racing and I'm sure it will be enough for the time being. I only ride for a fun hour or two
at a time & usually only when the weathers nice. I'm sure this bike is PLENTY for me to be getting on with.
It was brand new and on the road for under 7k. For that kind of dough I think it's a lot of bike and of course
I'm MOT free for three years, two year warranty etc. Back out for another half throttle 'thrash' later today to
take advantage of the nice sunny weather. 6 days until first service.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:31 - 13 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

May have slipped, fell and accidentally applied some gold rim tape... Embarassed
Don't have a distant pic yet. Just a couple of up close ones.

Did the rear wheel, went out for ride and did front wheel when I got back. It was dark by the time I was finished in the shed.

https://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz250/grrthefearless/Brisky%20shots/IMAG2829_zpsl1fum7kl.jpg

https://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz250/grrthefearless/Brisky%20shots/IMAG2822_zpsxwastlei.jpg

Last edited by grr666 on 15:00 - 14 Oct 2016; edited 1 time in total

nitrosurf
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 06:53 - 14 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not usually my thing but suits the look of that bike. Why the pointy finger clip art over the sticker?

I must say it's quite a cool looking bike overall, but modern emissions requirements are really screwing up exhaust design. That CAT/chamber could really do with not being there, although it's good for helping the rear tyre to warm up quickly! 😜

🏍

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:07 - 14 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sticker is the datatag etching transfer thing. I've left it on there as I'm not sure if the dealer has or hasn't done it yet?
The pointy finger was superimposed to hide the details on it, better edit done now. But yes it's doing my nut in and I'd like
to pull it off just as soon as I know they don't still need it for something. It's in on Monday for first service. I'll have
it dealt with then. Have 125 courtesy bike lined up Embarassed

As for huge cat-
https://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/2585bf24e8d7891b73269f0d901b1b2a/https://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn250/heyitscrissy19/superfatcat.jpg
Question

But this certainly doesn't have one of those. Cool

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/07AAAOSwBLlVGYLo/s-l1600.jpg

Then all I have to do is find a tasteful bellypan that also fits around it. Laughing

But it's what will be going on there when I've recovered from paying for the bike. I paid cash plus my old bike
for the new one so I need to get a few paying jobs done before I'm flush again although there's a cheque in
the mail so to speak so some fun money top up coming soon. Dance! Will wire in my Garmin mount though, there's
a lovely empty space to the left of the instrument display. Be handy as I often get lost when I head off out into oblivion.

Last edited by grr666 on 10:05 - 12 Nov 2016; edited 1 time in total

Supermoto_Fan
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:54 - 15 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I trawled EBay until I found someone selling that system secondhand, got it for £380 in the end, couple of hours with some autosol and wire wool and it was like brand new. Much better than the Ti system imo

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:57 - 19 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
I'd get a rad guard straight away too.

Done jobbie. Thumbs Up Popped it on this afternoon.

Before.
https://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz250/grrthefearless/Brisky%20shots/IMAG28591_zpsegenzzwq.jpg

And after.
https://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz250/grrthefearless/Brisky%20shots/IMAG28601_zpsmwzguoi3.jpg

Swapped out stock silver levers for adjustable shorties too.

https://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz250/grrthefearless/Brisky%20shots/1b3ff4b4-b704-46be-a882-797ec5a1e604_zpslfkvnkvi.jpg

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:01 - 12 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I will attempt to fit my Renntec grabrail. It's not pretty but I need somewhere solid to grab the bike while I'm
manhandling it up and down ramps and hauling it onto paddock stands in the shed. I'm pushed for space now there's
two bikes in there and there's nowhere proper to grab it at the back end. There's also sod all for pillion to grab either.
It's not a pretty thing I grant you but it seems well made and sturdy, the instructions are a bit difficult to follow but
I'm sure I can figure it out. Thumbs Up Akrapovic should go on next week sometime. Also ordered upgrade headlamp
and sidelight bulbs to replace the OEM yellowy looking lot currently fitted. Tinkering season is upon us. Christmas Hat

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 12:36 - 12 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good, Yamaha would be on to a winner if they did an R version for less money than the Street Triple R.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:48 - 12 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll get my coat, but I'd much rather see an R version of the MT07 instead. If my local dealer still has a demo 07 in the spring, I'll have to have a go on one!

I'm with Paddy on the idea that a bigger triple over a thou would have been a better idea, and a good replacement for the criminally less loved speed triple.

They should have done a 3pot Yamaha version of a KTM Duke 1290 IMO.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:41 - 12 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grabrail abort. Sad The numberplate holder has 4 welded in bolts that need drilling out to be replaced with longer ones
so the support plate for the rail can be bolted in. Sod it! I'd sooner buy an aftermarket tail tidy and see how I get on with
that before I start butchering the OEM parts.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:02 - 19 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much done this week, swapped out the headlight bulb for an Osram Nightbreaker and sidelight bulbs out for
some Cree LEDs.
One of each. LED on the right.
https://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz250/grrthefearless/Brisky%20shots/IMAG3304_zps2uqfoz5j.jpg
And with the nightbreaker.
https://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz250/grrthefearless/Brisky%20shots/IMAG3303_zpskzqrvkx4.jpg

Added a slightly smaller numberplate, removed the OEM relector and moved the plate up a bit higher replacing
the reflector with a smaller one underneath the numberplate instead. Just a quick tidy up before I have another go at
tidying up the rear end properly with a tail tidy.

Before.
https://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz250/grrthefearless/Brisky%20shots/IMAG3284noreg_zpsoirnn0n2.jpg

After.

https://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz250/grrthefearless/Brisky%20shots/IMAG3291noreg_zpskee4d0fi.jpg

As I type this, my exhaust is being replaced with some Akrapovic loveliness. So it's bye bye to this today. Hand
https://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz250/grrthefearless/Brisky%20shots/IMAG3308_zpsbninpxou.jpg
Thumbs Up

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:08 - 19 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair that Akrapovic pipe porn is too sexual to ignore so I'd spend the familys Christmas presents cash on it before its too late. Laughing

I'm being kept waiting begging on the edge for my new pipe which won't be done until March, balls!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 131 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3