BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Spacker tracker thread.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:30 - 19 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a nice looking bike that. I'd not mind one of those.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:15 - 19 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:

How hot are the police round your area for dodgy plates? That's a 'display' plate. I guess if you're not being a dick they wont care much.

Bike is looking good.

Is that tail piece lined up properly?

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:08 - 19 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably not, it was interfered with and loosened off in my attempt to fit the grab rail. It was at about that point that I decided to
reassemble, but I didn't look to see if it was straight or not. I'll have a jiggle of the numberplate hanger when I get it home
later, there's bound to be some adjustment. Besides, I had to ride it in the wet today Shocked so it will be getting a good clean.
The plate is 8x7 so only an inch undersized, touch wood not too many old bill around my way sofor now it stays.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:32 - 19 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
The plate is 8x7 so only an inch undersized, touch wood not too many old bill around my way sofor now it stays.

It was more about the free form text at the bottom with no kite mark or manufacturer's/retailer's name/number. Which is what makes it easy to spot. I'm not sure I'd worry about it, but forewarned and all that..

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:40 - 19 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
It was more about the free form text at the bottom with no kite mark or manufacturer's/retailer's name/number. Which is what makes it easy to spot. I'm not sure I'd worry about it, but forewarned and all that..

I'm pretty sure thats no longer required...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:58 - 19 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akrapovic is on. Tis quite loud even with the DB killer in Laughing , and spits out foot long blue flames when blipping the throttle.
Pretty happy all things considered. Pics and vids when I can find the time.

Post edit -
Excuse the poor quality audio, video and stills. Laughing My pal came over last night and filmed me with his phone. Finally figured
how to put them on the computer and pinch a few stills. Doesn't do the sound justice at all but you get the general idea.

https://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz250/grrthefearless/Brisky%20shots/th_Shedrevs1_zps8plfkubc.mp4 <--- Clicky linky

https://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz250/grrthefearless/Brisky%20shots/Exhaustfire3_zpsosw3c57n.jpg

https://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz250/grrthefearless/Brisky%20shots/Exhaustfire_zpszxjmttxr.jpg

https://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz250/grrthefearless/Brisky%20shots/th_Dayfire2_zpsoxfzxvsh.mp4<---another clicky linky

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:51 - 25 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went out for a proper blat today on account of the sunshine and took a couple of slightly better pics of the new pipe.
The bike is filthy now because road silt after recent floods. These were taken just before I set off and it wasn't clean
to start with as it was lashing down on saturday when I went to collect it after the install and it's not been out since.

https://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz250/grrthefearless/Brisky%20shots/IMAG3327_zpslis8j6zk.jpg

https://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz250/grrthefearless/Brisky%20shots/IMAG3326_zpsg6skp73c.jpg

https://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz250/grrthefearless/Brisky%20shots/IMAG3325_zpsgpaouyuy.jpg

And another potato still... Smile

https://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz250/grrthefearless/Brisky%20shots/Exhaustfire4._zpsyoffnypt.jpg

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:19 - 26 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sexual system looks very nice, massive improvement to the bike looks wise, and I bet you've saved 7-8kg over std too?

Does it lose the cat too? And if so do you need to have a re-map done to stop it running lean/ eek out all of the available bhp and torque gains possible?

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:32 - 27 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not quite as much weight as that. But just under 4 kilos. Without mapping apparently Yamaha/Akrapovic
who developed the system together say I'll see gains of +5.1kw(@9850rpm) +6.4NM(@5150rpm) and -3.8kg weight.

Theres a more arty farty looking titanium (wrapped, S/S headers) system but that was was just shy of a grand Shocked
This one was dear enough thanks. Besides, they never show the other side of the titanium coated exhaust in any pics as
it is as unevenly shaped and ugly as the stock pipe just with a nicer finish. Neutral There's also forum talk of them bottoming out
at speed on bad roads with that pipe too.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8622/15936157294_820ff12095_o.gif

Yamaha say no mapping needed, and to be honest it's not like I need any extra powaaah. I just wanted to make it noisy. Thumbs Up
I may go out slip the silencer off and whip the baffle out a bit later. It's awkward to do on bike so it will need me to get the
thing in bits. Once I'm out of warranty period I'll have it flashed. It was an official approved warranty friendly part installed
by the supplying main dealer, I'm not too fussed about extracting every last bit of power out. It's said I should change the 02
setting for each cylinder to 14 which is optimum for that pipe apparently. It's something I can do myself using the
speedo display console, I may give that a whirl and see if it feels any better. It's easy enough to put back to stock. Thumbs Up

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:14 - 27 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks way cooler than std anyhow, and saving 4kg and gaining 6.8 bhp somewhere in the Rev range with a bit more torque too is utterly worth the price alone IMO. Im surprised but glad to hear it does not need a re-map to bin the catalyst, but seeing as it's a factory approved/developed system I guess they would have made sure it would run fine as it is.

Can you map the OEM ECU with a re-flash then out of interest?

I can understand that chasing every last bhp is not important and that the looks and sound is the best and most noticeable worthwhile reason to change the std pipe too.

Im a bit weird, as I like it on BCF when people come out and say they changed their bikes pipe for some more noise. Im one of those that does not care about noise one little bit, and looks are a nice but secondary bonus to a new exhaust.

On my KMX I wouldn't mind if the new pipe I'm having made next year is near silent, all I want to see is the difference in numbers on the dyno to feel turned on!

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:35 - 27 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Theres a more arty farty looking titanium system

Suits the bike better in carbon anyway, imo. Looks good Thumbs Up
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Supermoto_Fan
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:58 - 08 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much better than the freebie system they give away ..

Get your bike flashed ASAP by S-TEC in Newbury, their on the owners group on Facebook, literally flashed dozens now, I can confirm it completely transforms the bike. With the same exhaust and a K&N filter now flashed, I'm about 130 BHP, which is at least 20 up on stock...
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 138 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3