Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

2005 WR450F - Sprucing it up - HELP

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

NinaMarie1989
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 09:48 - 07 Oct 2016    Post subject: 2005 WR450F - Sprucing it up - HELP Reply with quote

Hi everyone, my partners just bought an 05 WR, and he's looking at replacing a few bits as it's looking a bit tatty ( See 2nd picture )

Now he had he measuring sag the other week and would seem the bikes suspension is a wee bit soft - something I'm sure he can adjust.

So I was thinking of buying him replacement forks and rear shocker similar to what is in the first picture but I can't find them anywhere?!

I would also like to get some carbon fibre fork guards, but the only ones I can find are like sleeves?

Can anyone help??

TIA
Nina

Fizzer Thou
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:27 - 15 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does your partner want to use the bike for?

Fun enduros?
Competition enduros?
Green laning?

Replacing the forks and the rear shock are two items that are expensive to replace.Far better to have them modified by one of several companies like K-Tech.The shock in the picture is a full blown Ohlins that would cost in the region of £1000.The forks look like modified standard with DLC,which is very expensive.

Being a competition machine many parts are available,even for a 2005 bike.

The Dirt Bike Show is near Coventry over the weekend of the 29th and 30th October.

Failing that,have a look at the sticky at the top of this section.It shows a multitude of websites worth looking through Thumbs Up

Always have a 'Plan B'
Banana_B1 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 166 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1