Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

A 'New' Triumph

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:54 - 13 Oct 2016    Post subject: A 'New' Triumph Reply with quote

I say new loosely because it's a styling exercise using the Street Twin as a base.

https://www.totaltriumph.co.uk/image.php?image=1&id=2017tristreetcup&size=data

The Street Cup.

Now I like that but what a stupid name, the Street Cup of what, tea?

Commuter_Tim
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:20 - 13 Oct 2016    Post subject: Re: A 'New' Triumph Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I say new loosely because it's a styling exercise using the Street Twin as a base.

https://www.totaltriumph.co.uk/image.php?image=1&id=2017tristreetcup&size=data

The Street Cup.

Now I like that but what a stupid name, the Street Cup of what, tea?

I like it, it looks like a cup of tea, and is my cup of tea, it's just enough Cafe Racer without the Hipster.

I ride a Bandit 600... badly.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:25 - 13 Oct 2016    Post subject: Re: A 'New' Triumph Reply with quote

Commuter_Tim wrote:

I like it, it looks like a cup of tea, and is my cup of tea, it's just enough Cafe Racer without the Hipster.

That front mud guard is very close to hipster... I'd like a few more inches.. Ooooerr missus...

Mawsley
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 01:29 - 14 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like a Kardashian, it serves no real purpose but I can see why some people might find it attractive.

nitrosurf
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 06:56 - 14 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks badly proportioned to me, as if it's all leaning forward slightly. Looks a bit like someone's added café racer bits that are too small and the wrong shape for the frame.

Snowdonia Rider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:21 - 14 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the chinkys styled it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

mkjackary
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 13:29 - 14 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://images.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk/media-library/images/configurator/my17/db/30-09-2016/aegean_blue_fusion_white_db_rhs.png

They also have a 'new' Bonneville T100

They have reduced the cc down to 900 from 1200, added a few more features, like cruise control/MPG calculations etc. It is now 5 speed (when it was 6). It has lost 25BHP (is now 54 BHP) and gone from 105 to 80 Nm of torque.

It has gone from 52 MPG to 74 MPG. Reduced the weight by 11KG. It has lost a nissin brake caliper on the front. And most importantly reduced the base model price by 1500 quid.

So it is just a way to reduce costs.

Oh and they have added a pre restricted A2 version of a bike too, which is cool I guess. Not sure many 19-21 Y/os who will be able to afford it though.[/img]

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:32 - 14 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

mkjackary wrote:
Not sure many 19-21 Y/os who will be able to afford it though

And even fewer who'd want a 'dad' bike like that.

mkjackary
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 13:36 - 14 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh and the differences between the Street Cup, and the Street Twin.

Same engine, same BHP, same torque, same brakes, same tank, same wheels, same ...... etc

Basically just like someone has got a Street Twin and made it into a cafe racer with a diff seat, handlebar, mirrors, and windshield, and charged you 1100 extra quid.

I would have liked them to tweak the engine at least a bit, maybe a couple more BHP?

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:40 - 14 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

mkjackary wrote:

Basically just like someone has got a Street Twin and made it into a cafe racer with a diff seat, handlebar, mirrors, and windshield, and charged you 1100 extra quid.

Which is pretty much what it'd cost if you bought the parts form the triumph catalogue. What's the problem? MT-07 / XSR 700 / Tracer 700 are all the same bike with extras, same for the MT-09 /XSR900 and Tracer 900.

Derivative
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:39 - 14 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitrosurf wrote:
Looks badly proportioned to me, as if it's all leaning forward slightly.

Yeah. It's hard to put my finger on, but something looks a bit wrong.

The tail is too short and the front looks too far back, a bit like it's all been compressed into the center, though it might be a bit of an optical illusion.

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 14:43 - 14 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitrosurf wrote:
Looks badly proportioned to me, as if it's all leaning forward slightly. Looks a bit like someone's added café racer bits that are too small and the wrong shape for the frame.

looks slightly better if you put your thumbs over the flyscreen and extended rear mudguard

kawashima
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:55 - 14 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

-------new T100 / street twin
Tacho----YES----/----NO
Tank-----14.5L--/-----12L
bhp-------54bhp-/--47bhp
weight--213kg--/--198kg
seat----790mm-/--750mm
price----£8,300--/--£7,500

new T100 looks so nice.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:44 - 14 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

kawashima wrote:
Tacho----YES----/----NO
bhp-------54bhp-/--47bhp
weight--213kg--/--198kg
seat----790mm-/--750mm

new T100 looks so nice.

Agree with you pal Thumbs Up

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:49 - 14 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

kawashima wrote:
Tacho----YES----/----NO
bhp-------54bhp-/--47bhp
weight--213kg--/--198kg
seat----790mm-/--750mm

new T100 looks so nice.

Street Twin was always meant to be for the A2 lot.

T120 is where the cool kids hang out.
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:13 - 14 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone shoot the little fuck
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:16 - 24 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the new Triumph stuff. I did think i would like a Street Triple (and i would ... probably) but in reality, i'd get more enjoyment out of either of these. Something fun about being able to use more of the bike with the lower power output and i LOVE the exhaust note with the upgraded cans on. It's fast enough for what i do / where i go and noisy enough to make me smile whilst doing it.

Prefer the Cup over the Twin because a bike without a rev counter feels odd - i'd probably fit straight bars because i'm not cool enough to want the dropped fake things. You can pick the bits you want, it comes with them fitted ... all you have to do is click the box and job done. From a height / fitment point perspective, I fit on the Twin / Cup like a glove and without any need to feck about with stuff. Both feet flat down but still look like a normal human being sat on a normal sized bike.

It's similar to my 1994 CB500 but new, shiny, modern with all the current safety kit but still looks like a 'proper' bike and that appeals. I can see one of these being in the garage come spring next year.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:52 - 24 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
You can pick the bits you want, it comes with them fitted ... all you have to do is click the box and job done.

Are you sure about that? Looking at the triumph site it tells you how long fitting time is. I suspect you'd need to negotiate the fitting and, as they are cost extras, I'd want the original bits too.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:47 - 24 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd want it clarifying that fitting would be included and since i'd be paying cash .... i'd not be interested unless fitting was free otherwise i'd go aftermarket and buy / fit myself. No doubt this is yet another exercise to make a bit more coin .... i will ring them and ask.

I thought the bikes were assembled by Triumph and then shipped out to the closest dealer for you to collect - if it's Woburn doing any of the actual work ... no thanks and i'd not give a red cent to the one over at HemelH either.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:30 - 24 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

My weird take on it is that Triumph should use this 900/1200 engine once tuned to be bad mannered and antisocial, and put it in a beam framed naked sportsbike like a speed twin version of a speed four or early speed triple.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:07 - 24 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
I'd want it clarifying that fitting would be included and since i'd be paying cash .... i'd not be interested unless fitting was free otherwise i'd go aftermarket and buy / fit myself. No doubt this is yet another exercise to make a bit more coin .... i will ring them and ask.

I thought the bikes were assembled by Triumph and then shipped out to the closest dealer for you to collect - if it's Woburn doing any of the actual work ... no thanks and i'd not give a red cent to the one over at HemelH either.

What problems have you had with Woburn? I've had 3 bikes from them and not has any issues except they are dealer expensive)

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:17 - 24 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just about average customer service on the 3 separate times i've been in - it doesn't make you feel inclined to part with your hard earned. Same over at the Hemel one too .... always feels like they know the bikes sell themselves and they don't need to try. Once they find out you're not interested in their finance package etc etc.

By comparison, Wheels in Peterborough / Onyerbike near Aylesbury have been spot on on the times i've dropped in to look at stuff / buy something. Maybe i've just been unlucky. Partner bought her bike from Wheels, could not have been an easier transaction from casual interest, 2 test rides and eventually a purchase.

I have my local bike place in Stevenage for getting work done and that's the only place i'd go to.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:20 - 24 Oct 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I'm not a great fan of 'On Yer Bike'. Funny how different people have different thoughts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 157 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2