BCF: Bike Chat Forums

zx1

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Panther
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 14:13 - 27 Aug 2004    Post subject: zx1 Reply with quote

anyone tried Extralube ZX1, the small bottle of oil additive that is supposed to eliminate friction but not affect the clutch plates...might try it if it's worth it, anything to get her spinning up faster...Surprised

https://www.team-zx1.co.uk/main.cfm

Claud 14.7 to 1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:25 - 27 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i tried Slick50 in my bike. But due to mixed reactions from various people im not going to use any oil additives (friction inhibitors) in the future. I cant seem to get a solid responce as to whether they work or do not.

Just reguar oil/oil filter changes, with decent oil and O.E. filters.

Let the bike warm up enough, then thrash away to your hearts content.

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 19:26 - 27 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The narrow oilways in bike engines get clogged easily enough, you don't want to be introducing anything to coat them.

I tried slick 50 in the VX800. The clutch started slipping soon afterwards, but I don't know if it was the slick 50 or the car oil.

If you want it be smooth inside the engine, use a decent oil and change it regularly.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 243 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1