Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Motorbike rampage suspects arrested in dawn raid -Birmingham

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

bugeye_bob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:13 - 18 Mar 2017    Post subject: Motorbike rampage suspects arrested in dawn raid -Birmingham Reply with quote

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/motorbike-rampage-suspects-arrested-dawn-12759539

Police have arrested seven people in the latest crackdown on motorbike gangs causing chaos and terror across the region.

Most of the suspects were detained at addresses in Birmingham following dawn raids on Friday, with another picked up by officers in Leicester.

The operation is the latest phase of police action targeting off-road bikers, who brought chaos to the region’s roads during ‘ride out’ gatherings.

The arrested men – aged between 19 and 25 – have been quizzed on suspicion of causing a public nuisance.

They are the latest group suspected of being involved in illegal bike rallies that last year saw louts taking to the streets on scramblers, pit bikes, mini motos and quad bikes.

In December, West Midlands Police executed tens of warrants that led to the arrest of 28 suspects and the seizure of 27 bikes.

Speaking after the latest arrests, Sergeant Adam Jobson said: “Those arrested remain on police bail; we are working closely with prosecutors to secure charges against them and illustrate that this type of behaviour is dangerous and won’t be tolerated.

“We’ve seen off-road bikers clogging up our roads, intimidating other road users, jumping red lights, speeding and pulling stunts in the street. It’s totally unacceptable and I sympathise with any members of the public that have been inconvenienced by the bikers.

“We now have anti-social motoring and street racing injunctions in force across the whole of Solihull, Birmingham and the Black Country – and several people have been handed suspended jail terms and heavy fines for breaching the injunctions.

“People need to recognise that if there participate in such events they can expect a knock on the door from us, we will seize their bikes… and they can prepare for a day in court.”

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:27 - 18 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASBO badges of pride all round, chaps.

I'm interested in what legislation they're using to seize bikes on the spot. PACE, S59?

Minty
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:26 - 18 Mar 2017    Post subject: Re: Motorbike rampage suspects arrested in dawn raid -Birmin Reply with quote

bugeye_bob wrote:
In December, West Midlands Police executed tens

Dance!

bugeye_bob wrote:
of warrants

Crying or Very sad

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:23 - 22 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame the Police are not so quick to round up bike thieves.

I had to laugh at the "clogging up roads" line, seriously? ffs.

The longer I ride the more resentful i get of having to register, insure, tax and conform to any rules of riding when I look at how little Motorcyclists get in return.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:50 - 22 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same picture on every article relating to the topic, eva.

There was a video of a rider getting knocked of but I've since lost it. Saying that there was multiple videos surfacing of bikes on their side because fed up cops not so long ago.

Dead dog recently after a field bike ran it over in a park and fled. Reporting on a report of a chinese whisper of a report.

Every Sunday in the same places, not hard to come across em.

Apart from a helicopter occasionally fek alls being done.
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:46 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/watch-police-riders-try-trap-12794451

Well I take it back, something's attempting to be done.

So close but so far.

I'll have to imagine what it would have been like to abandon the bikes and jump in the river. Sad

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:02 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^
Quote:
It is understood that the chase ended with the policeman being knocked off his bike and the group getting away.

But I thought Police riders were as good as they get... Rolling Eyes Out ridden by an unlicensed chav on a stolen small capacity
crosser. Great work boys. The taxpayer will have to pay to fix the bike plod binned no doubt.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:09 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how many of the bukes seized turned out to be stolen.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:30 - 25 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chavs had the better tool for the job.

If you're going off road I wouldn't choose a fully spec'd out and loaded police bike over a lightweight off road bike.

Well, that or get a better plod rider.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:18 - 30 Mar 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think London's come to Birmingham.

Sat on the bus, because tailbag broke and no way of transporting chains, and some lad gets on. Top deck, usual hard man bounce same old.

Anyway from the details I managed to earwig of his oh so loudly announced story, probably on the phone or talking to someone, he got bike jacked. Him on a, bare with me, three grand pedal bike and two guys on a moped. Something about a big black guy, he liked saying that multiple times, that had a knife in one hand and a spanner and the other who, once they'd chased him down an alley way and bumped into him then carried it, the pillion this is, the pedal bike while the moped rider cracked on his way home. Basically the bike dangling while they rode of into the sunset.

"All the olders where onit fam. Bare man with bare cars n dat came but man was no where to be seen. It's the fact they tried it in my endz fam. The way they tried it was rar." I'm too old, or feel too detached from the surroundings I share with such people. Such shame in repeating, and writing in the way he spoke, out loud.

Sounds like he got chased from a not well to do neighbourhood to a main road and it all went kaput there.

Not really sure the if the value of the pedal bike is correct since I was ear wigging the entire story but he seemed to fail to realise that "they can only sell it for £250 fam," of this he was sure, that it's a profit for any thief. He said it liked they'd turn down the chance to sell it for that much.

I've no idea what's really what but figured I'd share the joy.

Also seems that someone I work with left his car in the wrong part of Brum and returned to find his tyres slashed. Sent me other mate on the rescue mission after he'd done rescuing me with the whole tailbag episode yesterday.

Oh ze joys.

Wonko The Sane
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:18 - 06 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
^^^
Quote:
It is understood that the chase ended with the policeman being knocked off his bike and the group getting away.

But I thought Police riders were as good as they get... Rolling Eyes Out ridden by an unlicensed chav on a stolen small capacity
crosser. Great work boys. The taxpayer will have to pay to fix the bike plod binned no doubt.

should have got a pick up truck and fired mattresses from it.

choogh
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 07:58 - 07 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:
Think London's come to Birmingham.

Sat on the bus, because tailbag broke and no way of transporting chains, and some lad gets on. Top deck, usual hard man bounce same old.

Anyway from the details I managed to earwig of his oh so loudly announced story, probably on the phone or talking to someone, he got bike jacked. Him on a, bare with me, three grand pedal bike and two guys on a moped. Something about a big black guy, he liked saying that multiple times, that had a knife in one hand and a spanner and the other who, once they'd chased him down an alley way and bumped into him then carried it, the pillion this is, the pedal bike while the moped rider cracked on his way home. Basically the bike dangling while they rode of into the sunset.

"All the olders where onit fam. Bare man with bare cars n dat came but man was no where to be seen. It's the fact they tried it in my endz fam. The way they tried it was rar." I'm too old, or feel too detached from the surroundings I share with such people. Such shame in repeating, and writing in the way he spoke, out loud.

Sounds like he got chased from a not well to do neighbourhood to a main road and it all went kaput there.

Not really sure the if the value of the pedal bike is correct since I was ear wigging the entire story but he seemed to fail to realise that "they can only sell it for £250 fam," of this he was sure, that it's a profit for any thief. He said it liked they'd turn down the chance to sell it for that much.

I've no idea what's really what but figured I'd share the joy.

Also seems that someone I work with left his car in the wrong part of Brum and returned to find his tyres slashed. Sent me other mate on the rescue mission after he'd done rescuing me with the whole tailbag episode yesterday.

Oh ze joys.

Can someone please translate the above into English.? I have no comprehension of what's been written.. After all I am old.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Baggyman
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 08:21 - 07 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Google translate......

...using public transport due to luggage malfunction and the necessity to transport my accoutrements to an S&M party. In business class when a rough gentleman arrived walking like John Wayne with Haemorrhoids again.....

It gets a bit hazy after that.

choogh
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 10:09 - 07 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh..now I simply don't get anything... is it a "local" dialect., or, youth talk?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

choogh
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 10:12 - 07 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:
Chavs had the better tool for the job.

If you're going off road I wouldn't choose a fully spec'd out and loaded police bike over a lightweight off road bike.

Well, that or get a better plod rider.

We all have " off" days.. When plod has one, he gets sympathy, when you have one, you get nicked. Very Happy

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:13 - 07 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

choogh wrote:

Can someone please translate the above into English.? I have no comprehension of what's been written.. After all I am old.

got byk jacked innit bruv

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:03 - 07 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

choogh wrote:
Ahh..now I simply don't get anything... is it a "local" dialect., or, youth talk?

I giggled.

I take it you're referring to the part inbetween speech mark quotations?

Basically some young lad got his pedal bike nicked after being chased down by two lads that where on a moped from a not very well to do area for a while until he reached another area and main road and eventually got knocked of as the pillion carried the pedal bike while residing on the back of the scooter carrying it in thin air. Guy on the back had a spanner and knife.

Olders refers to the older ones in a gang. Basically got him and a bunch of his mates with cars and "tools, if you like" to try and hunt them down and get some form of revenge and find them but they'd long since gone.

I'd call things like "bare - lots of" and "rar - sad" local slang talk. I understand it but shake my head at it.

Can't really be sure how much of it is true since it all sounded a bit Hollywood like and he didn't seem the type to not attract trouble.

Car jacking seems to be the latest thing but newspaper I read said 20 in the past 5 months, that's hardly up to Londons standard of theft, yet.

choogh
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 13:32 - 07 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that !!🙄
Just one further question... they said all between quotation marks in a "Brum" accent..🤣?
Must have been hilarious 😂🤣
Try it...!!😃👍

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:14 - 07 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

choogh wrote:

Try it...!!😃👍

I don't have to try, I just open me gob.

Where's Dave when you need him in the corner?

Bet he's looking for pennies on the floor outside cash converter again.
Arcane1729 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:37 - 08 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Boikeloife! Yow get me? '

Hilarious to see what some will do to impress a few black blokes from a council estate. Dicks.
Arcane1729 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:46 - 08 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcane1729 wrote:
Is Erdington a safe area?

Think that videos from the same road the DVSA Garrett's Green test centre is on, not sure. Sheldon / Stetchford / Yardley all near by, the latter two, and the last one in particular, is, I believe, commonly named as where the youth's gather with such bikes. I'd say anywhere on the 97 bus route really. Probably includes castle bromwich also.

Erdington? Not sure, haven't been in forever and an age. Used to popular as a place to shop but long since got crappy and run down and therefore neglected.

Why are you asking me anyway you're supposed to be from Brum? Confused

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:42 - 08 Apr 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcane1729 wrote:
All they do is go up and down the same road doing one "trick" which isnt' even hard to do...

You have camera, lightweight bike and centre stage. Impress the shit out of us with yo skillz.
Seems ironic that the test centre is in the same road. I'd imagine none of them have been inside the place.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 355 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2